hulika

Author Topic: HNG(s)D..  (Read 6176 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
HNG(s)D..
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »
close to 4th of july so GC is getting crazy..headed out to get a daphne blue squier, even though i found one that was great..the tuners..again its the tuners..although i could get a CV or VM squier i wanted a more beefy neck..which i found in a used fiesta red fender corona with matching headstock..but it was freaking reserved..:(

so looking for something different than the stuff i have..tried some sterlings that was just not made right..and some of the MIM fender t's just required  some fretwork that i just dont want to deal with...and then the asst mgr..said they were unboxing some gibbys..i got to try some standards that just didnt feel right..the finishes were awesome but again if it doest feel right in the end i wouldnt like it that much..i had that fiesta red fenders sound spanky sound in my head that none of the prs's and gibbys i tried were up to that sound..a woody open sound!..i tried upping an offer for the fender fiesta..but it was a sealed deal..

feeling low i headed to the acoustic room, i tried some Great Divide acoustics..they sounded real good. the sales guy said they were from the company that was clearing out inventory..it explains why they were new @ 99USD..even the junior sized ones..which i kinda liked and i was about to pay for the junior acoustic, jason another sales guy was there gave me a better offer..170 for a baby taylor..despite its size..it was louder and was better in construction!..paid for it and now i got me an acoustic! lol Taylor BT-1

funny thing as i was hanging out in the effects section(wanted to get a digitech rp1000)..dan the mgr found me and was like 'i think you should see these', i assumed it was the lp standards and i said i tried those..he declined its the 60's tribute studios..i got to try those when they first came out..they had four pcs out in different colors..the faded cherry burst was buzzing like [gooey brown stuff], and the black and white needed some work done on the frets that when you bend your notes it was scratching like you'd feel your strings over sandpaper..now the next one was the one! it matched the sound in my head..out of the box it is a 9/10 sure i had to TUNE it lol,..but other than that you  guys should check these out..paid 500 bucksfor it for the holiday event :D..

3 pc mahogany, plain maple top

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: HNG(s)D..
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
500 for the Gibby? Congrats! :) It looks like a winner.

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »
you bought 2 at the same time?.......so thats why those stuffs never reach pinas LOL :-D

btw Congrats!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:32:59 AM by Rmansh »
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »
500 for the Gibby? Congrats! :) It looks like a winner.

yes sir, well you need your coupon(s) too! , and you can do 12 months no interest financing..which i didnt..lol

you bought 2 at the same time?.......so thats why those stuffs never reach pinas LOL :-D
btw Congrats!

thanks man, i liked it soo much..not because of what the headstock says..but getting something that doesnt need to freaking work on!

Offline deathbystroke

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
LP with P-90s FTW!! 

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »
great purchase bry...

inggit me. hahahaha
Click Here

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 06:49:35 PM »
Congrats on the Baby Taylor as well as the 60s Tribute! I've read nice feedbacks from the latter.   :-)

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »
Awesome finds. Give us a review of the Worn LP, looks interesting. :P

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 07:48:18 PM »
whoa  :-o

i like that taylor

btw nice guitars sir bry

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 10:48:01 PM »
Congrats on the Baby Taylor as well as the 60s Tribute! I've read nice feedbacks from the latter.   :-)

thanks! also the weight..hot damn! freaking light!

Awesome finds. Give us a review of the Worn LP, looks interesting. :P

im not sure what you want to know..but if you like one, be sure to play one first..because they aint no polished stuff because it has the G- logo and made in usa stamp..its still a piece of wood which really affect the feel and stability of the neck..Even if its PLEK..it still doesnt secure the instability of wood.. what PLEK does offer is a consistent cut from first fret to the last fret..but thats all it is..cutting the tops(not the sides of the crown thats done by hand)..it will not help the if the slotting fret is too narrow too wide making the fret pop if the wood moves(which was true for the black and white LP with the black having the 2nd fret poppd a bit to create a dead buzz
on the D string fretted at the first fret..and the white lp i think around the 8 the fret causing the low e to buzz heavily..

but here's a link review that will probably answer if not most..

http://www.in2guitar.com/lpstudio.html

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »
^Thanks for the link, Bryan. I guess it all boils down to being able to try a number of examples, since the reviews are kind of mixed. But the price point is hard to beat. :P

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 12:56:53 AM »
^Thanks for the link, Bryan. I guess it all boils down to being able to try a number of examples, since the reviews are kind of mixed. But the price point is hard to beat. :P

true man, thats why i didnt go OMG these guitars are awesome..because i only found one that was awesome wouldnt mean the rest of them are..

here's a few details too..

the round-over on the area where the neck meets the neck pocket is more than the round-over around the body, and the fretboard edges are rounded over as well..

but yeah some of the necks i tried had were it had too much pore-Feel(not fill) that actually feels like a tree branch lol

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 03:03:05 AM »
that les paul with P90s is too f-in sexy!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 04:34:20 AM »
that les paul with P90s is too f-in sexy!

f-yeah!

had fun playing with this

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:32:15 AM »
170 USD for a baby taylor - this

At a P45 = 1 USD exchange rate, it's only P7650!!!  :-o :-o :-o
just half the price of the same item sold here, to be accurate, even lower.  :mrgreen:

“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »
170 USD for a baby taylor - this

At a P45 = 1 USD exchange rate, it's only P7650!!!  :-o :-o :-o
just half the price of the same item sold here, to be accurate, even lower.  :mrgreen:

Boom! yun na.... i love you bry. nice one!
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
great deal you got there...

i love your baby taylor!!!
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 11:29:09 AM »
thanks! also the weight..hot damn! freaking light!

Haha. Nice. Maybe the BT-1 will start your acoustic guitar gas.  :lol: you got it for 170usd? That's the real hot damn! I think it's around 20-30k pesos here.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 11:30:54 AM »
nice Bry!  ang sarap talaga pag andiyan and music stores that go on sale REALLY go on sale.  :lol:
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »
Haha. Nice. Maybe the BT-1 will start your acoustic guitar gas:lol:

lol no,whenever i drop my aunt or my mom at the mall which is across the street, i go to GC to hang out..but i do check the acoustics..but i do prefer smaller one's they are more fun that way..i do want a smaller nylon too..i enjoy playing sometimes because they tend to give my hands a work out which is good,

you got it for 170usd?
  yep, its one of my 'gc buddies' lol, pretty much his employee discount..the normal sale price is $250

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 11:55:55 AM »
nice Bry!  ang sarap talaga pag andiyan and music stores that go on sale REALLY go on sale.  :lol:

yeah they do..but not all items..usually its us based companies..ibanez's and esp have caps on the sale items..and each store may have different prices for the items..fender mims went down as $350(instore)..

the pattern of good holidays are black friday, labor day, and 4th of july..thats it..the rest are just 5% discounts..

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »
Great buy!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 07:30:04 PM »
oh my! $500 for a gibby that beaut? :-o
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »
Great buy!

thanks!

oh my! $500 for a gibby that beaut? :-o

yesH!!...its light!

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »
How I wish that my U.S. trip coincided with 4th of July! Grrrrr.... Oh well, maybe next year.

Congrats on the purchase!

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic