hulika

Author Topic: IR photography using IR filter and custom white balance  (Read 3602 times)

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
IR photography using IR filter and custom white balance
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:51:32 AM »
Mga sir paano ba?  :-D

Nag try kasi ako mag IR with my D90 + 18-105 with IR filter

Sa pagkakaintindi ko 1st is to take a picture of a green grass at noon ( strong light) to set as your custom white balance (PRE), then after setting this, you can now take pictures with long exposure. Then post process  - interchange the red and blue channels...

Unfortunately sa pag take palang ng picture ng grass sa 1st step ay di ko na makuha, ayaw mag register ng picture as white balance.

Any tips/ tricks? Thanks

Offline lordofPRS

Re: IR photography using IR filter and custom white balance
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:52:35 AM »
firsly, set your WB to auto. find a patch of grasses or foliage then focus your lens on the grasses. then put your IR filter on. your camera must be set to MANUAL. then take a shot of the grasses (shutter speed depends on the lighting condition, the best time is from 10am-3pm when there are plenty of infrared rays. in my case (canon 550D) i set my ISO to 100 and expose the sensor for approximately 60-80 seconds (the lighting condition is during noontime). after shooting, see what you got. your photo should look red and white. this will be the time you need to set your WB to custom WB choosing the grasses photo. once you've set to custom balance, you're now ready to take IRs using Custom WB.

your photo must look like this on the camera LCD after setting your WB to custom. as you can see, it is no more red and white. the foliage is  bluish white and the sky is a bit orange/brownish.

Same photo after tweaking it using the Channel mixer.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:17:01 PM by lordofPRS »
“it’s not about what material or tool you use, it’s what you do with it.”

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:49:24 PM »
firsly, set your WB to auto. find a patch of grasses or foliage then focus your lens on the grasses. then put your IR filter on. your camera must be set to MANUAL. then take a shot of the grasses (shutter speed depends on the lighting condition, the best time is from 10am-3pm when there are plenty of infrared rays. in my case (canon 550D) i set my ISO to 100 and expose the sensor for approximately 60-80 seconds (the lighting condition is during noontime). after shooting, see what you got. your photo should look red and white. this will be the time you need to set your WB to custom WB choosing the grasses photo. once you've set to custom balance, you're now ready to take IRs using Custom WB.

your photo must look like this on the camera LCD after setting your WB to custom. as you can see, it is no more red and white. the foliage is orange/brownish and the sky is a bit bluish.

Same photo after tweaking it using the Channel mixer.

thanks much! will try again this weekend...sana walang bagyo!

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »
ahh i see...
yung photo ko using IR..sa camera LCD... pure red and konteng white.. so dun pa lang pala..mali na..ka inis na inis ako sa photoshop!

kailangan ko ata ng remote para hindi 60-80sec ako naka hawak sa shutter button..pwede mag cause ng shake eh
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline never_1007

• Philmusicus Addictus
Infrared Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
My Share:

My First IR Test:

2nd try

:-D
i asked her before if she likes me and she answered "yes,as a friend."

Offline never_1007

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Infrared Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »
Few days later:

:-D

Offline Tugpaktugpak

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 12:54:28 PM »
anung filter po gamit nyo sir??thanks
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. - 2 Cor 12:9

Offline never_1007

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »
anung filter po gamit nyo sir??thanks

yung first page lvshi ata un na 52mm.. sa 2nd haida wala kasi akong panghoya.. :D

share ulit:

sweet... almost there for my dekada noventa  :-D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:32:27 AM by never_1007 »

Offline jobo

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 05:03:05 PM »
mga sir patulong naman hindi ko paren makuha.....san po ba ang mali dito yung pag kuha ng leaves,yung pag oras ng pag kuha ng picture? yung pag pp o lahat? :-D salamat sa mga magrereply mga boss.

eto yung gagamitin kong cwb sana 113sec ko kinuha kasi medyo mahina araw

eto yung kuha na ginamit ko na yung cwb na sa taas 111sec pero red parin yung image hindi nagiba :-(

tri-ny ko gawin yung interchange red and blue pero bat ganun masyado paren syang blue? hindi ko rin po pala na convert ng tiff16 kasi d ko pa alam kung pano. :-D

Offline jobo

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »
Yohoooo :-D

Offline jobo

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 12:36:08 AM »
Sana may sumagot. :-D