hulika

Author Topic: Celtic Jazz Fusion  (Read 2191 times)

Offline ralphsilat

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Celtic Jazz Fusion
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:44:01 AM »
Hi everyone.

(I posted this as a reply in another thread and figured I might as well start a new topic with it.  Added a few more links too.)

Suntok sa buwan 'to. Does anyone out there wanna try doing some Celtic Jazz Fusion?  It's a little different from what The Corrs and Enya did/do and it's tough to describe.  But if the idea of experimenting appeals to you, maybe you can check out these guys for a sampling of what's currently being done:

feature=related
feature=relmfu
feature=related

Then, there's Martyn Bennett pero electronica yung ginawa niya.

My background prior to doing celtic music is jazz so I'm thinking no covers and lots of improvisation.  Improv to sawa pero babalik-balik to something with structure - pwedeng changes lang, not necessarily the head.  We can/should take the music further into jazz territory than the guys in the links do.  If modal is your thing, celtic music is almost entirely modal.  If you're a serious jazz head and you wanna solo over something freer (sama ako jan!), that can be arranged too.  We can create any sort of environment for soloing.

I know of 1 other person who's keen on playing this sort of stuff so kung merong interesado jan, I'd appreciate a holler.

Ralph
0939 849 1973

Salamat!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:02:01 AM by ralphsilat »