hulika

Author Topic: To Vintage or NOT to Vintage Guitar (My Opinion)  (Read 6408 times)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: To Vintage or NOT to Vintage Guitar (My Opinion)
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 01:07:52 AM »
i'm not the type who loves to post pics online.  only the closest personal friends of mine have seen it or pictures of it.

good sounding vintage guitar experience is like sex.  you have to experience it. not just once. but many times.

with no ego intended, would you believe someone who says he's good in bed pero  virgin pala siya and puro forum, youtube, magazines lang basehan niya?

di ba? yun lang yun.
I understand your view. I do not take your right to enjoy your vintage guitars but Sex is a very bad analogy....all feelings, emotions, throwing caution to the wind.
Emotions and feelings are not bound by emperical measurements they are mainly their to justify our choices at that moment and sadly humans are bound by it wether they like it or not.

It comes very natural to appreciate a sexy girl in a skimpy little black dress or shall we say a V59. Again tapping on naturally occuring human interaction and emotions.

Guitars on the other hand are made of wood, steel, hot hide glue, bone nut, 4 degree angle ratios, paf pick ups, low outpot windings, long neck tenon, bumble bee caps on and on.
All matter you can touch and feel.

All bound by physics ALL measurable.......and recordable with all its nuances.

But then again they will always push that marketing......Vintage this and that.

Feelings and Emotions whole lotta up in the air.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 06:25:32 PM »
I remember the Aerosmith concert sa MOA Arena. Ganda nung tunog ng Les Paul ni Brad Whitford. I dont know if that was his legit 59 or a reissue or a normal LP...pero grabe tunog.

Reissue iyon but anyways madali lang iyon kunin for me because I also have the 3 monkeys Ze amp.

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 06:27:31 PM »
I remember the Aerosmith concert sa MOA Arena. Ganda nung tunog ng Les Paul ni Brad Whitford. I dont know if that was his legit 59 or a reissue or a normal LP...pero grabe tunog.

lets say modern yun. meron naman talagang modern na maganda tumunog. samahan mo pa ng magaling na daliri para mapiga ng husto yung potential nung gitara. naka saksak pa sa magandang amp.  yun na.

nasa response na kasi yun. pag modern guitar naman, kayang makuha yung response ng mga magagandang luma. even si Gregor Hilden, sabi niya nakahanap sya ng Re Issue na parehas ang response dun sa 1959 LP niya

for me,

ang pinag kaiba ng magandang luma at magandang modern ay (just a few to mention)

1. Malaki tumunog

2. malakas ang tapon.

3. since dense ang lumang wood, rich ang over tones. and kakaiba ang sustain. kaya mayat maya magugulat ka sa nailalabas na tunog. eto yung sinasabi ni Alex na ang magandang gitara, maya maya susurpesahin ka. para kang naka v8 na 4x4. feel mo maraming maibubuga pa yung kahoy

4. woody and organic tone

5. sobrang ganda ang "50s style clean tone" clean tone.  clear, sharp, big. hindi manipis. hindi ngo ngo. parang bakal na kumakanta. hindi mo maririnig yung kwerdas. kasi natratranslate agad into musical sound.

6. buong buo ang tunog. may dating. may suntok. may diin. may sipa.

rekta to ha mga bro. walang inbetween
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:30:30 PM by analog.matt »

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
Nostalgia.

Nostalgia encompasses everything. Ads, consumer choices, life choices...everything.

Its almost a disease.

Fender said it best that they are making the best guitars right now. You can say they are pushing that to drive purchases but you cant argue the fact they are more consistent than back in the day. You can see Nostalgia at work with Fender pushing those vintage inspired, reliced, originals series etc.

Same for Gibson.

Gotta clear that heady brew called Nostalgia but I cant help it. The big 2 got me by the balls or shall we say Nostalgia.

well said.
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass