hulika

Author Topic: ORANGE AMPS Users  (Read 39548 times)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ORANGE AMPS Users
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2017, 08:34:52 AM »
tapos inabot ka na ng gnyan. wow. ako din ata i trade ko ung amp ko. kaso hindi aabot sa gnyan. hehehehe. ung amp ko is laney lx65. pero gusto ko mag try ng orange. maganda daw talaga kasi.
Depende yan sa pang trade mo bro :)

Sent from my Lenovo S90-A using Tapatalk

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2017, 09:51:25 AM »
Depende yan sa pang trade mo bro :)

or ung guitar ko nlng kaya na matt heafy na guitar ko sa gnyang set up. hehehehe. kakayanin kaya?
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2017, 10:45:52 AM »
or ung guitar ko nlng kaya na matt heafy na guitar ko sa gnyang set up. hehehehe. kakayanin kaya?
Depende sa ka-trade mo bro :)

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2017, 10:51:11 AM »
Depende sa ka-trade mo bro :)

cge hanap ako. hehehe
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »
has anyone tried running your MT through headphones out to a mixer or interface for recording?

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2017, 03:58:02 PM »
has anyone tried running your MT through headphones out to a mixer or interface for recording?

The Micro Terror headphone out sounds like s***. The Micro Dark however is 100% yummy! And yes, I have plugged them both into a mixer out to front of house.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »
The Micro Terror headphone out sounds like s***. The Micro Dark however is 100% yummy! And yes, I have plugged them both into a mixer out to front of house.

Seems like I should have bought the MD over the MT...but I don't use the overdrive section much on my MT and my settings are Volume 12 o'clock, Tone 12 o'clock and Gain between 9-10 o'clock
How clean can the MD be?

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2017, 08:10:43 AM »
Seems like I should have bought the MD over the MT...but I don't use the overdrive section much on my MT and my settings are Volume 12 o'clock, Tone 12 o'clock and Gain between 9-10 o'clock
How clean can the MD be?

The cleans are great but you wont get much headroom. I played it through a Blackstar HT112 cab at an open air gig miced into front-of-house and it sounded awesome. Of course if you're gonna play outdoors you'll need to be miced up so you don't need headroom really. If you're gonna play small bar gigs you can just bring the head and plug the headphone out into front-of-house. No need for a cab. You can't do that with a Micro Terror. Well, you can but it's not gonna sound great. The MT needs to be dimed into a good 1x12.

FWIW I prefer the sound and feel of the MT vs the MD. The MT is more dynamic IMHO.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »
The cleans are great but you wont get much headroom. I played it through a Blackstar HT112 cab at an open air gig miced into front-of-house and it sounded awesome. Of course if you're gonna play outdoors you'll need to be miced up so you don't need headroom really. If you're gonna play small bar gigs you can just bring the head and plug the headphone out into front-of-house. No need for a cab. You can't do that with a Micro Terror. Well, you can but it's not gonna sound great. The MT needs to be dimed into a good 1x12.

FWIW I prefer the sound and feel of the MT vs the MD. The MT is more dynamic IMHO.

Thanks for the inputs sir. I don't play at any venue at the moment except my room/studio in a shared apartment so I haven't considered getting a cab yet. The MT is my first "tube-ish" amp as well and I like the idea of building my own speaker cab.
I guess I should record a lot with my band and on my own to see if I'll be satisfied.  :idea:
Getting a fender/clone amp is still in my long term goals though

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »
Thanks for the inputs sir. I don't play at any venue at the moment except my room/studio in a shared apartment so I haven't considered getting a cab yet. The MT is my first "tube-ish" amp as well and I like the idea of building my own speaker cab.
I guess I should record a lot with my band and on my own to see if I'll be satisfied.  :idea:
Getting a fender/clone amp is still in my long term goals though

The Micro Terror is a great amp. I'll choose it over the Micro Dark anytime.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2017, 02:28:16 AM »
Namiss ko tuloy yung cr35rt ko habang nagbabasa dito.  :-(
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2017, 06:34:25 AM »
The Orange Micro Dark paired up with a Friedman BE-OD pedal is high gain heaven!

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2017, 03:46:57 PM »
The Orange Micro Dark paired up with a Friedman BE-OD pedal is high gain heaven!

Try to plug the BE-OD into the effects return of the Micro Dark to bypass the Pre-amp and EQ sections. I used to do this with my drive pedals and I especially love it with my ReezaFRATzitz and Megalith. Limited kasi EQ ng Micro Dark as you may know. And funny thing kasi the EQ setting that I am looking for eh wala sa buong sweep ng EQ ng Micro Dark. Sad lang.

Sa front end naman any EQ would do kasi character parin ng preamp section ng Microdark ang maririning mo. I used to use a Cmatmods Butah and a Berzerker OD. Same sound walang nai-contribute sa character ang OD pedal nag add lang ng gain at compression haha.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:53:05 PM by Skybox »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2017, 08:31:43 PM »
is the micro dark terror available sa pinas?

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »
is the micro dark terror available sa pinas?

Last time ai asked jB music they told me may dumadating pero small quantity and ubos agad.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2017, 05:35:49 AM »
Try to plug the BE-OD into the effects return of the Micro Dark to bypass the Pre-amp and EQ sections. I used to do this with my drive pedals and I especially love it with my ReezaFRATzitz and Megalith. Limited kasi EQ ng Micro Dark as you may know. And funny thing kasi the EQ setting that I am looking for eh wala sa buong sweep ng EQ ng Micro Dark. Sad lang.

Sa front end naman any EQ would do kasi character parin ng preamp section ng Microdark ang maririning mo. I used to use a Cmatmods Butah and a Berzerker OD. Same sound walang nai-contribute sa character ang OD pedal nag add lang ng gain at compression haha.

Nasubukan ko siya with both options (Effects Loop vs. Front End Input).  I seemed to prefer the Front End for this particular set-up.  I was going for a boomy sound on the lower strings (something along the doom metal tone spectrum, like Windhand's guitar sound) coming from a '62 SG tuned to C. 

Having a compressed pick attack click was not something I needed for the tone, so away it went--maybe if it was shred guitar on a superstrat, I'd then consider changing it over to the effects loop routing.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2017, 09:25:12 PM »
Got them both!
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2017, 12:06:42 PM »
Got them both!

Nice! Yan ba yun naka-v30? Open back?

I use my dark terror through a jim root cab naman. Very tight even though its loaded with votw. Great for metal!
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
Nice! Yan ba yun naka-v30? Open back?

I use my dark terror through a jim root cab naman. Very tight even though its loaded with votw. Great for metal!
thanks! Yes sir 2 v30s open back
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »
Got them both!

Nice setup. I'm sure that 212 sounds massive. :grin:
These aren't the droids you're looking for...