hulika

Author Topic: Delay Pedal Reviews  (Read 71527 times)

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
Delay Pedal Reviews
« on: June 23, 2007, 12:34:03 AM »
Mga sirs and ma'ams, need help with deciding which delay pedal to get next. I'm thinking about getting a Line6 DL-4 or Echo Park, Digitech DigiDelay, or Boss DD-5 or DD-6. Kung meron pang iba, welcome to suggestions po ako.

Requirements po are:
Tap tempo - Sana external, kaso kung built-in lang... oh well
Reliability - Won't stop working til the day I sell it and GAS for another :-P
Versatility - Can go from Analog to Digital delay
Price - Hehe...

Thanks po :-D
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Chito

Re: Delay Pedal Reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 12:41:06 AM »
Considered one of the best delay pedals around. Diamond Memory Lane

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 12:43:44 AM by Chito »

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 12:48:01 AM »
Ok po sana Memory Lane, kaso $429.95... whoa... twice ng presyo ng guitar ko yun e.

Anyway, thanks for the info sir. Eventually, pag nagka-raise na ko sa trabaho :-D
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 01:01:08 AM »
the eight best delay pedals in the market for me (not in order):

- Diamond Memory Lane
- Eventide TimeFactor
- TC Electronic Vintage Delay/T-Rex Replica (same design)
- BOSS DD-20
- Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay
- Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
- Line 6 DL-4 (Keeley-modded)
- Home Brew Electronics Mimic Mock II
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 01:14:56 AM »
Hmmm... DD-20, di ko naisip yun a. Thanks sir :-D

Offline vic_6

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 01:23:31 AM »
ano ba price range mo? parang ang laki eh. hehe!

pero tama. ganda nang dd-20.

i have a DL-4 and an echo park. i'd choose the DL-4 in terms of sound and versatility. but it's HUGE and there are so many bad reviews of it breaking on the owner... which im pretty scared of.

yung echo park ok sya. pero dapat may sariling power supply... mine's for sale if you're interested.
way too much GAS, way too little cash

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 02:48:16 AM »

...one of my long-term goals. :mrgreen: Too bad they don't make tape cartridges anymore. :cry:

the eight best delay pedals in the market for me (not in order):

- Diamond Memory Lane
- Eventide TimeFactor
- TC Electronic Vintage Delay/T-Rex Replica (same design)
- BOSS DD-20
- Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay
- Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
- Line 6 DL-4 (Keeley-modded)
- Home Brew Electronics Mimic Mock II

Astig Memory Lane! Thanks for this list Ian, i have more pedals to check out. :-)

I'm slowly getting into boutique pedals. Yari na to. :lol:
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline vic_6

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 02:49:24 AM »
add ko din yung pigtronix echolution. totally out of budget kasi mga 500$ ata pero hanep sa features tska ganda nang sound clips na narinig ko.
way too much GAS, way too little cash

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 02:59:57 AM »
Considered one of the best delay pedals around. Diamond Memory Lane

chito, i have one of these and it is pretty nifty. i actually bought it from a Cannuck company, Axe and You Will Receive. The only other item I would love to have over the Memory Lane is a tape delay if it weren't so tempermental and huge. I've also got the TCs T-Rex replica and the TC is more rugged than the Memory Lane. Overall, both have a nice analog, organic sound to them that I really like.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:02:17 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 03:02:13 AM »
from your list the echopark is a good option
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 06:07:06 AM »
Ang budget ko is up to 15k. Next year pa naman ako kukuha e :-D

Thanks for the replies po, keep 'em coming.

Offline dizzymark

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 08:20:17 AM »
hmmmm okay din yung Marshall Echohead kasi external taptempo, true-bypass, tsaka andaming modes hehe  :-D
People I've dealt with/references: phoenix_rising, fraudulentzodiac, BossingBoss, deltaslim, bluescon, nicosci, kenzu, dubista, kelvinator, spankyrigor, mahavishnu, youarehere, pao2pao, pochbelmonte, mandoytz, JoeF, kdc123, PedallionPH, musicjunkie

Offline pr3ach2all

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »
id go 4 the DL-4 or dd-20 or the EHX deluxe memory man...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 09:58:07 AM »
Astig Memory Lane! Thanks for this list Ian, i have more pedals to check out. :-)

I'm slowly getting into boutique pedals. Yari na to. :lol:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE! the force is strong with you, young one... :evil: :evil: :evil:

seriously, the higher-end delay pedals are really, really worth it. they're miles ahead of their standard DigiTech and BOSS counterparts. when i bought a Deluxe Memory Man last year, i thought that was the end of the line in my delay pedal GAS (out of all pedals, i love delays the most). but then i stumbled upon a T-Rex and a TC Electronic VD and when i tried them, i knew i had to buy one!

EJ setup ang goal mo diba? tira ka na ng Memory Lane kung ganun! tapos bili ka na rin ng mixer, Echoplex, etc. hehehe :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
get two boss dd6
get two e13 peeps or 2 lazer footsiwtches or a custom built controller
then get an rv3.

ayan. malayo sa 15k yan. may sukli ka pa pang pedalboard :-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »
http://http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/RE-20/

This one looks promising..boss RE20 space echo
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »
Boss DD-20 na nga siguro yung pinaka-cost effective among your choices.

Then again, I sold mine almost unused and went on to buy a Korg AX3000G. Hehehehe.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 09:58:13 PM »
May external na tap tempo ba yung DD-6??? Akala ko DD-5's lang meron...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 02:48:48 AM »
http://http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/RE-20/

This one looks promising..boss RE20 space echo

pwede yan ah... officially in the market na ba yan?

May external na tap tempo ba yung DD-6??? Akala ko DD-5's lang meron...

wala.. just stomp on the bypass switch and hold it for 2 seconds to start tap tempo mode, then set your tempo by tapping two consecutive times then hold the bypass switch for 2 seconds again to save the new tempo setting.

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 09:47:40 AM »
ganda nitong thread na ito. tumataas n nmn ang GAS attack ko mabuti at nakakapagtimpi ako. :-D GAS king k tlga IAN!!!

Offline sbalbaguio2006

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 03:56:34 PM »
ganda nitong thread na ito. tumataas n nmn ang GAS attack ko mabuti at nakakapagtimpi ako. :-D GAS king k tlga IAN!!!

i second the motion!  :-D
2008 EBMM JP6 | 2005 Jackson RR5 | 2001 Ibanez JEM7VWH | 1994 Fender 57 RI Strat

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »
argh tagal kong nagpigil para di buksan tong thread na to. argh sabi ko na GAS inducer tong thread na to eh
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 02:54:12 PM »
get two boss dd6
get two e13 peeps or 2 lazer footsiwtches or a custom built controller
then get an rv3.

ayan. malayo sa 15k yan. may sukli ka pa pang pedalboard :-D

Hmmm... The more the manier...

argh tagal kong nagpigil para di buksan tong thread na to. argh sabi ko na GAS inducer tong thread na to eh

i second the motion!  :-D
Whoops, sorry mga sirs :-P

Mukhang papatol ako sa DD-20 by January next year. Kaso kung umabot yung budget, T-Rex Replica na ito... kung maka-lusot :-P

Thanks po sa mga ideas. Keep 'em coming :-D

Offline jam_nineworkz

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 03:50:51 PM »
no doubt to all those boutique delay pedals are great...ive yet to own one pero based on reviews and hearing them on youtube etc...they're really great sounding...pristine lalo na sa T.C. and ive been dreaming of having a memory man...

pero..

hehe i vote for Boss DD6 or Digitech Digidelay hehehe!!!

:-D

rock on!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »

o anong ginawa ko? hehehe.. si Turi ang GAS god of 2007! malalaman nyo kung bakit soon... very soon.  :evil: :evil: :evil: