hulika

Author Topic: Anyone for Listening Test?  (Read 5752 times)

Offline VinceP

Re: Anyone for Listening Test?
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 10:14:10 PM »
Here we go with the pics

Test between the RM1 and Fostex

RM2 and Fostex

abusound doing his thing

Up close and personal

Shinji and Kit getting down to hearing the details

Shinji's rig, something straight out of a Digizine Magazine

Everyone and some left over pizza

Leave it to KitC to get down on the RM1 (which sounds darn good by the way!)

Here's the stuff dreams are made of

KitC, Shinji, and Mario talking shop

Thanks for viewing
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:27:44 PM by VinceP »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »
looks like helluva fun party! wish i could have been there :-(
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 08:12:35 AM »
abusound's RM1s were sweet, but in spite of their size, they were loud. Too loud, in fact, for Shinji's control room. The bass was full, mids and highs sounded accurate... Shinji put up this one song about cats (hehe) and I loved the way the TB-303 sound translated with those speakers. A/B them with Shinji's NX-6 Fostex was a mismatch because even when we dialed down the RM1, it wasn't even close to the Fostex.

It was the RM2s that got our attention and they were absolutely bangin'! This was a (relatively) close A/B with the NX-6 and Shinji's mixes translated well.

These speakers are deep! I mean literally. The RM1 and RM2 reminds me of a computer case because of the depth in their dimensions. If you are going to mount these on a stand, make sure the base where you set the monitor on is long enough or you will surely have some overhang. These are modern sounding monitors; I'm sure any music with deep bass (house, hiphop, rnb) will sound good on these. I liked Haze's comment... "these monitors were made for distorted guitars".

All in all, a great demo. Thanks, Mario! (kudos to your staff as well!)

VinceP brought his Heil Sound mics to the party as well. I've known about these mics for some time already after reading about them in TapeOp and other mags, but they are relatively unknown here.

We put these mics to the test on Shinji's Yamaha Custom; PR40 on kick (as against Shinji's beloved Senn 421), PR22 on snare, and last into the test, PR30 on floor drum. Personally, I loved the sound of the PR40 on kick - as soon as it was positioned properly (a little inside the sound hole), it gave THAT sound - as it is, flat (no EQ) it already captured the click of the beater and body of the kick, fantastic! The PR22 was no slouch on snare either, getting that crack and snare body sound. The PR30 capture a 'roundness' to the floor tom that sounded good to the entire kit overall. Those are great mics, VinceP! I'll give you a call when we're gonna test it on a recording date.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:18:34 AM by KitC »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline VinceP

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 03:22:27 PM »
VinceP! I'll give you a call when we're gonna test it on a recording date.

Let me know when and where and I'm there.   :wink:

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 12:22:29 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks for attending the Listening test last friday. I really appreciated all your comments and feedback.

I am still looking forward in doing this in other places. So if anyone still wants to host the listening test just give me a call. I am more than happy to bring the speakers to your place.

BTW, thanks to Shinji for letting us use his place. Also, a big thanks to KitC, Hazel, and Vince for giving me such great comments.

Kudos to Vince for those great mics. I liked the way they sounded on my speakers. Just give me a call when you would want to test the speakers in your place.

Again, this is still an open invitation to all who would want to try the speakers. my numbers are 09176440991, 09228644991, 023817991, 022812865.

Ciao!

Offline astrobog

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »
Salamat kay abusound & DMI for listening test. at kay VinceP, pag attend at pag dala ng nice mics(Heil Sound) at syempre kay kitC!

about speaker, ung RM2, gusto ko yon! clear ang modern sound, ok ang pagka balance ng Hi, Mid & Low freq range, maganda siguro network niyan. may speed ang low freq.(tama ba  "may speed"? or mas tama ba mabilis ang response ng low freq.?)
madaling masanay, magagamit agad sa mixing siguro! bagay sa size ng ctrl room ko.
isa lang ang problema, medyo mahal....
Shinji
Sound Creation Studio
www.soundcreation-ph.com

Offline bloodshedd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 12:57:15 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks for attending the Listening test last friday. I really appreciated all your comments and feedback.

I am still looking forward in doing this in other places. So if anyone still wants to host the listening test just give me a call. I am more than happy to bring the speakers to your place.

BTW, thanks to Shinji for letting us use his place. Also, a big thanks to KitC, Hazel, and Vince for giving me such great comments.

Kudos to Vince for those great mics. I liked the way they sounded on my speakers. Just give me a call when you would want to test the speakers in your place.

Again, this is still an open invitation to all who would want to try the speakers. my numbers are 09176440991, 09228644991, 023817991, 022812865.

Ciao!

Will JB be carrying those monitors??? Why not ask them out so that the Marketing Dept. can help you out in conducting the Listening Tests...
For JB MUSIC AND SPORTS' big discounts and 0% installment deals.... Check out https://www.facebook.com/JBMusicPh

Contact JB MUSIC ALABANG TOWN CENTER @ 809-1726 and 842-9545  Check out BADBURN @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Badburn/114672008558924?ref=

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 07:48:46 AM »
Will JB be carrying those monitors??? Why not ask them out so that the Marketing Dept. can help you out in conducting the Listening Tests...

No, JB Music will not be carrying these speakers. I signed them up last September to handle the Pro Tools LE products and giving them another product such as these speakers will just bring additional burden to their shoulders.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:56:43 AM by abusound »

Offline Silent killah

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 12:16:52 PM »
sino mg ccarry ng RMS?

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 07:11:51 AM »
sino mg ccarry ng RMS?

The RM Speakers are available at both Challenge Systems Inc, in Makati, and at Digital Media Inc in QC.

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »
How does it compare to a Genelec 8050A? can it be used for mastering?
Music is art in sound...

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »
How does it compare to a Genelec 8050A?

I don't want to be biased or anything. You will have to gauge that for yourself. Let's do a listening test in your place.

can it be used for mastering?

Yes, it can definitely be used for mastering.

Cheers!

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 02:11:14 AM »
Thanks bossing pero malayo ako as in... 10,000 miles away.. thanks for the response..i will check on that speaker.. 8-)
Music is art in sound...

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »
For those who are asking how much these speakers cost, here it is:

RM1 - USD 2,498 / pair
RM2 - USD 3,499 / pair

If you're interested, contact me. I'm giving a special price for Phil Musicians.

Cheers.