hulika

Author Topic: Lomography / Film Photography  (Read 68261 times)

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Lomography / Film Photography
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »
noob question: film lifespan, how long?

say i slap a roll into the cam and take 1 picture everyday, kakayanin ba?

i remember when i was younger, i kept hearing film developers say "maam/sir, di na pwede develop yung ibang shots, na expose na po.".

so how can i protect the film from getting damaged while its in the cam?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2017, 07:48:46 AM »
Bought a run of the mill color film and used a run of the mill shop developer to test the metering on the Nikon F90x. I settled for center weight metering and just went on the middle mark of the light meter not thinking too much about the scene. I basically let the camera decide the exposure by following the built in meter.
Second to the last shot I was so focused on framing and focusing forgot to adjust the meter. Most shots focused manually except for some AF on lil red riding hood. If you are on the market for a second hand film cam the viewfinder coverage is essential especially for manual focus lens.
So lookin back the pillow shots could have been a bit under and the kids shots as well. The give way sign and sticker board looked pretty ok.

More manual focus practice.

Kodak Color Gold ISO 200

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:00:07 AM by pallas »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2017, 09:42:29 AM »
^ganda ng contrast eh.

ano iso nung film?

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2017, 10:06:38 AM »
^ganda ng contrast eh.

ano iso nung film?

thx. Kodak Color Gold ISO 200, HK$30 and $30 for develop and scan. Guy seems ok I don't know if he can develop Acros100 but I'm gonna ask today. I went around to the one near my work sabi ba naman develop/cdscan HK$90 after 4 days....WTF??
They ALL try to rip you off. Hopefully the one I went to can develop BW. Either that or push thru with doing it myself.

O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
thx. Kodak Color Gold ISO 200, HK$30 and $30 for develop and scan. Guy seems ok I don't know if he can develop Acros100 but I'm gonna ask today. I went around to the one near my work sabi ba naman develop/cdscan HK$90 after 4 days....WTF??
They ALL try to rip you off. Hopefully the one I went to can develop BW. Either that or push thru with doing it myself.
Invest na sa film scanner haha

Btw , just read the news that kodak and fuji are planning to focus on producing films again. Siguro nakita nila yung market ngayon and the re-growing interest on films.

As for me, baka canon fd o zenit slr kunin ko.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:29:58 AM by marzi »

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
First pic straight up iPhone 6, second edited and third is Kodak gold iso200.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2017, 10:20:07 AM »
Acros 100

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2017, 05:22:36 PM »
Madugong experiment tong film na to but I cant wait to shoot with it this Saturday.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »
Kodak portra 400

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2017, 10:54:07 AM »
Kodak portra 400
I don't like this film....too grainy and a few adjustments between shots on subjects with same light you get wildly different results. Way too grainy when underexposed. Just my first roll though gonna see what the other roll gives me.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »
Portra 400

What a difference a few stops makes....way too much grain on this film

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
Portra 400 looks great at night

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2017, 10:26:03 AM »
Cinestill 800T

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:50:18 AM by pallas »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »
haha! magkano roll nung cinestill?

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »
haha! magkano roll nung cinestill?

$98 for the roll +$35 for develop/scan times P6.00...madugo pre.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2017, 01:09:56 PM »
$98 for the roll +$35 for develop/scan times P6.00...madugo pre.

haha i know! and unless you want your photography to go to that direction, its an investment worth saving money for.

ive never been to hidalgo lately. still looking for some extra bucks i could squeeze out from the wife. im saving a good fraction of the pag ibig loan para dun sa pinag uusapan natin. if that doesnt work, then im off to hidalgo with the vintage lenses and possibly, my first film slr.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »
Kodak ultra 400 with slight LR adjustments.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »
man, balik ka sa portra400. i did a comparison dun sa mga posts mo sa iba ibang films. maganda yung portra400. may pushed film look.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2017, 01:03:31 AM »
man, balik ka sa portra400. i did a comparison dun sa mga posts mo sa iba ibang films. maganda yung portra400. may pushed film look.

Thanks for noticing.

Portra does look great and those I uploaded I didn't touch em.
Here are some more from that film but I believe la syang comparison to Kodak ultra 400 which is run of the mill or maybe just my limited film experience is to blame.
At isa pa to just found out for real may problema yung 35mm camera ko. Yung shutter nya di sya bumubukas ng maayos kaya pala may mga gray shots ako tsaka nagtataka bat kulang sa 36 shots?

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2017, 08:27:18 AM »
i think portra400 works well with your cam. sa iba kasi iba din ang labas nya e. have you also tried fuji blue?

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2017, 01:48:54 AM »

Not yet, haven't come across it. Ive tried Cinestill 50D recently which is a daylight balance and again this is very tricky and expensive and somehow I feel a bit down.
Film is just too difficult and expensive.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:51:16 AM by pallas »

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2017, 01:58:26 AM »
Cinestill 50D.
Not digging it. Maybe not enough light or the scanner or the cams metering, shooters experience, manual focus lens?
Too many variables with film.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2017, 06:31:10 AM »
Well if its to copy the look of films(like moving pictures 'films'), mababa nga ang brightness nyan. Something you can fix by tweaking the highlights and whites sliders in lightroom.

Imo, maganda sya for that look.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2017, 09:47:34 AM »

Recessky TLR
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2018, 06:49:22 PM »
san ba nakakabili ng film roll? me 35mm camera nanay ko dito pag experimentuhan ko lang. never ako natuto mag film camera kahit kapanahunan ko yan.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.