hulika

Author Topic: Share your Pedaltrain! (The Pedaltrain Armada)  (Read 268573 times)

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Share your Pedaltrain! (The Pedaltrain Armada)
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
Hi, all!

I'm thinking of finally getting myself a PT.  Question about the soft case versions though --- how true is it that 1. pedal knob settings tend to move inside the soft case when lugged around?  Answers, experiences and opinions from actual users here in PM will be greatly appreciated.  2. I would like to avoid the extra weight of the Hard Case version.

TIA.

1. They will.

2. Best option. Not only for the knobs moving around issue. It will ABSOLUTELY protect everything inside it. Price? Obviously more expensive. But it will definitely do the job. Stack 100 high, no problems.

US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:14 AM »
Hi, all!

I'm thinking of finally getting myself a PT.  Question about the soft case versions though --- how true is it that pedal knob settings tend to move inside the soft case when lugged around?  Answers, experiences and opinions from actual users here in PM will be greatly appreciated.  I would like to avoid the extra weight of the Hard Case version.

TIA.
Ey sir. Musta na?

In theory, try putting in towels or old shirts with your PT. It "should" lessen moving knobs while transporting. Subukan ko to on Friday, balitaan kita kung ano man with pics.

Or...

Grab a hardcase version and buy a stroller for it for the weight po.

Hope this helps
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2010, 04:11:58 PM »
Hi, all!

I'm thinking of finally getting myself a PT.  Question about the soft case versions though --- how true is it that pedal knob settings tend to move inside the soft case when lugged around?  Answers, experiences and opinions from actual users here in PM will be greatly appreciated.  I would like to avoid the extra weight of the Hard Case version.

TIA.

you could try the PT-1-HC...it's 2 inches shorter than the PT-2, with a lightweight hard case (not a flightcase)...could be exactly what you're looking for...priced the same as a PT-2 SC too.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »
1. They will.

2. Best option. Not only for the knobs moving around issue. It will ABSOLUTELY protect everything inside it. Price? Obviously more expensive. But it will definitely do the job. Stack 100 high, no problems.

Thanks for the info, Turi!   :-D  The HC will really prevent the moving knobs syndrome but I'm really trying to avoid the weight.  Will consider all the pros and cons first before I get in touch with you-know-who (*nudge, *nudge) to get my PT.   :wink:

Ey sir. Musta na?

In theory, try putting in towels or old shirts with your PT. It "should" lessen moving knobs while transporting. Subukan ko to on Friday, balitaan kita kung ano man with pics.

Or...

Grab a hardcase version and buy a stroller for it for the weight po.

Hope this helps

Hey, bro!  Am doing fine, thanks!   :-)  You?

Will wait on your towel theory experiment report.  I hope it will do wonders with the ped I got from you because it is the pedal on my board that is most susceptible to knob movement.  hehe

I am also trying to avoid strollers because I don't like the picture I envision with it --- but of course that's just me!   :lol:

you could try the PT-1-HC...it's 2 inches shorter than the PT-2, with a lightweight hard case (not a flightcase)...could be exactly what you're looking for...priced the same as a PT-2 SC too.

Yes, I saw this awhile back too and it is the most perfect size with the exact features for me!  Enough room for my present pedals with room to spare for the last 2 peds I'm ever going to GAS for!  haha  However, I think this is a GC exclusive item only not unless Turi can bring it in...  :evil:

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »
Pedal boards - i never believed in exact sizes. "this is perfect for me", "this should last me .... years", etc.

People, it's an investment. After making over 250 pedal boards with Dirt Craft for almost 4 years, my own clients came back to me saying "sir, pwede palakihin ito? ang laki ng bago kong pedal eh..." and before this, I already warned them about exact sizes.

Guys give allowances. It's just a few inches more. And check the prices too, they're not so far from each other. Always give an allowance on the size of the pedal board that you're getting. Our acquisition will never stop. And new pedals will be coming out all the time.

