hulika

Author Topic: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread  (Read 63520 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread
« on: May 15, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »
Kung may "Christian Guitarists thread", dapat meron ding "Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread".

First off, I am not here to spill some "Christianity vs. other religions" or invite any arguments like so.  We're here to talk about Guitarplayers who are known for their work in Occult or even satanic music.  Chill guys, it's just music.

Anyway, I'll start off. 

I used to think Metallica was satanic, so was Slayer.  I loved the riffs of Het and the leads of Kirk in the late 80s and early 90s (when I listened to their old stuff.)  It was aggressive, and when I heard Slayer, I said that was a nosebleed for people like me who had no knowledge about guitar.  Kerry and Jeff were like doing turkey-fight solos and it was something fresh to my ears.

As time passed, in '92, I heard heavier bands like Pantera (not at all antichrist or occult) and listened to something quite 'new' at the time- death metal.  I heard these obscure bands from the Earache and Nuclear Blast labels such as Benediction, Disharmonic Orchestra, Cadaver, etc.  The guitarsounds were so BAD (in a negative way) so it looked like the vocals were way too over-the-top.

Eventually I had a yearning for more evil stuff like Sepultura (again not real antichristian music) and eventually got into some Black metal.  Burzam, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Behemoth... yeah. 

Offline fzeppelin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:31:18 PM »
What kind of a sick person would think of a thread title like this. Its politically incorrect, crass and uncivil. This HATE thread should be locked.

Offline splice

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »
What kind of a sick person would think of a thread title like this. Its politically incorrect, crass and uncivil. This HATE thread should be locked.

Thread subject should be changed to "Anti-Christian MUSIC Guitarists Thread" as the original subject is apparently, well, you know what. I'm not a big fan of Christianity myself, but the thread subject is misleading.

But maybe this thread deserves to be locked. Hatred will eventually come knockin'
BLUES!
"Without music, life would be an error." - F. Nietzsche

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »
Thread subject should be changed to "Anti-Christian MUSIC Guitarists Thread" as the original subject is apparently, well, you know what. I'm not a big fan of Christianity myself, but the thread subject is misleading.

But maybe this thread deserves to be locked. Hatred will eventually come knockin'

no offense to skunky but i second this. 
Pulling Teeth!

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 04:29:33 PM »
suskupo, kinilabutan naman ako sa thread title sir.  :lol:

not if everyone who answers sticks to the topic.

which TS described earlier, is about the "MUSIC"

*cheers.*

well that's in my opinion of course.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:45:47 PM »
Sorry, but where is the HATE in what skunky said? You brought it here, not him. And if you read his post carefully and ATTEMPT TO USE A BIT OF COMPREHENSION then you'll see what he means by "Anti-Christian Guitarists". :roll:

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »
 From the thread rules and regulations.

2. Fighting is not tolerated here. RESPECT each other's opinions!
- Fighting won't be tolerated here. If you wish to continue fighting against each other, do it somewhere else.

Offline Daemon Transmission

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
Ok to be politically correct this should be renamed " Satanic Guitarist Thread". This thread should not be bullied and be forced to be locked, like it or not there are a lot of people who listen to and play music that can be described as "satanic". There is nothing wrong with being a Satanist just like there is nothing wrong with being a Buddist, Hindu or an atheist. Personally Im not into Death, Grind, Black metal and the like, Im more into punk and im an atheist but Id listen to "satanic music" over christian stuff any day.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:07:12 PM by Daemon Transmission »
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!

LET THE ROCK-OFF BEGIN!!
I'M THE DEVIL, I LOVE METAL!

Offline sidangelo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »

it's just about music. skunky do not promote "satanism", if there is such a thing. its all about the music. no need to be locked IMO :-D :-D

Offline splice

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »
Suggestion ko lang sa thread starter. Please change the subject of the thread to, perhaps, "anti-Christian MUSIC guitarists thread" para mas malinaw. Baka kasi mamaya nyan ang isipin eh ang topic ay tungkol sa Christianity per se. Magiging magulo dito sa tingin ko kung relihiyon na ang usapan (kung sabagay, kahit naman musika ang topic nagiging magulo pa rin minsan).
BLUES!
"Without music, life would be an error." - F. Nietzsche

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 06:41:57 PM »
It's summertime in philmusic.. :-D

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »
haha count me in!

