hulika

Author Topic: LF Nylon Acoustic-Electric guitar  (Read 18671 times)

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
THE BRITISH ARE COMING... TO THE PI!: A PINOY PEDAL SHOWDOWN
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »
i am a huge fan of the 80s marshall tone. jcm800s, jmps, hot rodded jtm45's i love em. but man, im just a college student and well i dont have all the money in the world to buy a half stack though i have tried some all tube amps (both in solo jams and rehearsals) and i think ive become familiar with the "tube tone and feel"

enter two pedals made by our country's own. MarkV's DS1 british mod, and CGI Electronics' BSIAB2. to me both qualify as pinoy made since markv made this mod, and CGI made his own tweaks to the bsiab circuitry so no "the ds1 is made in taiwan" or "the bsiab circuit isnt his" arguments.

lets start by outlining what i did and how i am going to "rate" the pedals:

Gain: the amount of gain the pedal has. the lower the gain, the better the cleanup but that isnt always the case.

Tone quality: self explanatory. this includes clarity and articulation, frequency response, and harmonics. more *'s = more betterness

Feel: how good the pedal feels. fuzz-like ba or tube amp ish response? is it dynamic? or compressed? did it make me play effortlessly or slow me down?

Overall: this is my overall rating for the pedal.

First up is the BSIAB2 or brown sound in a box... two. its a distortion pedal designed from the ground up by Ed Guidtry with a few people providing input. i had a pretty neutral experience with the first bsiab i tried and it has since been tweaked and updated by CGI to the current version.

It has 3 knobs, volume, tone and gain. and two toggle switches. the first is a mid hump switch, this subtly increases the mid hump. sort of like a shelf increase (multiple frequency boost). the other switch boosts upper mids.

the bsiab is an excellent pedal for high gain leads. it has this sticky feel to it that makes the instrument feel a lot closer to me. doing speedy picking lines feels like a joy and the pick attack is audible, but not accentuated; just right for making you SOUND fast but not sloppy. this pedal hides mistakes pretty well (whether its a plus or a minus, its up to you. for me its a plus haha). slowing down, it has this beautiful singing quality to it and yes, the fabled "sustain to feedback" thing that it does that makes me love it so much. playing legato is a breeze because of the range of the gain knob. instead of adding more fizz beyond 2 o clock, the pedal COMPRESSES to make things sound more even you can legato all day with this thing. for slow singing leads, and channelling players from Slash to Paul Gilbert,  this is an excellent choice.

on low gain, i feel that it lacks punch. its a bit "paper" sounding. flat and lifeless. it lacks "balls". but hey, thats not what it was made for! sure it lacks the super ballsy bass punch and throatiness of a slightly driven marshall but it cleans up pretty well for the amount of gain it has and it still sounds smooth and buttery. no transistor fizz at all.

on rhythm, i went from my band's music (which is hardcore) to playing some dirty blues and then back to some van halen stuff. it sounds good but i found note clarity a bit lacking especially when doing open chords. lower the gain and you lose a little bit of balls for clarity. but hey, its high gain. with proper eq'ing this thing can do metal as well. bass response was a little flabby though. not quite the tightness im looking for but a little adjustment in technique is enough. its good for classic rock but as i said, it lacks balls in the low gain department.

one major caveat i have with the pedal is noise. if you have a p.o.s. wallwart this thing is gonna hum like the last note in the song "i believe i can fly". the circuit is pretty straightforward and it seems to go about the principle, "garbage in garbage out" when it comes to power. when using a regulated powersupply though, the hum goes away. it has a little bit of hiss on higher tone knob settings and gain settings but its just an afterthought. shut it off if you dont like hiss. its true bypass anyway.

if the bsiab were a singer, he would be a smooth singing tenor. not quite the rasp you would want in a gritty blues band or something but has a fluid beautiful singing quality to it that makes it priceless for the solo guitarist.

Next up is the MarkV ds1 mod. this is another marshall voiced box. i wouldnt really call it a "distortion" (i was weaned on the thought that super crunch grrrrr arggh metal and hardcore sounds were distortion.). i would like to call the ds1 a really ballsy overdrive pedal (balls.. who doesnt like balls). if the bsiab was a tenor, this would be a street spittin, impolite dude whos a bit short in stature growling wherever he goes.

again this pedal has three knobs but in a different order. when i got the pedal i accidentally put the level up high thinking it was the tone knob. lets just say i had a rude awakening and had to rest my ears for 5 mins so i could get in reviewing condition again. tone - level - gain.

this one takes off where the bsiab lacked in: low gain balls. (sorry for the lack of imaginative adjectives for describing a subjective tone quality). it has a raspy throaty "angas" feel to it on low to mid gain rhythm. classic rock crunch? this is perfect for it. open chords are really open and uncluttered. and the lows. this has a bottom end bigger than Jennifer lopez. even on low gain you could literally FEEL the lows (not jennifer's). this thing was made for ac/dc and other forms of classic rock. i put my guitar on the neck single coil and bam awesome srv gritty tones.

now i dont have a tubescreamer but i think this would be a lot better for lead if i had a pedal boosting it. it lacks gain for all the hi gain g3 ish fusion whatchamacallits. so hi gain shredders (except the really good ones) can forget this pedal. this is also an HONEST PEDAL. i was in the same playing condition with the bsiab (feeling all paul gilbert-ey) but when i switched to this i sounded like a wannabe shredder. it might be the lack of gain or the better articulation, but i wont certainly risk the illusion of playing clean and fast for this. nobody wants to sound sucky right? dont get me wrong, this has awesome tone. but i really feel like slowing down because its embarrassing to play shred on the ds1. i was doing a 12-13-15 lick on the high e string and it lacks the fluidity of the bsiab. haha. im iron man and hi gain is my powersuit. without it im just an a**hole in a business suit.

one of its key selling points is its cleanup ability. this thing cleans up AWESOME. and the added bass and articulation keeps it from sounding muddy or thin. it sounds like a clean amp if you werent looking at the floor.

strat players will love this pedal. since its already been made by boss, rest assured that this isnt as wallwart sensitive as the bsiab. and its quiter too. it isnt as finicky with psu's as the bsiab.

in conclusion, even though these two pedals were voiced to marshalls, they both have different applications. the bsiab is awesome for hi gain singing leads and ok on hi gain rhythm but on low gain, it isnt as throaty as the ds1, which was made for low to mid gain.

one other aspect is about boosting. the bsiab doesnt like being boosted. it compresses at higher gain levels and nothing significant happens when you do. it has more than enough gain already as is. the ds1 is very OPEN to boosting. unfortunately i dont have an overdrive pedal to boost it with.

and now the ratings:

BSIAB2
Acquisition Price: around PHP3000

Gain: ****
Tone quality: ****
Feel: *****
Overall: ****.5

Pros: excellent feel and high gain tone. singing quality. sustains to feedback.

Cons: noisy with wallwarts, flat low gain tone

MARKV DS1
Acquisition price: around PHP3000

Gain: ***
Tone quality: ****
Feel: ***.5
Overall: ****

Pros: great low-mid gain growl, not picky with psu's, articulate and good cleanup
cons: bad feel for shred and lack of gain for shred or metal.

(a ***** would be a real jcm i tried a while back. i am not cussing. thats 5 stars.)

Equipment used:
Max rufo custom warrior with GFS crunchy rails and lil killers
Peavey Bandit 112
Marshall valvestate half stack

Tone references:
Marshall jcm800
Peavey 5150
Egnater Tourmaster half stack

Reviewed by Paengkee.

Offline bodick

• Philmusicus Noobitus
FS Dirtcraft pedalboard
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
i'm selling my turi board because as much as turi hates it, im going minimalist.

board dimensions
24''x17''x5 and the usable space for the pedals is around 22x16

sorry sa pics, i'll get a better one pag nakuha ko na camera ko.

also for sale is the morley little alligator 3.5k  :-D
thanks and god bless

Offline shkc

• Forum Fanatic
What's the difference between chambered and solid body?
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »
mga sir....

ask ko lang,,,, ano difference ng chambered vs. solid body guitars?

may effect sa tone, sustain, timbre?

Offline saydlst

• Philmusicus Noobitus
FOR SALE BOSS DIGITAL DELAY DD6 SLIGHTLY USED 6K NEG
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 09:39:45 AM »
WITH BOX AND MANUAL
XCELLENT CONDITION

CONTACT 0929 6853676

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
constant jitter in recorded guitar track in SonarLE
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 01:15:38 PM »
hi experts,

help lng po...

playback of a recorded a guitar audio track in a SonarLE in WDM, has a constant chirping or jitter...very annoying...
i was wondering where did it came from..
but all the matter is, how can i get rid of it?

tnx for any of your advise, in advance
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Offline ukeleleboy

• Veteran Member
wood drying
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »
mga bosing magtatanong lang, gaano ba katagal dapat patuyuin ang wood bago gawing musical instrument? i know kiln is the best way in wood drying, is there other way to dry a wood? how & how long? may process din ba kung paano? sana naman po masagot ang tanong ko, thank you very much and have a nice day... :mrgreen:
Ang batang masipag kapag lumaki pagod...

