The Music Forums > Jazz and Blues Cafe

Your best blues guitarist inspiration?

(1/50) > >>

teleclem:
Who first inspired you to do blues?..  :)

To start off, my first ever inspiration was clapton (hehe :) ).. inspiration din sa strat..

then si bb king, buddy guy..

markthevirtuoso:
SRV & Clapton sa umpisa...

tas i dug Hendrix, BB King and Robert Johnson...

tas lately Robben Ford. :D

psychic_sushi:
jimi! my dad turned me on to him when i was starting out, hes been on the top of my list, always referred to in my solos.

then followed EC, albert king, srv, and whoever. johnny winter and jimi are perennial favorites of mine, but i got sad watching the latest JW dvd ;( he was just seated on a chair!

psychic_sushi:
jimi! my dad turned me on to him when i was starting out, hes been on the top of my list, always referred to in my solos.

then followed EC, albert king, srv, and whoever. johnny winter and jimi are perennial favorites of mine, but i got sad watching the latest JW dvd ;( he was just seated on a chair!

Deacon Blues:
My first brush with the blues was Jeff Beck's 'Wired' album..

I admit that I'm not really too fond of the Hendrix, Clapton, or BB King styles, but there's something about Beck's playing that sets him apart from his peers ..

His solo on 'Goodbye Pork Pie Hat' is my textbook case of a classic blues solo - in terms of tone and phrasing. It's amazing how he builds up from whisper-soft levels and cranks it up to that searing, distorted tone .. To this day, that song still sends chills up my spine

I haven't seen any of his videos before, so you can just imagine how ecstatic I was upon finding all those rare, historic clips at youtube.com
Beck is best heard AND seen! It's amazing to see him playing with just his fingers - thumbing his notes, 'heeling' the bridge to get that trademark flutter ..

Unfortunately, I don't quite dig his newer albums' 'techno' touch. I still prefer to hear him in the traditional four or five piece band setting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version