hulika

Author Topic: NEW member  (Read 3838 times)

Offline deepblue

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« on: October 31, 2006, 08:27:12 PM »
Hi, new member po, from manila.

I am a weekend guitarist, mainly playing for our church in nagtahan. I am still learning, and I don't consider myself an expert yet in any style.

I got into this site because I was trying to find an inexpensive electric guitar. I saw the classified ads page. Terrific stuff. Most of them beyond my budget.

I play rhythm quite a lot. Could you give me some advice on what inexpensive guitar to look for. I play a squire telecaster at church, but I don't think it suits the job of rhythm playing. Please enlighten me if you have any ideas. My budget is 10K to 15K.

And lastly, what does "UP" mean?

Thanks for your time,
deepblue

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: NEW member
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:33:03 AM »
welcome to philmusic!
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »
see oyu sa Guitar central....welcome 8-)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Jihad15

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:37:42 PM »
WELCOME WELCOME!!!! :lol:
why cant i be the stoic that i used to be.....

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:30:01 AM »

And lastly, what does "UP" mean?

It's a way for pushing a thread to the top of the line. Topics with recent posts usually wind up at the top of the page, kaya UP. In international forums, you usually see 'bump' and sometimes, smileys - same thing.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline BiliBidboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 08:01:25 AM »
welcome deepblue! whats your style of playing ba? pra matulungan ka....fender squire mej mas mataas na to ng konti sa mga entry level e.guitars...hope u find it :-D
X-DW user...SPAUN convert!

Offline bluz_boi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 05:13:50 PM »
up!
welkam pow! :wink:

Offline deepblue

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »
Wow, I've never been involved in an online community before. This certainly feels welcoming.

Insert Quote
welcome deepblue! whats your style of playing ba? pra matulungan ka....fender squire mej mas mataas na to ng konti sa mga entry level e.guitars...hope u find it

I'll definitely search for it. I play rhythm on a 4-piece church band, 1 drummer, 1 bassist, 2 guitars. I do the chord strumming while the other guitarist plays the notes. We often do covers of popular praise and worship songs. Hillsong, Matt Redman, ... (tapos marami pang iba na di ko alam kung sino kumanta).

At home, I use a plain OC Bandilla nylon guitar for practice.

I've thought about using a steel acoustic guitar with pickup for rhythm playing, but I find that an electric guitar is really easier to play and the sound is easier to manipulate. O dilemma. I saw an electric/acoustic in pefect pitch recently, fender "telecoustic", and I thought it was really up for the job, priced at 22K as I remember. Unfortunately I noticed that the neck was already warped and bent, so I backed out. The online reviews for it was also bad.

If you have other suggestions for a good inexpensive guitar for rhythm playing, just let me know. Thanks.

Offline eaRthRideR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 12:40:38 PM »
welcome to philmusic  :)   
-- if  you  can't  ACCEPT  me  at my  WORST  then you  don't  DESERVE  me  at  my  BEST --

Offline pearljam

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:58:10 PM »
makikiwelcome na din sa u..rok oN!!!
Tish...kcuf...<br /><br /><br />

Offline LORD_TAMSZ

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »
naway maging masaya ang iyong pagsali!!!
\m/

"...remember kids, there are no stupid questions...just stupid people..."-- Mr. Garrison, South Park

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 03:19:26 PM »
Hello sa lahat!
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here