\m/
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:35 PM »
^^Don't worry, bro.  If and when, God forbid, I get new pedals that won't fit on my soon to be PT,  I would wholeheartedly and without hesitation and regret get myself a bigger board.  My initial investment loss will be your gain and probably somebody else's too.   :-D  Thanks for the concern.  Your point is well taken as it should be by everyone else.

As of now it's a choice between the PT2 and the GC PT.  Will wait for Allan's results and advise you soon after that.

Cheers!   :-)

Saturn/Return

« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »
Hi, all!

TIA.

Hi curiousdcat, I started out with my PT JR with a softcase - not the stock one though since I had one made by Butch Dormitorio way back when I was using a PT JR clone. After some time, the knobs do get moved around a bit but nothing drastic and problematic. Using a softcase is indeed lighter but I was more concerned on the safety of the PT and the pedals since I noticed I had to be extra careful when handling it. I also remembered after years of storing my PT clone in it, it eventually was beaten thru time as the softcase padding can only protect so much. So when the opportunity of having a hard case came, I instantly traded my PT softcase for it since I wanted more protection on my PT JR & pedals without worrying to much in the long run. I do feel more safety now with the hardcase but I also miss the lightness & portability of using a softcase. With that being said, I still have my softcase which I might use on certain nights whenever I feel lazy to haul the bulky, heavy hardcase.

Hope this helps :-)

Saturn/Return

« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »

+1

They look much slimmer than the flight cases.

Unfortunately mine is the bulky heavy flight case..

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2010, 01:07:19 AM »
@Saturn/Return

Thanks for the input.  Duly noted.  Having an extra customized softcase may be an option but dayum, the PT-1-HC seem to have all the features and benefits I want for now.   :-)  Price at Ikebe is quite high though - almost equivalent to Turi's Jr. with ATA case.

So many things to consider and weigh...

:-D

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2010, 06:07:15 AM »

+1

ditto!

same here Saturn, got the bulky flightcase. Thought the new one was just a smoother design. Didn't know it was an entirely different case in terms of weight! Have you tried carrying those new ones? I'm having problems carrying mine to gigs  :-(

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2010, 06:19:21 AM »

^available at ACE hardware. 1.7k I think. There's a cheaper one at SM department stores. around 800. Got two. Has a higher profile than the pic. Better IMO. I use it for transporting amps and cabs too. \m/

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »

^available at ACE hardware. 1.7k I think. There's a cheaper one at SM department stores. around 800. Got two. Has a higher profile than the pic. Better IMO. I use it for transporting amps and cabs too. \m/

Haha thanks, bro! That looks sweet! The one I was using before was more schoolboy! haha but picking up from Saturn's post, Nacurious din ako sa weight nung bagong case kasi. :-)

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2010, 08:06:25 AM »

+1

ditto!

same here Saturn, got the bulky flightcase. Thought the new one was just a smoother design. Didn't know it was an entirely different case in terms of weight! Have you tried carrying those new ones? I'm having problems carrying mine to gigs  :-(

Not for me but I'll answer, it's sleeker and definitely lighter, but probably doesn't offer the same protection as the bulkier flightcase. One thing to look out for in the pt-1-hc is pedal clearance if you have tall pedals. I had a tonecore in the back row and had a sh*t time closing the case.

From the net:

PT-2 HC

Frame
    - 24x12.5x2.5 inches
    -5 lbs

Hard Case
    - 25.5x18x8 inches
    - 17 lbs

PT-1-HC

Frame
    - 22x12.5x2.5 inches
    - 4 lbs

Hard Case
    - 23.5x18x7 inches
    - 9 lbs

Saturn/Return

« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
ditto!

Same here bro, I didn't know they weighed differently. I only noticed about it after seeing Rj's post saying that the PT-1 is a lightweight case. And after checking the specs online, there is a difference in weight. But I'm cool with the PT-JR coz I really wanted this because it was the perfect pedal board size for me :-)

Here are the online specs of what I have (PT Jr):

Frame: 17 x 12 1/2 x 2 in. / Weight 3 lbs.

Hard case: 19 x 18 x 8 in. / Weight 14 lbs.

Total of 17 lbs without the pedals. I'll try to weight the total weight of mine & post it here. Btw PT-2 ba yung sayo bro?

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »
Not for me but I'll answer, it's sleeker and definitely lighter, but probably doesn't offer the same protection as the bulkier flightcase. One thing to look out for in the pt-1-hc is pedal clearance if you have tall pedals. I had a tonecore in the back row and had a sh*t time closing the case.

This.

And I also had a few orders of the PT PRO HC. Hesus! That thing is huge and heavy! But as I said, it WILL do the job very well. \m/

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2010, 11:19:35 PM »
Hi, all!

TIA.

I have a PT Mini; comes with a softcase only. I put bubble wrap on top of my pedals before I close the softcase, just to make sure. Being the 'highest' pedal, I noticed that my delay pedal's knobs get moved every few storages (for the lack of better term). I almost never go out of the house, so it's not an issue.
I presume you gig - get the hard case version.  :-)

william251082

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »
What's wrong with knobs moving? I know exactly how I like my pedal's knobs' setting, well probably because I don't have too many pedals :-D I got both, hardcase and softcase, I only use the softcase. Ayoko ngang magbuhat! :-D

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2010, 11:16:09 PM »
PT-1  :lol: hindi ko pa rin nakakabit yung psu  :oops:

Offline bh

« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »
i also just use a softcase and just remember where i set my knobs,  besides, you have to do some tweaking anyway when you get to the gig, if im flying, i just put the pt2(in a softcase) inside another suitcase wrapped with clothes, etc to further protect it. Anyhow, here's a new addition (idea from TGP)..

it lights up!!

and the underside

everything powered by a pp2+, im using the pp2+ courtesy outlet for the lights and harmony g
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:30:02 PM by bh »

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2010, 03:11:01 AM »
^^Pretty! 

Parts available locally?

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2010, 06:56:03 AM »
Hey, bro!  Am doing fine, thanks!   :-)  You?

Will wait on your towel theory experiment report.  I hope it will do wonders with the ped I got from you because it is the pedal on my board that is most susceptible to knob movement.  hehe
I'm good, sobrang busy lang lately  :-D

Experiment fail sir. Medyo gumalaw pa rin, but it was less than the usual.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline bh

« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »
^^Pretty! 

Parts available locally?

Yeah, handyman store.  They have other colors but they're all too dark, clear one's the brightest...they also have a huge bulky dimmer that comes with it, but i just got the light and the power cord:) 

Offline sd8450

« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2010, 02:41:10 PM »
here is my PT-1 HC, i want to get a PP2+ pero can't justify the cost at this time:

i am currently using this amp, it is a very nice amp and channel 1 (modeled to clean fender blackface) works very well with pedals:

Vintage and Not-So Vintage Amps
http://vintageguitaramps.blogspot.com/

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »
I'm good, sobrang busy lang lately  :-D

Experiment fail sir. Medyo gumalaw pa rin, but it was less than the usual.

Thanks bro.  Will keep yours and everybody else's inputs into consideration.

Just to be clear to everyone why I don't want my knobs moving  :-D:  Not only are my pedals weird (they feel and sound different when the knobs are moved even just a bit - most especially time-based FX) but I also find it difficult to tweak my pedals in a dark environment even with a pedalboard light.  I actually rely on the amp more to tune into the type of sound I like.  Strange, I know, but so far it has worked and that is how I cope with my night-vision impairment for many years now.

Yeah, handyman store.  They have other colors but they're all too dark, clear one's the brightest...they also have a huge bulky dimmer that comes with it, but i just got the light and the power cord:) 

Sorry for the bother (again) but what are those lights called?  Your board is a reverse idea of the TT Glow Tops and I bet it looks like it is floating in a dark situation.   :-D

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »
Anyhow, here's a new addition (idea from TGP)..

it lights up!!

and the underside

everything powered by a pp2+, im using the pp2+ courtesy outlet for the lights and harmony g

this is awesome, been wanting to add lights to my board for a while now...off to handyman