hulika

Author Topic: Questions regarding soundcraft mixer...  (Read 1718 times)

Offline meinldrummer

Questions regarding soundcraft mixer...
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »
I use soundcraft mixer mfx12. May built in po na vocal effects. Ano po ang magandang gamitin na effects at settings?
En Masse Sounds and Lights. For musicians by musicians...

Offline my_legacy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Questions regarding soundcraft mixer...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:40:06 PM »
I use soundcraft mixer mfx12. May built in po na vocal effects. Ano po ang magandang gamitin na effects at settings?

Mga masters i have almost the same question with my Yamaha MG32.Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
For all your sound System needs!!! visit... http://groundzeropro.multiply.com/

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:13:39 AM »
If you mean using the fx in a recording, I would rather record vocals dry and use the internal fx only in the monitoring chain. Most internal fx were intended for live use, negating the need to bring a separate outboard fx during gigs.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bloodshedd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:10:46 AM »
Mga masters i have almost the same question with my Yamaha MG32.Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

For recording ba or pang-live???
               I use an MG24 in one studio and nung naka M-Audio DELTA 1010 pa kame eh I just get signals from the inserts if we are recording by track or me pre-mixed groups pag live recording. Ok naman sya until we got a ProjectMix I/O... We compared the signals from the inserts vs. the projectmix' preamps... Mas tahimik and buhay dun sa mic pre ng projectmix. So yun na yung ginamit namin...

Ok naman sya pang live... maayos din yung layout and usable yung on-board effects pero syempre hindi gaano ma-tweak... good thing marami syang provisions for aux so meron din akong Ultrafex and Alesis MIDIVERB. So far for basic reverbration ng vocals eh ok na sya... alalay lang sa settings...

Gud Luck!!! Rak!!!

For JB MUSIC AND SPORTS' big discounts and 0% installment deals.... Check out https://www.facebook.com/JBMusicPh

Contact JB MUSIC ALABANG TOWN CENTER @ 809-1726 and 842-9545  Check out BADBURN @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Badburn/114672008558924?ref=

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »

There are a few popular types of reverbs (also known as "algorithms") that almost all reverb units will create. These include hall, plate, room, chamber, and gate.

The hall is probably the most common reverb type used, and is considered by many as the most versatile. Choose this algorithm  when you want to create halls, arenas, and large concert spaces. This type is good for creating the "main" reverb in a mix that many instruments will be sent thru.

The plate algorithm recreates the metal plate reverbs that are still used in high-end studios. Plates tend to be thinner and brighter, with an unnaturally long high-frequency decay, Plate reverbs are good for drums, cymbals and vocals, as they are bright and "splashy."

The room algorithm is optimized for simulating small spaces, be they bathrooms or closets or living rooms. In general, room reverbs do not sound very good when simulating large spaces, as their delays are optimized for smaller reverbs.

The chamber algorithm is similar to the room, but is often better for creating larger and brighter rooms. Many reverbs do not include this type, as the room algorithm will usually cover this territory.

The gate algorithm has a totally unnatural decay that most often stops abruptly. Some units offer a separate control over hold time (how long the reverb sustains at full level) and release time (how long it takes to close back down to silence). The gate reverb is most often used (and overused) on percussive material and drums.

One offshoot of the gated reverb is the reverse reverb. With a reverse reverb, the reverb signal starts at silence, ramps up slowly to the loudest point, and then decays very quickly. It has a characteristic similar to the gated reverb, except it ramps up instead of instantaneously appearing after the input signal.

Reference:
Peavey Answer Book Series
Signal Processors by Andrew Schlesinger
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 11:56:34 PM »
soundcrat MFXi model any reviews?

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »
as for my fender 600watts powered 16ch console mixer the Plates are superb..