hulika

Author Topic: bakit kaya mga rakista galit sa emo??  (Read 58840 times)

Offline Stay Defiant

Re: bakit kaya mga rakista galit sa emo??
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 04:21:59 PM »
kaya nga natakot ang mga tao dati eh at nag-galit sa kanila dahil iba nga ang style nila at catchy ang lyrics.

And please. The Beatles were AHEAD of their time.  That's what made them unique. 

beatles is like blues, soul, r'n'b (40-50's, not the one your hearing on the radio) mix into one (or four  :-D)

Hiphop and metal is not a clear genre.
Hiphop is everything mix into one.
Metal is blues, rock n roll, in distorted level at high gain

I think the only recent "clear" genre is electronic music.

paunawa ko ay huwag mag away at maging open minded sa ibat ibang klaseng musika.
marami naman mga poseur hindi lang sa emo kung kundi sa metal, lalo nasa hiphop atbp.
...must not sleep...must warn others.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
Nah.  The Beatles defined pop and rock. 

Hip hop and Metal are CLEAR genres, mainly because they've CLEARLY created separate identities from their base genres.

I can't really imagine "emo" having an identity of it's own.  And if you think I was picking a fight with you, it's clear that you are "emo."

Gets?
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »
mga ibang rakista galit sa emo kasi...

yung iba galing sa pagiging emo tas nalaman na maraming galit sa emo..
nagalit din siya sa emo kunwari di siya naging emo :D

Offline simon_divitico

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 08:57:59 PM »
Er...

Although I don't really dig ip-op and bakal, they are CLEAR genres with DEFINITE identities.  "emo" is just pop, rock, ballad, etc, masquerading as a "new" genre.

And please.  The Beatles were AHEAD of their time.  That's what made them unique. 

Emo WILL NEVER be a genre, unless of course the world ends...

Sir and Emo sa palagay ko ay hindi lang merely Genre. Magiging iba ang isang bagay lalo na sa music  kung ang isang grupo ng tao ay magiging masyadong indulged dito. Dito pumapasok ang trend. Hindi mo maikakailang ang mga taong mahilig sa "Emo" music ay may sariling imahe na. Kasi parang ang gulo diba kung di mo sila puwedeng tawaging "Emo" dahil lang sa ang "Emo" ay genre, kung dun din naman nagmula ang kina-"Emo" nila. Pero, di ko itinatangging hindi Genre ang "Emo". Dalawang bagay na ang associated kapag sinabing Emo.

Sariling pananaw lang  :-)
FS EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD MIK P15K http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=297667.0

Offline p2ltronilogd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »
Please.

"Emo" is not even a genre...

sir EMO is a Genre...
i'm not EMO or anything...
i'm 100% Metalhead

put it this way

EMO - Like the genre, Hate The people

Offline p2ltronilogd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
naalala niyo ba yung slogan na "hiphop bulok" at maraming ayaw sa metal at punk (ang daming galit sa metallica dati) back in early 90's.

ngayon its considered na those were some of the best years for metal and also the "golden age" of hiphop.

so true bro...
in fact the best metal songs were released in those years...

can't believe a lot of people was angry at metallica?

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »
It's human nature that a seemingly innocent word gets demonized over time. I sometimes think that Jimmy Eat World is now peeved with all this emo fad happening here.

they've been peeved with this, as well as being classified as "emo", for the past several years, AFAIK.

naalala niyo ba yung slogan na "hiphop bulok" at maraming ayaw sa metal at punk (ang daming galit sa metallica dati) back in early 90's.

oo naman, naabutan ko yun...count me in among those who freely used "hip-hop bulok!!!" as part of my day-to-day vocabulary. 

but i was much younger then, and who would guess that a few years after the celebrated "metal vs hip-hop" wars of the LA 105.9 era, you'd get bands like limp bizkit crossing the two genres...though i never was much of a limp bizkit fan after the first album...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »
sir EMO is a Genre...
i'm not EMO or anything...
i'm 100% Metalhead

put it this way

EMO - Like the genre, Hate The people

Er, no.

"Emo," is pop, rock, ballad, etc, DRESSED up in, well, a DRESS.  It's trying to be "different" yet in all aspects the SAME.

Much like "novelty" songs are really NOT a genre on its own, but an abomination of pop.

New Manila Sound

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 12:49:35 AM »
honest na tanong lang. edi kung hindi genre ang emo, hindi din genre ang glam rock?

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 01:01:14 AM »
honest na tanong lang. edi kung hindi genre ang emo, hindi din genre ang glam rock?

Glam rock is STILL rock.

New Manila Sound

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 01:06:55 AM »
ah. okay. salamat sir!

Offline Stay Defiant

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 02:58:33 AM »

I can't really imagine "emo" having an identity of it's own.  And if you think I was picking a fight with you, it's clear that you are "emo."

Gets?

i wasnt intending to pick a fight with you. it was meant to be as a whole not just you. nasaan ba sa sentence ko na nabangit ang ikaw o pangalan mo.

im not as close minded as you. i listened to every music on every genre. from underground bands to the highest selling crap singles. every musician bring something to the table. and i look for new music (local venues, street buskers, obscure places) not turn on the radio and hope for the best.

clearly you dont know what emotional means. do you have a wife or kids? do you love them? isnt that emotional?
so yeah, "emo" is the biggest bullsh*t genre ever made. every song has an emotional content to it. even your favourite band. we/them wouldnt be writing songs if we didnt feel anything unless your sell out.

ps:
i listen to tom waits, ben harper, crass, saul williams
and from memory i havent seen or heard cutting their wrist up.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 05:41:40 AM »
To be honest, I don't think that emo has a lyrical base for being unique, but in terms of the way it sounds, and having a cultural base, I think it's possible that emo at least exists as a fad, if not an actual genre or movement.

To continue:
On a subjective note, let's go back to the sound - I've always associated emo with a particular guitar sound: nasal, keening. It's like a high pitched wail that, taken in the negative sense, sounds like a whine. Add to that some dramatic arrangement meant to exaggerate either the lyrics or the feel of the song itself, and that's how i think emo sounds -  at times raw and melodramatic.

as for the cultural base...hmm. a lot of it is taken from other genres and movements, if not all. gothic, suicidal, neo-mod...but with a vengeance in terms of exaggeration.

Emo strikes me as an exaggeration, almost a parody (if not truly a parody, really) of a lot of genres. This probably explains the "emotional": it's emotionally exaggerated (slicing wrists, anyone...?).

So, my serious questions are: Is this exaggeration or extreme interpretation intended or not? Does it have meaning, or is it simply taking it to the farthest possible because it can be done? Is it just, well, for want of a better term, empty posturing? Or is it a way to say [strawberry] you" to everyone who wants their genres? Is all this giving emo too much credit, or exactly the credit it deserves?

I don't really like emo as a whole, though i do like some of the songs associated with emo.

But all these kids who profess to be emo? I don't know. That's the biggest weakness of emo - in terms of "brand loyalty," there's still a big question. Marami na akong nakitang dating "hip-hop" o "punkista" o "rakista" o "indie" na naging emo, or dumaan sa emo phase, tapos naging iba pa after that.

Hayy.

Basta ako, makikinig na lang ako ng gusto ko. at susuutin ko gusto ko. at hindi ako maglalagay ng make up unless KISS ang theme ng gig (at kailangan matinding udyok pa kailangan doon!). And let others do the same thing.

haha.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
emo is melancholic rock for me. too much drama. yung tipong umiiyak pa yung singer. di ko type.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 10:14:13 AM »
i wasnt intending to pick a fight with you. it was meant to be as a whole not just you. nasaan ba sa sentence ko na nabangit ang ikaw o pangalan mo.

Read your own response, please.  Then read mine, and tell me where I said YOU were picking a fight with me.  You can't even remember who said what...

im not as close minded as you. i listened to every music on every genre. from underground bands to the highest selling crap singles. every musician bring something to the table. and i look for new music (local venues, street buskers, obscure places) not turn on the radio and hope for the best.

EVERY music of every genre?  Wow, and that makes you what?  An authority of genre identification?

Sorry, but open-mindedness, in this case, is NOT determined by listening to everything.  As Richard Dawkins said, "There is such as being too open-minded that your brain falls out..."

clearly you dont know what emotional means. do you have a wife or kids? do you love them? isnt that emotional?