Offline catacomb

• Forum Fanatic
LF; BASSIST AND DRUMER for metal type sound..BULACAN area..
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 01:53:43 PM »
im a rythm guitarist can sing but many limits..im looking for a bassist that can sing or backup vocals,and a drummer..sana may mga compo each. para sa seryoso na gusto makabuo ng metal band,baka ikaw na yun..sana with own gear din para di na hustle kapag magpapractise.salamat..

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
For SALE (NEED CASH): Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 512MB DDR400 40gig IDE harddrive

NEW ASUS motherboard is SATA compatible

all IN!

Asus P4V800-x motherboard, SATA compatible. (sata is new hardisk type)

see details: http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=51&l4=0&model=210&modelmenu=1

40GB IDE hardisk space
512MB DDR400 memory
DVD and CDRom. CDR needs to be reconfigured to use.
with ACER monitor (hindi flat, ung usual lang)
diskette drive
keyboard
USB optical wheel mouse
desktop speakers
housing is cream white.

9K na lang,. RUSH!!!
PM me or email or YM... yubsesperat@yahoo.com

PC located near GMA7 MRT 5 mins walk. to test and pickup! :)
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline ukeleleboy

• Veteran Member
wood drying... gaano katagal...
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »
mga bosing magtatanong lang, gaano ba katagal dapat patuyuin ang wood bago gawing musical instrument? i know kiln is the best way in wood drying, is there other way to dry a wood? how & how long? may process din ba kung paano? sana naman po masagot ang tanong ko, thank you very much and have a nice day... :mrgreen:
Ang batang masipag kapag lumaki pagod...

Offline alwaysdready

REGGAE SKA WORLD BANDS DIRECTORY
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
mga kapatid palakasin natin eksena ng reggae sa manila
post tayo ng band info natin dito

umpisahan ko na:

Band name: OneLuv Stylee
Genre: Dancehall Hip-hop Dub Reggae
Based in: Parañaque
Members:
Ryann - Vox
Cristyles - Vox
Paolo - Guitars
Paul - Bass
Jigz - Drums
Pong - Percs
Contact Number: 0927 490 83 82
Email: oneluvstylee@yahoo.com

sites/demo online:
http://www.friendster.com/oneluvstylee
http://www.myspace.com/oneluvstylee
http://www.imeem.com/oneluvstylee
 :wink:
ALWAYSDREADY PRODUCTION:
REGGAE, SKA, DANCEHALL, DUB, ROOTS, and other genre
09274908382 - jigz Parañaque-based production

Offline dualcoil

swap po tau ng simple disco light
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »
 :-)mga sir, kung sino gus2 makipag swap.. swap ko po

derby triple disco light plus Strobe light

swap po sa

banana type disco light,

yung derby light ko minodify ko po into 12volts for any 12watts halogen bulbs..
so ang current bulb nya po is halogen 12volts 50 watts flower bulb.. pero pwede nyo palitan.. reason ko po. is pwde sya pang magdamagan.. kaya lang pang room lang kasi mahina ang 50watts.. pwde nyo palitan ng mas mataas na watts like 150watts above basta 12volts..

pwde nyo rin syan ibalik sa pag ka direct to 220.. for 220v halogen bulbs kaya lang mabilis kayo mapupundihan.. good condition po..
and my strobe light,,

kung sino lang gus2 makipag swap ng lights.. just pm me or txt call at 09196173910 or 8372497 look for me romeo,..  :-)

kung mag aadd naman ako.. try ko po kung may budget.. for now yung gus2 lang makipag swap ng direct unit only.. tnx and good day..
Reyzuna!!!

Offline crack123

• Philmusicus Noobitus
new strings coming next week na uli... post ko lng pansamantala.
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »
dati kz naubos agad ung mga strings. and ang dami pa din nagttxt sakin, so me and my mom talk about it again. kaso ung mga guitars etc. d na mauulit. kasi aalis na din ako ng country. d p naman agad. ehehe.

im going to sell 30packs of guitar string again.

