The Music Forums > Pop!

SINOSIKAT: Why does the album sound utterly different from the original mixes?

<< < (2/8) > >>

lilith:

--- Quote from: spilledmilk on July 17, 2007, 06:52:55 PM ---haha nahhhh

anyway ung alam ko naman is tsismis lang...so i dunno...

--- End quote ---

which story? that labels get to call the shot on how the songs are supposed to be mixed in the album?   :|

dunno if this is true. but i would rily love to get a hold of a copy of the unreleased album/ep, kung meron man.

Gep:
I won't get sued for this one because Allen himself said this:

"They removed every element that I contributed to the album. Basically, the bass guitar, the rhodes in this particular track, and replaced it with session musicians... It doesn't sound the same because my lines are under my copyright."

"They also had it remixed by another mixing engineer, and trashed my mixes. The reasons are too lengthy and inappropriate to be written in this forum. But when you get the chance, buy their album and judge for yourself whether you prefer the old one of the new one. peace
=)"

tempo:

--- Quote from: lilith on July 18, 2007, 05:38:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: spilledmilk on July 17, 2007, 06:52:55 PM ---haha nahhhh

anyway ung alam ko naman is tsismis lang...so i dunno...

--- End quote ---

which story? that labels get to call the shot on how the songs are supposed to be mixed in the album?   :|

dunno if this is true. but i would rily love to get a hold of a copy of the unreleased album/ep, kung meron man.

--- End quote ---

dati may 3 songs ang sino sikat sa myspace account nila. this was before they released the album. it was totally different from the mix on the album, mas "madumi" yung sound nila (in a good way). i think it was turning my safety off, telepono, & praning. but i would still give credit to allen umali, he is such a good musician...

nevertheless, i still love their album. go buy the album!

skunkyfunk:

--- Quote from: Gep on July 18, 2007, 03:00:46 PM ---I won't get sued for this one because Allen himself said this:

"They removed every element that I contributed to the album. Basically, the bass guitar, the rhodes in this particular track, and replaced it with session musicians... It doesn't sound the same because my lines are under my copyright."

"They also had it remixed by another mixing engineer, and trashed my mixes. The reasons are too lengthy and inappropriate to be written in this forum. But when you get the chance, buy their album and judge for yourself whether you prefer the old one of the new one. peace
=)"

--- End quote ---

Hands down... the older mixes sound WAYYYY BETTER. 

sponkel:
anyone have a link to the old mixes?

I have only heard them through the CD (which I guess has the new mix)....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version