hulika

Author Topic: Smashing Pumpkins???  (Read 4337 times)

Offline bsandia

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Smashing Pumpkins???
« on: October 23, 2002, 01:54:31 AM »
Have you heard when is the release date of the latest album of Smashing Pumpkins (Earphoria)?
I've heard is coming soon and I can't wait to have my own copy because somebody said that the tracks are from the Vieuphoria VHS.
Hopefuly I'll be playin' it very soon!

Offline blackaquea

• Netizen Level
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 05:47:49 PM »
i've got to say something about the pumpkins....i don't know but lately, i'm really crazy over this band...to think that i tried backmasking their tape of the siamese dream album..i ended up inverting the sides a and b....anyway...i'm really into their old songs now...specially soma and luna, sweet sweet..more of their mellow side, eh?so i guess i won't be able to help you with the latest album...just thought i'd post;)
i am obscure, behind the sea...
breaking the sands to catch your knees...
send me a cure, somebody would a lighthouse beam for me...

Offline year2apocalypse

Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 04:55:40 AM »
i used to be like that. but i got over them... -_-

Offline wurm

• Veteran Member
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 04:43:29 AM »
nadisband n ang smashing pumpkins di b?

ala n nga c billy corgan matagal n!
"St. Anger 'round my neck.He never gets respect.
F*ck it all & f*ckin' no regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets. Medallion Noose,I hang myself. St. Anger 'round my neck.  I feel my world shake like an ea

Offline blackaquea

• Netizen Level
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 08:30:29 PM »
yup...bad trip nga kung kelan ko sila nagugustuhan..saka naman sila nagsilayas...anyway...i still like their early music
i am obscure, behind the sea...
breaking the sands to catch your knees...
send me a cure, somebody would a lighthouse beam for me...

pilya

Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2002, 07:48:32 AM »
my fave smashing pumpkins songs:
mayonaise
stand inside your love
bullet with butterfly wings

Offline wurm

• Veteran Member
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2002, 08:24:52 AM »
may bagong band c billy di b?
"St. Anger 'round my neck.He never gets respect.
F*ck it all & f*ckin' no regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets. Medallion Noose,I hang myself. St. Anger 'round my neck.  I feel my world shake like an ea

Offline year2apocalypse

Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 12:50:47 AM »
yeah. zwan. and my favourite pumpkins' album has to be machina. 2nd is mellon collie & the infinite sadness. quite a few people don't like machina. i dunno why. i really like it. i think it's their most easy-to-get-into album.

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 05:21:34 PM »
oh... *thumbs up* stumbleine is great.

Offline ralphot

Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 05:44:03 PM »
Quote from: year2apocalypse
yeah. zwan. and my favourite pumpkins' album has to be machina. 2nd is mellon collie & the infinite sadness. quite a few people don't like machina. i dunno why. i really like it. i think it's their most easy-to-get-into album.

one of zwan's guitarists, dave pajo, is actually a filipino. too bad they never lasted. billy corgan's bossiness got the best of them.

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 06:52:19 PM »
Quote from: ralphot
one of zwan's guitarists, dave pajo, is actually a filipino. too bad they never lasted. billy corgan's bossiness got the best of them.

oh really? i heard they disbanded because of poor record sales.

Offline free

Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 09:25:50 PM »
i heard the pumpkins are getting back together. hurrah for pumpkins fans!
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline A!r-On214

• Board Moderator
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 04:07:46 AM »
great. ...but personally, only 1/4 of their songs works for me, but that's just me. 8)  :)

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 07:26:56 AM »
I can't stand Billy Corgan's annoying nasal voice.

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 03:07:22 PM »
Quote from: Santo Muerte
I can't stand Billy Corgan's annoying nasal voice.

+1. It's like a Denio dirtbox with the "Tone" knob maxed. Ouch!
soylent green is people.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 01:48:22 AM »
haha Denio distortion... nice one. i think there's a song in Mellon Collie that has Corgan's voice distorted. "Tales Of A Scorched Earth" yata? anyway, Earphoria has already been released, matagal na. too bad they won't be able to reunite because they all have their own projects now (Corgan=solo, Iha=A Perfect Circle, etc.)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline A!r-On214

• Board Moderator
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 05:01:10 AM »
I think Corgan's voice in the song "1979" is the least nasally(is this a word).....that's why it is such a great song from the S.P........also, the song "Perfect".

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 01:57:08 PM »
Quote from: VenusIsle_5150
anyway, Earphoria has already been released, matagal na. too bad they won't be able to reunite because they all have their own projects now (Corgan=solo, Iha=A Perfect Circle, etc.)

iha's in a perfect circle? oh wow, i never knew that... man, i'm so out of it when it comes to the current music scene, haha.

Offline free

Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 04:58:17 PM »
APC recorded 13th step before recruiting James Iha. Billy Howerdel invited Iha to join the band so that APC could tour to promote 13th step. Iha had to learn all of the songs from the said album as well as the songs from APC's debut album, Mer De Noms in two weeks before they start touring. heavy guitar cramming, eh?

though Billy Corgan does have his solo project going atm, he did mention that he wanted to reform the smashing pumpkins...even without James Iha in it. kinda sucky, eh?

there's a heavy version of Disarm in Earphoria that i enjoy listening to more than the original version from Siamese Dreams. Iha's solo towards the end of the song is a testament to why he should be in the band. that is if they do decide to reunite as the Smashing Pumpkins.

i still the best songs by the pumpkins would have to be Drown, Hummer, Cherub Rock and Mayonnaise. you would probably notice that most of the songs that i've mentioned are from the Siamese Dreams album. that album is just flawless!
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline darcy_robert

Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »
d ba ndisband n cla d b?,, but anyway kung mgrerelease ulit cla ,its good, i like theier music tlga,,,kso nkklungkot ndisband cla, kse c darcy(un bassist) ndi na mpigilan sa drugs, tpos un drummer nwalan n ng interest saq grupo gawa ni darcy, tpos sabi daw ni billy kukuha cla ng bagong members kaso sbi naman daw ni james pg kumuha cla ng bgong members parang hindi na smashing pumpkins un,,(oo nga naman) kya umalis n lng din c james, tpos un zwan ang alam ko ndisband n din cla, kse poor sales, although ang alam ko ngawa na ni billy un mga songs hanggang 4th album na sana un, kaso nga ndisband at ska differences din nla un one reason kya cla ndisband...heheheh(mejo -fan lng ako ng sp.)

Offline wickerz

don't you know that...
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »
that the band mayonnaise got their name in the song of smashing pumpkins mayonnaise
metal head rox.

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
Smashing Pumpkins???
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »
Quote from: free
i still the best songs by the pumpkins would have to be Drown, Hummer, Cherub Rock and Mayonnaise. you would probably notice that most of the songs that i've mentioned are from the Siamese Dreams album. that album is just flawless!

i agree. that's my favourite album of theirs as well. machina probably comes second, i dunno why i like that album so much.

Offline fade2black0520

• Veteran Member
pumpkins!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 12:41:53 AM »
1979!!!
cherub rock!!!
i am one!!!
siva!!!

ahhh...those were the days.... damn i miss this band...
Samick 15W practice amp - Marshall MG15R - jazz 3 picks