hulika

Author Topic: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread  (Read 63521 times)

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Anti-Christian Guitarists Thread
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2013, 09:41:02 AM »
Ganda nung Fortin
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline ziondelapena

« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »
My two cents regarding sa title, siguro kaya may mga nagalit ay dahil sa word na "Anti," which basically means being against kung pagbabasehan yung context. Kung ipapapalit man, ang mas reasonable na suggestion ay "Non-Christian Guitarists Thread," para mas maintindihan na yung thread ay tungkol sa pagiging "hindi Kristiyano" kesa "tutol sa Kristyano."

Offline Kusanagi

« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
I think majority of metal bands incorporate dark, "occult" or even anti-Christian lyrics to their music as it appeals to the mass but I'm not sure if they are really intentional about it or they really do it for the sake of selling their music. Sorry for the biased statement, hate me if you like but it's just my opinion as a Christian (and based on my own experience) that Satan might somehow use these bands to blur our point of view and perspectives toward life and to make us love more of this world, and not only metal bands, pop artists can be used as medium too. But I'm not totally against secular music, I am also an avid listener of non-Christian artists. What I want to share is the importance of knowing first about what a song's lyrics want to convey. I believe there's nothing wrong in listening to secular songs as long as their lyrics are wholesome or positive.

Offline jaykazama

• Netizen Level
« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »
kung ganun lang din naman pwede namang Devilish music thread why put anti-christians :)
May the force be with you \,,/_

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2013, 02:44:30 PM »
waiting for the HINDU guitarists thread, muslim guitarists thread as well  :)
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2013, 05:03:24 PM »
I think majority of metal bands incorporate dark, "occult" or even anti-Christian lyrics to their music as it appeals to the mass but I'm not sure if they are really intentional about it or they really do it for the sake of selling their music. Sorry for the biased statement, hate me if you like but it's just my opinion as a Christian (and based on my own experience) that Satan might somehow use these bands to blur our point of view and perspectives toward life and to make us love more of this world, and not only metal bands, pop artists can be used as medium too. But I'm not totally against secular music, I am also an avid listener of non-Christian artists. What I want to share is the importance of knowing first about what a song's lyrics want to convey. I believe there's nothing wrong in listening to secular songs as long as their lyrics are wholesome or positive.

ah basta ako hindi ako "anti" diyan sa avatar mo.  :cute:

Offline Kusanagi

« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »
ah basta ako hindi ako "anti" diyan sa avatar mo.  :cute:

Sharingan hehe  :razz:

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »
badass thread title hahaha

Offline shadowalk

« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
Naalala ko dati bumili ako ng cassette ng Metallica black album tapos hinahanap ko talaga yung mga 'satanic' lyrics (na-curious lang talaga ako haha) yun pala wala talaga hahaha.

Tapos napasama ako sa pinsan ko papuntang U-belt sa Recto tapos nagpakopya ako nung tape ng Slayer Hell Awaits...ayun, andun ang mga hinahanap ko. All the Satanic/evil/ominous/occult stuff in the most visceral form that I've encountered during that time. I mean sure nowadays you've got bands like Marduk, Behemoth and Belphegor doing...what they do best but for me listening to those bands now never did compare to when I first heard Hell Awaits. Yun talaga yung mapapa "woah! uy teka lang!" ka. :-D

As for the thread title, well I personally don't care about Christianity or religion itself for that matter. Whatever floats your boat guys, we're all individuals.

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »
I like what Satan means to me.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Lord Hypnos

« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »
If left uncontrolled, this thread may become the official Internet Metal Nerd Thread. FilMet scenesters will rejoice! :-D

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/09/12/are-you-an-internet-metal-nerd-im-here-to-help/
"Revenge is a meal best served cold."

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »
Dio.

Offline bass monster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2013, 05:19:11 AM »
even without prior knowledge of why the tritone was banned in the middle ages, once you hear that played as a riff on guitar ---  >:D
☠☠☠☠☠☠

Offline Daemon Transmission

« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2013, 09:04:23 PM »
Rise from the grave!
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

akoangsimula

« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »
Naku lagot ka Skunky madami magagalit sayo niyan! :D Goodluck

Offline ernisan

« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2013, 04:54:23 AM »
wow.. reaally... has anybody seen satan or lucifer in person... only believe what you see... for all you know there might not be heaven nor hell... when you die you just turn off like your pc... so just enjoy life and make music. be it death metal punk jazz folk as long as after you play, you and your audience have that "feel good" effect..
"muscle memory... ciprado... zapote..."

Offline Daemon Transmission

« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »
Dude its all fun. Satan, god, gods, heaven, hell, elysium, hansel and gretel, willy wlinka. Pcs take too long to rot we much quicker. I dont believe in invisible beings that live in sky, but its a fun story.
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov