hulika

Author Topic: Baker 55 vs. Baker 41  (Read 37559 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Baker 55 vs. Baker 41
« Reply #350 on: December 29, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
And since we are talking about the #41's burst, here is a picture of #43.  Sister of my #41.

This belongs to Peter Faragher -- senior member of gearpage.net . Suggest you tell him the same comments you told me.

Offline Kulas

« Reply #351 on: December 29, 2007, 09:00:27 AM »
PS:  Miraculously, nakuha na ung reso ko kahapon. Woohoo!  Variax acoustic na to. :-D

congrats! dami mong pera ah! happy new gear na! hehe.

yung reply ko naman dun sa 1st point eh thru PM na lang (to avoid the sensationalism, hehe)

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #352 on: December 29, 2007, 10:16:18 AM »
Comparison lang ha.

Here's the 41...

...and the 43

I can't help but comment. Pero mas maganda yata yung burst ng #43 kay sa #41.

Take note: Consistent daw ang trabaho ni Gene Baker.

You decide.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »
Kasi pare hindi sya tulad mo na pag nag GAS eh sa sariling bulsa galing ang pera.

Post mo nga uli mga acquisitions mo dito hehehehe

Sya galing sa pondo ng MARIWASA! at sa LOLA nya! hahahahahhaa

Dude, this is completely unnecessary. Wag na sana umabot sa ganyan. While Alex did post some stinging comments about others' guitars and such, di naman inuungkat ng tao yung mga kabuhayan ninyo. This is a guitar forum so stick to talking about guitars and not about how a person's grandmother buys his gear. It's good that he has those resources to fund his guitar fetishes but in the first place, hindi kabuhayan natin ang pinag-uusapan dito kundi yung Baker guitars lang.

Posts such as this are really irrelevant and only mess up the objectivity of this thread even more.

Calm down, guys. This thread is close to being locked.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2007, 10:28:52 AM »
Were you the one who suggested the name SOUL BENDERS?

You brought up the issue of lack of censorship on me.  It so happens that you had me censored for a gig announcement on a band name that we don't know if you really suggested.  True its an OT.   Yes or No lang.

Tsk tsk... yan ang tipong sagot na meron lang masamag motive e. What's your point?  Ano pinagmamalaki mo?   How are you involved in all these?  Kung manager ka pa ng sampung variety band gaya ng Smorgasband, ano kinalaman mo sa banda na tinayo at tinataguyod ko?  I can't understand your crusade in discrediting my band, and I'm really appalled how much you get away with it. 

Your nitpicking is only exposing further how your claims are standing on quicksand.  Any one can read back and see that it's a moot point, and even if it were not, you are only putting people in unfavorable light because they can't entirely take credit for it.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #355 on: December 29, 2007, 10:37:03 AM »
This is a guitar forum so stick to talking about guitars ...

Ian - Do you think Alex has stuck to ONLY "talking about guitars" in this thread?  Mukhang iba ata personal experience ko in this thread and in other threads.

Offline hardcore misery

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #356 on: December 29, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »
OT: sir deltaslim, tuloy pa ba yung challenge niyo ni sir firemodel this dec.30?
BOSS MetalZone II / GTX-BOSTON HeavyMetal 100 OVERKILL MOD
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,71925.0.html

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2007, 10:41:57 AM »
congrats! dami mong pera ah! happy new gear na! hehe.

yung reply ko naman dun sa 1st point eh thru PM na lang (to avoid the sensationalism, hehe)

Thanks bro. Replied to your PM.  I don't like tabloid-style posts either, kaso someone doesn't want to settle this outside the forum, tuloy pa rin ang banat sa akin, pati ata mga peklat ko papansinin nito.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #358 on: December 29, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »
OT: sir deltaslim, tuloy pa ba yung challenge niyo ni sir firemodel this dec.30?

I already called that off.  Besides, alam na natin ang kalalabasan nun. Even if we suspend reason and agree that his guitars are better than 99.5%, siya pa rin ang biggest factor/variable sa tone nya.  ;-)

Offline strat62

« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2007, 11:12:30 AM »
Moderator, please lock this thread.. This is not about Baker anymore.  All I see are personal attacks and counter attacks from highly regarded and intelligent friends..

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #360 on: December 29, 2007, 11:21:09 AM »
Moderator, please lock this thread.. This is not about Baker anymore.  All I see are personal attacks and counter attacks from highly regarded and intelligent friends..

i second the motion.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #361 on: December 29, 2007, 11:21:33 AM »
some more pics:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #362 on: December 29, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »
some more pics:

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #363 on: December 29, 2007, 11:32:31 AM »
nice guitars sir.. really nice...  :-o

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #364 on: December 29, 2007, 11:36:06 AM »
wow. 22 pages.  :-o

mr. vhunter
  i am in no way jealous of this person's gear. he can have all his precious money and gear. i have the glory of playing for an audience. you do play live gigs, correct? does the crowd care about your gear or your music? i think they prefer the latter. well anyway, my point is that jealousy is nowhere near the cause of my actions. has anyone ever said the phrase "people like you" to you? ever notice how insulting that phrase is? it seems that he wishes to stand above the rest of us. whilst i simply stated that from the two video clips, i prefer the sound produced by the elegee and not the baker. and i'm not judging this by those bends alone. even with the lick played, i did not like the sound of the baker. now who in your view is an ass?

dude... you do realize that this thread started going downhill because of your initial posts right?  resurrecting those youtube vids was wrong, just wrong and you know it.  one vid was intended as a real demo of a guitar, and the other was not... and yet you exploited the heck out of it.  bad form dude.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #365 on: December 29, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
Joric / Alex -- Guys, tama na please?  Take it offline.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #366 on: December 29, 2007, 12:16:05 PM »
the Baker guitars are nice. tried one too but was not immediately sold on it - that is just me and I'd rather get a nice amp instead. and, uh, why so many pictures? the first few ones would've sufficed to let other forumers know what the things looked like, you know? the price and pedigree is quite enough to let people know the workmanship is top notch. i'd prefer more interesting discussions like - how was it built, how do you think it was built, how does it perform live when you play it, you know? all this talk about it being better than 99% of the guitars out there isn't helping anyone become a better guitar player especially because we haven't heard this guitar put through its paces!

if you ask me, the absence of constructive gear discussion and playing of the actual guitar is only fanning the flames on this thread...i don't think this thread is going to fulfill any good purpose.

@PRSMan: uy - speaking of amps, weren't you getting a new amp? which one was that?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:18:32 PM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #367 on: December 29, 2007, 12:24:13 PM »
the Baker guitars are nice. tried one too but was not immediately sold on it - that is just me and I'd rather get a nice amp instead. and, uh, why so many pictures? the first few ones would've sufficed to let other forumers know what the things looked like, you know? the price and pedigree is quite enough to let people know the workmanship is top notch. i'd prefer more interesting discussions like - how was it built, how do you think it was built, how does it perform live when you play it, you know? all this talk about it being better than 99% of the guitars out there isn't helping anyone become a better guitar player especially because we haven't heard this guitar put through its paces!

if you ask me, the absence of constructive gear discussion and playing of the actual guitar is only fanning the flames on this thread...i don't think this thread is going to fulfill any good purpose.

@PRSMan: uy - speaking of amps, weren't you getting a new amp? which one was that?

the owner is just being proud and "passionate" for his stuff IMHO.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #368 on: December 29, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »
Joric / Alex -- Guys, tama na please?  Take it offline.

PRSMan  -  Bro, I don't know how many times I've said and have tried to take this offline with Alex.  It's not just talk, mind you.  After our past tiffs, I made an effort to be nice to Alex in person, even shaking his hand on occasion.  But we all see he refuses to settle this outside, or stop stabbing me in the back just because I have a differing opinion about his gear.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2007, 12:33:36 PM »

I got an older model K&M custom several weeks back, and am waiting for the 2x12 cab that the original owner is building for me.  I was in the market for a 15-20 watt amp pero saka na... 'saving up for another git...  :-D

Offline Kulas

« Reply #370 on: December 29, 2007, 12:36:41 PM »
hay nako, i've had it with this thread...

...makapag-browse na lang nga sa classifieds, hehe.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #371 on: December 29, 2007, 01:24:09 PM »
I got an older model K&M custom several weeks back, and am waiting for the 2x12 cab that the original owner is building for me.  I was in the market for a 15-20 watt amp pero saka na... 'saving up for another git...  :-D

another Baker?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #372 on: December 29, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »
Ha ha!  Nah, not a Baker.

BTW, nasa Virginia ka right?  I'm here in Fairfax until Sunday.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #373 on: December 29, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »
another Baker?
knowing PRSMAN ...its another $10K and up axe na naman.  :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #374 on: December 29, 2007, 02:06:22 PM »
Ian - Do you think Alex has stuck to ONLY "talking about guitars" in this thread?  Mukhang iba ata personal experience ko in this thread and in other threads.

Yeah, pare-pareho na lang nagkaka-off topican na dito e.

As requested, this thread is now locked.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20