hulika

Author Topic: Les Paul Club Thread  (Read 1646636 times)

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Les Paul Club Thread
« Reply #1400 on: July 27, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »
checkout my newest LP!..........

..............lighter!! :-D :-D

wow ganda.. hehehe. dati me usb na lespaul ngayon pati lighter... hehehe.. siguradong chambered yan... hehehe

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1401 on: July 28, 2008, 01:05:30 AM »
ganda ng pup ng lighter mo hehehe.. burstbucker ba yan?
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1402 on: July 28, 2008, 01:56:10 AM »
wala po bang dealer ng greco sa philippines?

bro walang dealer dito nyan, at sa pagkakaalam ko, di na sila gumagawa ng mga lespaul copies ngayon (correct me if im wrong) sa pagkakaalam ko rin, ang ginagawa nilang copies ngayon eh yung zemaitis guitars which is licensed sila. siguro makaka hanap ka nalang mga used,, dito sa forum or I know everymusic can find you a used one but not brandnew. :-D

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:00:49 AM by juan_alderete »

Offline toybitz

« Reply #1403 on: July 28, 2008, 04:45:03 AM »
are all les pauls have fat necks or meron medyo thin necks na bagay for shredding,,, and  mabigat po ba ang epi lespauls? literallly? thaks! sorry for my ignornce

BAMF'S Epi LP Custom is really light.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1404 on: July 28, 2008, 05:46:41 AM »
meron pa ring greco... but they've expanded... may factory na sila sa china... or they just hire the pipol who also make guitars for the epiphone line to make guitars for them...

Offline tedi

« Reply #1405 on: July 28, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »
wala po bang dealer ng greco sa philippines?
may greco les paul custom ako.. black beauty.. for sale to dud.. txt mo sa 09162166868

Offline slash59

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1406 on: July 28, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »
may greco les paul custom ako.. black beauty.. for sale to dud.. txt mo sa 09162166868

ask ko lang po kung magkano and show photos of it please..
Gears:Custom LP,epiphone les paul(tobaco burst),boss ds1,rocktron zombie distortion,boss dd3,
danelectro fab chorus,korg pitchblack tuner,BOSS CE-5 chorus ensemble,BOSS SD-1,vox wah,behringer EQ,ibanez tube screamer(moded),Mg30dfx amp,laney

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1407 on: July 28, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
meron pa ring greco... but they've expanded... may factory na sila sa china... or they just hire the pipol who also make guitars for the epiphone line to make guitars for them...

ah ganun pala thankz for correcting. :-D wow, musta naman kaya yung mga quality nung mga MIC, pero sa tingin ko yung mga zemaitis copies nila superve rin.

Offline swinger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1408 on: July 29, 2008, 01:32:50 PM »
i went to a music store yesterday here in vietnam just to check whats new. that music store is like LUMANOG because most of the guitars there are custom made by them but more better in terms of tone, quality, craftsman etc.

never planning to buy anything, i went there merely not getting off my motorcycle, i saw an LP body goldtop hanging the ceiling with plastic cover. so i went inside not expecting anything but an LP copy, i was surprised to see the decal of the guitar. its a EPIPHONE les paul standard gold top! i took the guitar off the ceiling and start checking it out. with very light scratches, faulty intonation and dusty, merely rusty frets i ask the salesLADY how much? she said $250. i ask if it is second hand because of the condition of the guitar, she said its not. its just only because its hanging there for quite sometime and some of there staff are really careless.

i went back home to get some cash, got back to the store, ask the salesLADY maybe she can give a little more discount.... she gave it at $240 after 15min.

now tell me LP experts, is this a good find or not? its my very first time to own an LP by the way.

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1409 on: July 29, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »
Ganda niyan tapos good deal pa.

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1410 on: August 02, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »
at 240usd i you cant be blamed! congrats!

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1411 on: August 02, 2008, 10:44:53 PM »
i went to a music store yesterday here in vietnam just to check whats new. that music store is like LUMANOG because most of the guitars there are custom made by them but more better in terms of tone, quality, craftsman etc.

never planning to buy anything, i went there merely not getting off my motorcycle, i saw an LP body goldtop hanging the ceiling with plastic cover. so i went inside not expecting anything but an LP copy, i was surprised to see the decal of the guitar. its a EPIPHONE les paul standard gold top! i took the guitar off the ceiling and start checking it out. with very light scratches, faulty intonation and dusty, merely rusty frets i ask the salesLADY how much? she said $250. i ask if it is second hand because of the condition of the guitar, she said its not. its just only because its hanging there for quite sometime and some of there staff are really careless.

i went back home to get some cash, got back to the store, ask the salesLADY maybe she can give a little more discount.... she gave it at $240 after 15min.

now tell me LP experts, is this a good find or not? its my very first time to own an LP by the way.

Bro are you aware of the epi copies din ala payless gibson? talamak yan sa southeast asia. a lot of info on how to check if its legit or not. try googling bro. the 240usd price is awesome though if that's really legit. try to email gibson support and stuff, asa epiphone.com ung link. my friend got an epi lp padala ng gf nys from korea, bought it in ala-sta.mesa gtr shops sa korea, no flaws mula serial hangang pup logo mukhang legit. but he posted the pics sa mga forums for confirmation and emailed epiphone, sabi wala daw sa database nila ung gtr na un, MOP inlays and logo to top it off. meron mga guitar geek u can ask around sa mga foreighn forums din. i got my sg epi checked too, buti na lang legit...kakatakot talaga since an epi copy is kinda absurd to begin with...just my two cents. i forgot the site kasi e...nakabookmark dati sa mozilla ko but when i reformatted my pc nabura. sa epiphone.com forums ata pala.
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1412 on: August 03, 2008, 02:03:27 AM »
bro walang dealer dito nyan, at sa pagkakaalam ko, di na sila gumagawa ng mga lespaul copies ngayon (correct me if im wrong) sa pagkakaalam ko rin, ang ginagawa nilang copies ngayon eh yung zemaitis guitars which is licensed sila. siguro makaka hanap ka nalang mga used,, dito sa forum or I know everymusic can find you a used one but not brandnew. :-D

Holy Crap ZEMATIS  :-o is that yours Juan???
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline swinger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1413 on: August 03, 2008, 02:05:04 AM »
Bro are you aware of the epi copies din ala payless gibson? talamak yan sa southeast asia. a lot of info on how to check if its legit or not. try googling bro. the 240usd price is awesome though if that's really legit. try to email gibson support and stuff, asa epiphone.com ung link. my friend got an epi lp padala ng gf nys from korea, bought it in ala-sta.mesa gtr shops sa korea, no flaws mula serial hangang pup logo mukhang legit. but he posted the pics sa mga forums for confirmation and emailed epiphone, sabi wala daw sa database nila ung gtr na un, MOP inlays and logo to top it off. meron mga guitar geek u can ask around sa mga foreighn forums din. i got my sg epi checked too, buti na lang legit...kakatakot talaga since an epi copy is kinda absurd to begin with...just my two cents. i forgot the site kasi e...nakabookmark dati sa mozilla ko but when i reformatted my pc nabura. sa epiphone.com forums ata pala.

tenx for your concern sir, i really appreciate it.

yes, im aware of diff kinds of copy guitars especially stratocaster and les paul. i remember nung mid 90's makakatyamba ka ng magandang copya nyan sa sta. mesa. but, legit or not, this guitar is for keeps! like i said this is my first OWNED lp, madami na din akong natry pero, dahil nga mura eh binili ko na 'to. wala akong masabi sa tone nya! a lot of our guest in the hotel asking me, mostly musician and hobbyist alike if it is a gibson or if they already notice the decal, if i did change pickups! so far, lahat ng nakarinig ng tone eh ok ang review! i have a fender strat and tele thinline(humbuckers). to tell you the truth the LP can and will smoke my tele tone wise! :-D

i will try to post some soundclips soon as i get some parts replace. hindi ko kasi nagustuhan yung grover tuners saka yung saddles. kapag naka open string naririnig mo yung saddles hindi yung strings. but it is still minimal. now, for me, its about quality over brand name! :wink:

Offline swinger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1414 on: August 03, 2008, 02:08:19 AM »
Ganda niyan tapos good deal pa.
at 240usd i you cant be blamed! congrats!

salamat mga sir! mismo ang tone! iba talaga ang character ng LP!

Offline asaboy21

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1415 on: August 03, 2008, 05:36:07 PM »
 :-o

Ask lang poh kung saan nakakabili ng Les Paul Guitar??? Mga Magkano poh ba ang Gibson Les Paul Standard????

Offline pr3ach2all

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1416 on: August 03, 2008, 06:55:43 PM »
:-o

Ask lang poh kung saan nakakabili ng Les Paul Guitar??? Mga Magkano poh ba ang Gibson Les Paul Standard????
madaming mga les paul copies ngayon like rj, fernando, etc. which you can buy in jb music, rj guitar stores, and RAON. kung gusto mo mga epiphones and gibsons, your best bet will be on everymusic.com or PJC music. gibson les paul standards would cost you around 50-70k  :-)

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1417 on: August 09, 2008, 04:16:20 AM »

sir im not entirely sure but i suspect the goldtop may have been a very good copy.

why? look?

the knobs arent right. they should be tophats. the one you have a different set.

now its possible that someone who had this before would have changed it. but the odds of that is pretty slim considering the guitar appears (as you have mentioned as well), untouched and unused.

anyways, although we really cannot be sure, if theres any consolation, the guitar sounds kick a s s.
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline swinger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1418 on: August 09, 2008, 05:24:21 AM »
sir im not entirely sure but i suspect the goldtop may have been a very good copy.

why? look?

the knobs arent right. they should be tophats. the one you have a different set.

now its possible that someone who had this before would have changed it. but the odds of that is pretty slim considering the guitar appears (as you have mentioned as well), untouched and unused.

anyways, although we really cannot be sure, if theres any consolation, the guitar sounds kick a s s.

what do you mean sir? i think the knobs are the same as you posted sir. i checked it already at guitar center and musicians friend but they already discontinued selling this model.

im just waiting for an email from epiphone if the guitar is legit or not.

but, if not....... what the hell!it KICKS A@#$%! a cheap price for a very decent tone! HELL YEAH! :-D :-D :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1419 on: August 09, 2008, 03:18:18 PM »
:-D

Offline posera!!

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1420 on: August 09, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »
Oh abandoned hearts with a battle cry we move to You we surrender
oh lead us forth oh Lord for now is the time to show out Your love we're moving forward we'll wait no more
because Your spirit is strong Your spirit is strong

Offline pangalan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1421 on: August 09, 2008, 04:14:09 PM »
mga chong.. gusto ko sana bumili ng VOS goldtop... ano kaya mas maganda.. '54 '56 or '57? salamat!

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1422 on: August 09, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
mga chong.. gusto ko sana bumili ng VOS goldtop... ano kaya mas maganda.. '54 '56 or '57? salamat!

makinig ka muna clips bro... sa youtube... or go to gibsoncustom.com... :-D

Offline pangalan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1423 on: August 09, 2008, 04:44:02 PM »
makinig ka muna clips bro... sa youtube... or go to gibsoncustom.com... :-D

nag check nako chong.. i've been checking for the past few months. gusto ko lahat eh! hahhaha.. pero nangunguna yung '54 sa list coz of the wrap around tailpiece. meron din LP-295. bagong labas ata... sana manalo ako sa lotto!