Black Metal, Death Metal, Thrash, Crossover, Industrial, Crust you name it...

TONE JAM na! (What tone?)  :evil:

Offline peabrain12789

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 06:53:02 PM »
CHAG CHAG CHERRRRR!!!!!!!!!
 CHAG CHAG CHEEEEEE!!!!
CHAG CHAG CHAG CHAG WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

GRRRR!!! GRRRRR!!!! WAAH WAH WAH!!!

^ = metal riff yan kala nyo kung anong sadistic spell no/?

cool guys.... if this thread goes above beyond then it should be locked but as of now... no reason for this thread to be locked....
REFERENCES,
prank_sinatra,
gitardy, ian1226, black_diamond, souljp21, bossingboss, BryanLP, colorless_crayola, Solidblur, karmah_lyme, Gholghol, electrosushi, pochbelmonte, kilo_pi, bhaachico, oloc, kalel23, plugzz, kalasagnibajula, and many more...

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »
The pendulum of dichotomy swings...

I'm tempted to say that those threads have been offending the athiests, satanists, pagans and occultists for the longest time.  :-D

skunky's thread balances the force of *good with...an ode to :evil:

I cant believe I'm posting here!  :-P

*depending on what your interpretation of good is. Following our guitaristic arguments on how relative goodness is with regard to tone, playing and gear  :roll:

Let the end... begin!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 07:02:14 PM by psychic_sushi »
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »
this topic is way out there  :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »
The pendulum of dichotomy swings...

I'm tempted to say that those threads have been offending the athiests, satanists, pagans and occultists for the longest time.  :-D

skunky's thread balances the force of *good with...an ode to :evil:

I cant believe I'm posting here!  :-P

*depending on what your interpretation of good is. Following our guitaristic arguments on how relative goodness is with regard to tone, playing and gear  :roll:

Let the end... begin!

the introspection of one's belief has been ousted by this thread...   :-P

any other guitarist that has been believed to play the opposing entity's songs of death and destruction?

i also can't believe i'm here... but then again, i'm just looking at technique and listening to tones... not really behind the context of the lyrics of a song...   :-P

:lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:30:25 PM by masterchoxter »
[

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »

.... Let the end... begin!

^anton, looks like you have been influenced by the Terminator 4 trailer :-D

AFAIK, it all started with this genre called Heavy Metal Rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music
then came this and that. blah, blah, blah...

yes we are posting here. for reasons we would probably find out later as this thread progress or otherwise.  :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil:
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline am i clear?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »
Music Forum naman to guys eh, why lock? Kung Religion Forum to eh, title pa lang lock agad.

Anyways, meron bang may lakas ng loob na magsasabing Anti-Christ sya dito sa Philmusic?

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
to TS; uh the way the thread is titled might be offending to others, just kinda change it a bit but dude i see your topic :-D

Guys, he did say that it was about satanic and occult based music, just chill :-D
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »
Flash back to the 80's man!

Rock and roll in its most basic form was pegged at being anti-christian for a long time. Now its just ordinary music.

Tipper Gore would love this thread!  :-D She'd be banging her head to Ozzy and Priest

yeah!

"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline keida

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 09:45:58 PM »
Finally!

the "christian" title was a bit annoying.
what makes it special over other belief systems anyway?

i dunno if i would classify myself as atheist or agnostic,
but labeling oneself is kinda silly.

i definitely believe though that if it weren't for non christian guitarists/musicmakers/artists/visionaries modern music would be immensely boring.

pagans, bhuddists, hindu, muslim, atheists, satanists, etc musicmakers, my hats off to you for making good music without dragging your belief systems and over labeling yourselves as one.
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax
-to see with eyes unclouded by hate -

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »
what?! destroy skunky!!!  :-P
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline ghostalker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »
I would suggest "secular guitarists thread"

The intention is good, but the Title may lead to some misunderstandings.
God Bless!
Rockin' for Jesus 

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »
its the lyrics that make one satanic or not. But definitely not on the guitar lines sound is still sound to me. but if you play for one it suits like it.