hulika

Author Topic: Ibanez JEM 20Th Anniversary - Thoughts?  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
Ibanez JEM 20Th Anniversary - Thoughts?
« on: October 16, 2015, 03:16:08 AM »
Guys, What do you think of the Ibanez JEM 20th Anniversary?  IRREGARDLESS of the music you are in.

Would you consider buying it if you had the cash? or would you pass because it just doesnt fit your "style"?  Investment wise... even if you dont like it... would you consider it a good investment?

Inputs please.  - When I got the  Bad Horsie/Mirror JEM (JEM77BRMR) kala ko mag stop na yung GAS.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:18:46 AM by Extremist777 »
777 posts and its over!

Offline BlackandGoldLP

Re: Ibanez JEM 20Th Anniversary - Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 08:10:50 AM »
i prefer the 10th Anniversary

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:51:57 AM »
if I had the money, from a collector's point of view, yeah I'll buy it.
from an investment point of view, probably not.
IMO it looks tacky as fck, but that's just me. it's hard for me to invest in something that I don't like personally, and it doesnt have that vibe that goes "this will increase in value for sure"
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 11:05:16 AM »
IMO it looks tacky as fck, but that's just me. it's hard for me to invest in something that I don't like personally, and it doesnt have that vibe that goes "this will increase in value for sure"

+1. was never a fan of wildly colored guitars. plus, wala akong shred skills to back it up hahaha

kung collector game. most prob. lalo na kung vai fan ka. by all means!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 11:12:52 AM »
This is a heavy guitar(acrylic body),,, love the sustain though.  Buying it? no in my opinion. Get the 10th anniversary.

Offline knet370

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »
add in the 90ham model. so i suggest get the 10th and na 90ham instead.

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 10:31:06 PM »

Thanks man! Im becoming a collector now (I guess). About "This guitar will increase in value for sure"......  Actually... this guitar sells for about  $5k to as much as $14k depending on the condition.  very bad ones ive seen for $5-$6k. Almost new condition ive seen go for $11k to $14k.... and you'll be surprise that alot of people actually are willing to pay that much. in 2007 they were only about $6k.

I agree with you on not investing in something you dont like personally. Thanks for the input
777 posts and its over!

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 10:49:21 PM »
90th HAM doesnt appeal that much to me compared to this 20th. The 10th anniv Ive not seen it personally so I cant really comment.. although it looks good :)  and I might get one of those (If may makukuhaan).

This 20th...did not really appeal to me when I saw it online ..yearrss ago.... then a guy I met at a music store invited me over to his house to look at his collection....then I saw this 20th along with DNA.. LNG models that he has. and parang gustong sumama sakin pauwi yung 20th eh. hehehe. 

Anyways he was offering it to me if I wanted it for an X amount of $$$$. Still deciding. I dont have the shred skills either.. but I dont think this guitar is meant to be played at all. More of a collectors item in my opinion.  Siguro pag nawala na si Vai mas mag increase ng value yun?
777 posts and its over!

Offline Master At Arms

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:21 AM »
If you've never held an acrylic guitar before, you'll probably be surprised at how HEAVY they are in weight. (Don't drop it on your toes !) Kinda awkward to handle because of the heft.

Investment ? No. It would take years to appreciate in value.

Main axe to play ? Nah, I don't need back problems to worry about.

Collection ? Hell yeah, why not? It looks damn killer imo, it's got that Vai swagger/vibe. It'd make a great showpiece in your collection room.

M A
“Now I see that I will never find the light
Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel,
Consuming myself.” - Bruce Lee https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007963455307

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »
Thanks man! Im becoming a collector now (I guess). About "This guitar will increase in value for sure"......  Actually... this guitar sells for about  $5k to as much as $14k depending on the condition.  very bad ones ive seen for $5-$6k. Almost new condition ive seen go for $11k to $14k.... and you'll be surprise that alot of people actually are willing to pay that much. in 2007 they were only about $6k.

I agree with you on not investing in something you dont like personally. Thanks for the input

tama rin sir yung sabi mo, it looks like a guitar that will skyrocket in value pag wala na si Vai, because it's much more unique than the other anniversary models. pero talagang pang collection IMO.

tapos pagawa ka sa RJ ng replica, nagaacrylic din sila eh, yun yung pang gig  :lol:

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 06:01:32 PM »
I'd get that DNA instead.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »
If you've never held an acrylic guitar before, you'll probably be surprised at how HEAVY they are in weight. (Don't drop it on your toes !) Kinda awkward to handle because of the heft.

Investment ? No. It would take years to appreciate in value.

Main axe to play ? Nah, I don't need back problems to worry about.

Collection ? Hell yeah, why not? It looks damn killer imo, it's got that Vai swagger/vibe. It'd make a great showpiece in your collection room.

M A

Actually they are almost as heavy as the Gibsons. and for sure this wont be a gigging guitar. Collection lang talaga
777 posts and its over!

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 10:12:07 PM »
tama rin sir yung sabi mo, it looks like a guitar that will skyrocket in value pag wala na si Vai, because it's much more unique than the other anniversary models. pero talagang pang collection IMO.

tapos pagawa ka sa RJ ng replica, nagaacrylic din sila eh, yun yung pang gig  :lol:

Hahaha... pwede nga ba pagawa sa RJ ng replica? Ayos yun ah.

Yeah for sure value of the 20th will go up even more pag wala na si Vai. Right now... check ebay. meron din 2 sellers... one for $8k yata... the other for $11k. 

I actually would go for this guitar.... kaya lng may catch kasi... The guy wants my JEM77BRMR on top $$$$ he is asking for.  Parang di ko kaya i let go yung Mirror Jem ko... it took me awhile to find one. Siguro if convince him to just sell it straight at a good price I might go for it,
777 posts and its over!

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 10:12:59 PM »
I'd get that DNA instead.

I'd get that too. If i have the cash. lol
777 posts and its over!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 08:44:53 AM »
Hahaha... pwede nga ba pagawa sa RJ ng replica? Ayos yun ah.

Yeah for sure value of the 20th will go up even more pag wala na si Vai. Right now... check ebay. meron din 2 sellers... one for $8k yata... the other for $11k. 

I actually would go for this guitar.... kaya lng may catch kasi... The guy wants my JEM77BRMR on top $$$$ he is asking for.  Parang di ko kaya i let go yung Mirror Jem ko... it took me awhile to find one. Siguro if convince him to just sell it straight at a good price I might go for it,

I agree, wag na lang kung kelangan mo ibigay yung guitar mo sa kanya .

may acrylic guitars si RJ paminsan-minsan, mga 6k, tapos wisikan mo ng poster paint tapos mga tatlong layer ng clearcoat  :lol:

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 10:02:20 AM »
Get one of these, instead.  :idea:

"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 10:12:30 AM »
Make sure when you get the 20th bili ka rin ng brand new spare na Edge Pro trem (currently out of production, even Rich Harris of Ibanez Rules is running out of stock).
Whether you play it or not, kahit nakatago lang sa case, the trem will corrode, lose it's chrome plating kaya daming Ibanez collector na would prefer older models with the Edge, Lo Pro bridges.

Personally I'd rather get an R8 or R9 for that kind of money. Or a really fancy EBMM JP or EVH. Or a mint condition Ibanez Jem 777 in desert yellow or shocking pink. Not a fan of acrylic body.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:23:27 AM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 08:51:51 PM »
@sonnicassault - Yeah.. yun nga pinagiisipan ko kasi ayoko din mawala yung mirror jem ko.  RJ seriously is out of my budget. lol. pero pwede experiment. :D

@guitarwiz02 - I'll check it out. but that guitar for sure is nothing compared to the JEM 20th. and im not really into Tele style guitars.

@randymarsh - I already have the The Majesty in Arctic Dream and a Dessert Yellow RG550. and im not into Gibsons really. Yung shocking Pink... wag. lol. Baka mahalata na fave color ko yun eh. hahaha
777 posts and its over!

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 09:00:50 PM »
Im trying to negotiate the trade.. instead of JEM77BRMR... ill trade the UVP70BK instead... kasi mas madali makuha yung UVP70BK.  Hopefully the decision will be made this weekend.

Thanks guys sa input nyo. :)
777 posts and its over!

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »
It's hard to sell JEMs. I've been selling my JEM77fp2 for months now. It's easier to sell JCs than JEMs.

Offline Extremist777

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 10:45:21 PM »
I guess it depends where you are.  UV's/JEM's sell like pancakes in my area. Once they come in guitar stores... you better grab it if you want it and not think it over... or else it will be gone by the time you made up your mind about buying it. 
777 posts and its over!

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 07:22:45 PM »

I guess it depends where you are.  UV's/JEM's sell like pancakes in my area. Once they come in guitar stores... you better grab it if you want it and not think it over... or else it will be gone by the time you made up your mind about buying it.

If that's the case. Can you help me sell mine? Haha.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 05:44:05 AM »
 I'd rather get this for $4k+

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IBANEZ-JEM-777VDY-Beautiful-Vine-Desert-Yellow-1989-Original-UV1000C-Hard-case-/331697240848?hash=item4d3ab23b10:g:bUsAAOSw~bFWNmdE

While its tempting, I already have two 7vwhs, a uv777 and two J-Customs. I'd say the J-Customs are far ahead in terms of playability and craftsmanship. These guitars pretty much killed my GAS for RG type guitars.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:47:31 AM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx