hulika

Author Topic: hobby band just for fellowship  (Read 4646 times)

Offline pansit_habhab

Re: hobby band just for fellowship
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
Hi, I’m 30 years old, I play the guitars, and like most of you here, is an extremely busy professional and is a business owner during the weekdays (and even weekends) but I’m very much thrilled with the idea of putting up a hobby band, or joining a muskero club.

I back read and figured that there’s a better way to go about organizing this “project band"

First of all, let’s not call this thing a “project band” Keep in mind na hindi pwedeng tumugtog sabay sabay ang 9 gitarista, 6 drummer, 5 vocalist sa iisang studio.

What we need to organize is a “music/band hobbyist group/club” where we can form “hobby bands"

To make this work seamlessly, and efficiently and fun, and obviously may potential to progress, what i suggest is:

1. Organize a general meet up first, set a DATE, preferably a weekend kasi lahat tayo busy ng weekdays (require each one to bring at least an acoustic guitar - for guitarists and bassists, and kajon for drummers)

2. Set a VENUE: DI KAILANGAN NG STUDIO, kahit CLUB HOUSE lang kasi initial meet up lang, and acoustic instruments lang ang gagamitin.

3. Have someone MODERATE the session.

4. From the meet up (after pleasantries and tons of beers), i-categorize young mga attendees via the instrument each one plays. Sama sama young mga guitarist, tapos bassists etc. (kwentuhan na rin ng influences, musical genre preferences)

5. Then let the moderator cluster each musician via the musical genre preference (or other criteria na mapagkakasunduan)
e.g. if clustering via muscial genre: a. sino gusto tumugtog ng BLUES/JAZZ , sino gusto ng ALTERNATIVE.

6. After the clustering session, may mga mini-bands na mabuo, after that, jamming na sa kanya kanyang sulok ng clubhouse.

7. After an hour of so of jamming, balk ulit sa plenary yung grupo, kwentuhan ulit, pag yung nabuong banda e walang chemistry, may option to "TRADE" band members.

8. Before matapos ang meet up session na ito, mag schedule na ang mga nabuong banda ng jamming sa kanya kanyang studio etc.

TAPOS, set a MONTHLY meet up.

You can also make the following social networking accounts para pwedeng magshare ng mga materials:

a. Youtube - for videos
b. Soundclick - for demo songs na nagawa
c. Instagram - share ng mga jamming pictures or gig pictures
d. Facebook  - kumustahan and networking

I’m willing to help organize this. Who’s taking the lead now? If wala, let me know cos I’m more than willing to help.

If there are enough interests for this, ill start a new thread for this hobbyist “club” and organize it there..

Let me know what you think TS and forumers..

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:24:34 PM by pansit_habhab »
1993 Fender American Standard Strat,  Fender American Deluxe Tele, Fender Stage 100

Offline reix

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
Pwede pa bang sumali? 33 years old guitarist  here

Offline starkiller

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2014, 12:42:07 AM »
Hi, I’m 30 years old, I play the guitars, and like most of you here, is an extremely busy professional and is a business owner during the weekdays (and even weekends) but I’m very much thrilled with the idea of putting up a hobby band, or joining a muskero club.

I back read and figured that there’s a better way to go about organizing this “project band"

First of all, let’s not call this thing a “project band” Keep in mind na hindi pwedeng tumugtog sabay sabay ang 9 gitarista, 6 drummer, 5 vocalist sa iisang studio.

What we need to organize is a “music/band hobbyist group/club” where we can form “hobby bands"

To make this work seamlessly, and efficiently and fun, and obviously may potential to progress, what i suggest is:

1. Organize a general meet up first, set a DATE, preferably a weekend kasi lahat tayo busy ng weekdays (require each one to bring at least an acoustic guitar - for guitarists and bassists, and kajon for drummers)

2. Set a VENUE: DI KAILANGAN NG STUDIO, kahit CLUB HOUSE lang kasi initial meet up lang, and acoustic instruments lang ang gagamitin.

3. Have someone MODERATE the session.

4. From the meet up (after pleasantries and tons of beers), i-categorize young mga attendees via the instrument each one plays. Sama sama young mga guitarist, tapos bassists etc. (kwentuhan na rin ng influences, musical genre preferences)

5. Then let the moderator cluster each musician via the musical genre preference (or other criteria na mapagkakasunduan)
e.g. if clustering via muscial genre: a. sino gusto tumugtog ng BLUES/JAZZ , sino gusto ng ALTERNATIVE.

6. After the clustering session, may mga mini-bands na mabuo, after that, jamming na sa kanya kanyang sulok ng clubhouse.

7. After an hour of so of jamming, balk ulit sa plenary yung grupo, kwentuhan ulit, pag yung nabuong banda e walang chemistry, may option to "TRADE" band members.

8. Before matapos ang meet up session na ito, mag schedule na ang mga nabuong banda ng jamming sa kanya kanyang studio etc.

TAPOS, set a MONTHLY meet up.

You can also make the following social networking accounts para pwedeng magshare ng mga materials:

a. Youtube - for videos
b. Soundclick - for demo songs na nagawa
c. Instagram - share ng mga jamming pictures or gig pictures
d. Facebook  - kumustahan and networking

I’m willing to help organize this. Who’s taking the lead now? If wala, let me know cos I’m more than willing to help.

If there are enough interests for this, ill start a new thread for this hobbyist “club” and organize it there..

Let me know what you think TS and forumers..

I completely agree with your train of thoughts; very similar to my recommendations a few pages back. Very structured and concrete as well (always a good thing in my book).

You've got pm.

Offline rustic shine

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2014, 10:53:51 AM »
Bros any update on this hobby band project? I'm really interested in joining.

Offline ganjie

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »
yes sir! umpisahan na to! lam ko naginivte na sa facebook si sir nuwheel

pa PM na lang ng number mo sakin sir ganjie (sir Jon ikaw ba yan?)  :-D,

and sa lahat ng interested pki PM na number ninyo and instruments

para maumpisahan na natin, medyo busy lang ata si sir nuwheel kaya ako muna daw magasikaso hehehe

and cgro pag ok na tyu sa mga members, meetup muna, sharing kwentuhan bago sched ng jam sa studio

thanks!!!

nayon ko lang na basa.. oo tol, si Jon to...

sge, PM ko sayo mobile ko.. jam na!! (or akyat kung may time... hehehe)
... pain is a purifier and suffering builds character ...
... Jesus Rocks! ...

Offline meerdracke

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2014, 10:37:53 AM »
ano ang group name sa fb?

Offline Makimono

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2015, 04:24:39 PM »
Hi! I like the idea this musicians joint project is going! I'm very interested in joining! I just sent you the PM of my facebook details and contact! Lemme know if interested!

Offline falloutboy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »
ui pede to... are you guys still active?? vox here..
BAWAL NAKASIMANGOT!<br />PWEDE MANGULANGOT!

Offline allanlumbo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »
Wow! I really really like this, I'm close to the age group hehehe Greenhills and ortigas area sounds nice!!!

Offline sterilium

• Netizen Level
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »
Hello. Buhay pa ba 'tong thread na 'to? Anyway, pianist/guitarist here, about to turn 35 y/o, also a composer. I play a lot of styles/genres of music but I prefer jazz, metal, prog, hard rock, jam band stuff. I also love improvisation. Kung ok pa to, interesado ako makijam.

Offline quibron

• Netizen Level
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2015, 10:17:58 AM »
May jamming ba ito this coming friday night or saturday?