OH MY GOOOLAY!  That MUST mean my songs are Emo!  Right?

Wrong.

Pardon, what does having children or a wife have to do with  BEING emotional and having a EMO as a genre?

Clearly, you're mixing too many spices.  You CAN'T have a song without emotion in it, else, it WON'T be a song.

so yeah, "emo" is the biggest bullsh*t genre ever made. every song has an emotional content to it. even your favourite band. we/them wouldnt be writing songs if we didnt feel anything unless your sell out.

Biggest bullsh1t, yes.  Genre, STILL NO.  EVERY SONG has a certain amount of EMOTION in it.  Does that FACT make everything Emo then?

ps:i listen to tom waits, ben harper, crass, saul williams
and from memory i havent seen or heard cutting their wrist up.

Ah, is that Emo?  Lyrics about cutting your wrists for the sake of love?

Nah, Emo are those GEEKS trying to sing as emotional as they can.  They are the ACTORS in the soap opera.

So, again, it is NOT a genre.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:33:08 AM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:31 AM »
Matanglawin has a very strong point.
If we think about it, emo is just a fad IMO (no offense emo lovers). :-D
I don't hear anything that makes it unique. If there is, pls enlighten me...

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »
Matanglawin has a very strong point.
I don't hear anything that makes it unique. If there is, pls enlighten me...

The slicing of the wrist for the sake of love.  The "breaking into tears while wrestling with the lyrics" bit.  The "astig ako, pero in love" connotation.

Is that enough to make it a genre?

Oh please do not say it is so...

New Manila Sound

Offline Stay Defiant

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »
"paunawa ko ay huwag mag away at maging open minded sa ibat ibang klaseng musika."
hindi ito direct sa iyo kung di sa lahat ng nakikinig ng musika.

"authority of genre identification" hahaha. its your words not mine.
what i meant was if someone give me a cd that i will listen to it or if my friends invite me to go to see some bands that i will come. Not necessarily forcing myself to listen to everything, if the opportunity is there, use it.
i will not stop listening to new music, to me its like an adventure, love discovering new things, hearing it first before anyone could.
please let me know your definition of what open minded is.

and please let me know what Emotion means to you.
sigurado naman na may naramdaman ka nung sinusulat mo yung mga kanta mo.
and can you give me an example of any song that hasnt got emotions on it, i would love to hear it.
the wife and kids thing is just an example. love, hate, angry, sad, its all emotion. its what you feel inside.
you hate your music being labelled an emo dont you. emo has become a slang word nowadays that if someone hear the word love on a song that it will be classed as emo.

thats why im one of the few who oppose emo as being a genre and for the record, the media invented the word EMO. I havent heard any bands from an "emo" genre admitting theyre emo. ask them.
you said you dont think emo is genre but you give a very good description of what it is.
which side are you on?

This thread is becoming more emotional by the pages. :lol:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:13:48 PM by Stay Defiant »

Offline wiccan8888

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 06:01:46 PM »
EMO people should all die.   

Offline Stay Defiant

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »
:-D dati back in the late 70's tingin nila sa Punk ay isang trend pero ngayon Punk is still not dead. Nu wave ni-revive, 80's metal buhay parin (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden), hiphop - dami nagsabi na hindi ito magtatagal, ngayon nakakainis dahil puro ito na lang ang naririnig sa radio o tv.

Offline Stay Defiant

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 06:07:18 PM »
mali, ayun ang gusto nilang mangyari :lol:
ito ang tama "All you emos should live a long life, with a good health and a happy family" :-D

EMO people should all die.   
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:16:20 PM by Stay Defiant »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
"paunawa ko ay huwag mag away at maging open minded sa ibat ibang klaseng musika."
hindi ito direct sa iyo kung di sa lahat ng nakikinig ng musika.

Bakit kailangan mong humingi ng paunawa if you don't have an assumption to begin with?

"authority of genre identification" hahaha. its your words not mine.

But that's what you are claiming, with your "listen to every music" statement.

what i meant was if someone give me a cd that i will listen to it or if my friends invite me to go to see some bands that i will come. Not necessarily forcing myself to listen to everything, if the opportunity is there, use it.

Then you should LEARN how to write properly.  You don't listen to EVERY music.

i will not stop listening to new music, to me its like an adventure, love discovering new things, hearing it first before anyone could.

Er, who's stopping you?

please let me know your definition of what open minded is.

Same as yours.  But it seems you've made yourself exclusive to open-mindedness.

and please let me know what Emotion means to you.

Hahahaha.  You're stretching this way to far, dude.

sigurado naman na may naramdaman ka nung sinusulat mo yung mga kanta mo.

Kaya nga, so Emo rin ako?

and can you give me an example of any song that hasnt got emotions on it, i would love to hear it.

Ay, huwag akong baligtarin, paunawa.  

I already said on the forefront that ALL songs have EMOTIONS.  But does that make everything EMO?

the wife and kids thing is just an example. love, hate, angry, sad, its all emotion. its what you feel inside.

BAD example.  You're talking about emotions in the GENERAL sense, not as a genre.

you hate your music being labelled an emo dont you. emo has become a slang word nowadays that if someone hear the word love on a song that it will be classed as emo.

Oh, sorry, but no.  I can be "labelled" as such, I won't be offended, but the good thing is, people who have indeed heard my song placed it ALL in either pop, blues and RnB.

thats why im one of the few who oppose emo as being a genre and for the record, the media invented the word EMO. I havent heard any bands from an "emo" genre admitting theyre emo. ask them.

You're opposed?  Wow.  That doesn't seem as so with you DEFENDING it as a genre.  And it's really a good thing that IT IS NOT a genre.

you said you dont think emo is genre but you still label these bands as emo. you even give a very good description of what it is.

Ugh, having comprehension problems, are you?

Where did I label anyone as Emo?  i-Quote mo ako ha.  Yung EXACT words ko, ha.  

I assure you, babalik sa iyo lahat iyan.  Even the "description" came from you, to which I only expounded.

What I said is EMO IS NOT EVEN A GENRE.

which side are you on?

Side?

It seems that you are NOW flipflopping, since most here disagree with you.

This thread is becoming more emotional by the pages. :lol:

Yeah, and it's ALL you...

New Manila Sound

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 06:23:07 PM »
:-D dati back in the late 70's tingin nila sa Punk ay isang trend pero ngayon Punk is still not dead. Nu wave ni-revive, 80's metal buhay parin (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden), hiphop - dami nagsabi na hindi ito magtatagal, ngayon nakakainis dahil puro ito na lang ang naririnig sa radio o tv.

Punk and Metal is a subgenre of rock.  New wave is a subgenre of pop. Hip-hop along with rap is a genre all on its own.

Emo is NOT nor will it EVER BE a genre.  Just like Glam, it "separates" itself by " looking and performing differently."  Musically speaking, IT IS NOT UNIQUE. 

Emo, therefore is a FORM of rock "identified" by the characteristic "emotional" way it is performed.

We only have Pop, Rock, Jazz, Blues/Soul, Electronica/Dance, Reggae/World Music, as MAIN GENRES.

Do you really know music?  I mean, you might be listening, but NOT feeling...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:24:53 PM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline Stay Defiant

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2008, 03:10:06 AM »
wow, you scrutinize every sentence that i wrote. quoted everything, how long did it take you to do that essay?

obviously you dont believe that emo is not genre. but you keep insisting that emo is this and that. asking me, "am i emo?". i would say yes cause my definition of "emo" is different. so you shouldnt be concern cause emo is not genre, right?
to me, this music should be called post hardcore or melodic pop punk.

this kind of music will stay whether we like it or not. it has become culture with a huge following. i wasnt defending nor popularizing this type of music. my plead is to change the name of the genre.

look, i can argue on every sentence that you wrote but that would be a waste of time and immature. and you will keep writing more comebacks, analyzing every words that i say. its an endless rant and i think i already had my fair share.

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 04:42:17 AM »

Yes, but those bands / music belong to their respective genre. If you disect Emo's music, there's nothing original about it. Mostly spices of punk, pop w/ distorted guitars, growls & stuff... nothing original musically. No offense again to emo kids! :-D