BC RICH electric guitar strings nickel wound (MIJ)
regular gauge 10-46 (3 sets)

im selling it for 400 a pack. mejo nagtaas na ko. pero if u buy 2 packs i will make it for 750php only.

30packs lng toh mga sir. kung gs2 nyo magpareserve kindly post nyo nalng d2 sa thread. ayt...?

NOTE: next week ko po ito start. thats for sure.  :-)

our meeting place is commonwealt ever, sm fairview.

pagmalalayo LBC nalng tau then add nalng kau sa charge ng pagpapadeliver. almost the same kng mamamasahe kau...  :-D and trust lng sana. ehehe. words lang and then ull get ur item. kilala naman na ko ng iba d2.  :wink:

YM id: pongzki_05@yahoo.com
cp # 09164200275 - pong.  :wink:

TNX...

ito ung pix dati ng strings

Offline hizuka

• Philmusicus Noobitus
looking for..bass and amp...
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »
budget ko po 2-3k...q.c area po ako...asap po..thanks...tx nyo nlng po ako..kht generic n bass lng basta ok n ok p....thanks po

Offline dualcoil

to admin...
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »
 :-)good day po sir.. bakit po gani2 yung web,.. bakit po everytime i post. i got some errors. madalas po pag mag rereply ako or mag post ng new topic.. dko po 2loy alam kung na post nga ng maayus  yung post ko.. at minsan dumodoble na po yung post ko kasi akala ko hindi  error yung unang post ko..

i hope you can fix this.. becouse your site is too cool.. at talagang malaki ang pakinabang, comment ko lang po yun.. para hindi nako mag ka problema at sa iba everytime na mag post or reply.. tnx and good day.. tnx philmusic..
Reyzuna!!!

Offline crack123

• Philmusicus Noobitus
new strings coming next week na uli... post ko lng pansamantala.
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
dati kz naubos agad ung mga strings. and ang dami pa din nagttxt sakin, so me and my mom talk about it again. kaso ung mga guitars etc. d na mauulit. kasi aalis na din ako ng country. d p naman agad. ehehe.

im selling it for 400 a pack. mejo nagtaas na ko. pero if u buy 2 packs i will make it for 750php only.

30packs lng toh mga sir. kung gs2 nyo magpareserve kindly post nyo nalng d2 sa thread. ayt...?

pagmalalayo LBC nalng tau then add nalng kau sa charge ng pagpapadeliver. almost the same kng mamamasahe kau...  :-D and trust lng sana. ehehe. words lang and then ull get ur item. kilala naman na ko ng iba d2.  :wink:

TNX...

Offline EUREKA

• Netizen Level
FS MINT MARSHALL JCM 900 WATTS WITH PICS INSIDE!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »
Selling this for a friend! the item's location is at dasma cavite,
asking price is at 25,000Php FIXED
if you any inquiry please call or text to my friend's number directly
09277833966 look for melvin robles
here are the actual photos

:-D
eureka band rehearsal studio
# 8 rizal st. brgy 6, calamba city laguna
http://eurekastudio.blogspot.com (049)502-0266/09175450204

Offline kyxz

FS: Tascam PocketStudio 5 18K neg
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
For sale : Tascam Poscketstudio 5 only 18K neg  :roll: with 132MB card
The Pocketstudio® 5 is the new compact multitrack digital recorder from the world leader in digital audio technology...TASCAM! It's a portable four-track digital recorder that uses innovative Compact Flash cards for media. In addition to its four audio tracks for your vocals, guitars and other instruments, the Pocketstudio 5 features an internal MIDI tone module, so it can be used to play back sequences along with its audio tracks.

Plus, you get 100 standard MIDI files included, so you can plug it in and immediately start jamming over multiple genres of backing music! For completely polished productions, the Pocketstudio 5 adds over 100 built-in great-sounding effects for instruments and vocals. As if that weren't cool enough, you can make a final stereo mix in MP3 format, and send it to your computer with the Pocketstudio 5's USB port for placement on web sites and emailing to friends!
You can also download MIDI files of popular songs, play and record your singing add guitar solos, record your own backup vocals. :mrgreen:
so many gears....so little time
"im jumpin jack flash..its a gas, gas, gas"
          by The Rolling Stones

Offline RIXSTAINES

• Netizen Level
F/T ONE SPOT ADAPTOR TO GUITAR ITEMS
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
trade to unwanted pedal,  etc just offer
ONE SPOT ADAPTOR negative center
220v 800A, 9vDC regulated long wires not DIY
Can power-up 8 or more pedals

Offline kyxz

FS : Tascam CD-GT1 CD Player for Guitar 8K
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »
Tascam CD-GT1 CD Player for Guitar 8K  :roll:
The Tascam's CD-GT1 is a guitar practice tool. It allows you to slowdown any audio cd or cdr as well as change the pitch so you can more easily hear what the guitarist (or drummer) is actually doing. Steve Vai for instance plays so fast you can't even tell what he's playing. This variable speed cd player allows to hear what steve's playing.

It features a 1/4" guitar input as well as a lot of programmable guitar effects so you can blend your guitar in with the rest of the band. It's also great for other band members to learn there parts.
Rush Contact 09287800079 :mrgreen:
so many gears....so little time
"im jumpin jack flash..its a gas, gas, gas"
          by The Rolling Stones

Offline ryan_embryo

• Netizen Level
FS: LAZER BRAND na guitar and VANTAGE amp 10watts
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 04:56:49 PM »
binebenta ko na tong lazer brand na guitar and 10watts vantage amp as a package for 6,000 pesos negotiable pa po yan.hindi ko po alam specs ng guitar kasi wala pa akong alam sa gitara nung binili ko yan pero.dimarzio paf yung bridge pickup tapos stock yung neck.yung bridge pickup nakatali lang ng strings sa loob kasi walang springs and suitable na screws pero ayos pa rin sya tumunog.may mga gasgas and kalawang rin dahil sa katagalan.

yung amp naman medyo basag na yung tunog nya pag halos full yung volume pero pang practice amp lang naman sya kaya hindi kelangan itodo volume.may scratching sound pag tinitweak yung volume knob pero ok pa sya para pag praktisan.

check nyo nalang vid clips sa:http://youtube.com/watch?v=JOk9zYoNmLU or http://youtube.com/watch?v=i5pH8lbA6mcl
chech nyo rin sound clips: http://www.myspace.com/embryoph

meetups at trinoma and sm north,pwede rin for pickup sa bahay namin para matest nyo rin.

contact met @ 09267418206

note:ginawa ko lang po yung ESP na tatak na yan.hehe!

salamat!

Offline crack123

• Philmusicus Noobitus
dati kz naubos agad ung mga strings. and ang dami pa din nagttxt sakin, so me and my mom talk about it again. kaso ung mga guitars etc. japan orders d na mauulit and ung sa guitarcenter.com, kasi aalis na din ako ng country. d p naman agad. ehehe.

TNX...

Offline ryan_embryo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 05:00:29 PM »
binebenta ko na tong lazer brand na guitar and 10watts vantage amp as a package for 6,000 pesos negotiable pa po yan.hindi ko po alam specs ng guitar kasi wala pa akong alam sa gitara nung binili ko yan pero.dimarzio paf yung bridge pickup tapos stock yung neck.yung bridge pickup nakatali lang ng strings sa loob kasi walang springs and suitable na screws pero ayos pa rin sya tumunog.may mga gasgas and kalawang rin dahil sa katagalan.

yung amp naman medyo basag na yung tunog nya pag halos full yung volume pero pang practice amp lang naman sya kaya hindi kelangan itodo volume.may scratching sound pag tinitweak yung volume knob pero ok pa sya para pag praktisan.

check nyo nalang vid clips sa:http://youtube.com/watch?v=JOk9zYoNmLU or http://youtube.com/watch?v=i5pH8lbA6mcl

meetups at trinoma and sm north,pwede rin for pickup sa bahay namin para matest nyo rin.

salamat!

Offline juntwang

FS: Tele pickup (bridge)/ Black Gotoh tuners (6 in line)
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 05:01:08 PM »
Tele bridge pick-up from Fender (MIM)
less than 2 months lang nagamit before being replaced
selling for 1K

Black GOTOH tuners (used/no mounting screws)
yung button is brushed chrome (from RG321)   
selling for P600

PM na lang if interested, thanks!
QC area.

Offline ryan_embryo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 05:09:50 PM »

salamat!

Offline crack123

• Philmusicus Noobitus

dati kz naubos agad ung mga strings. and ang dami pa din nagttxt sakin, so me and my mom talk about it again. kaso ung mga guitars etc. japan orders d na mauulit and ung sa guitarcenter.com, kasi aalis na din ako ng country. d p naman agad. ehehe.

TNX...