hulika

Author Topic: I have MONO  (Read 38580 times)

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
I have MONO
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »
The Gig bag. hahah. I just got my mono Gig bag from Jeff and I thought I'd put up a quick review.

Jeff is a class A guy. Straight up and nice dude. Almost bent over backwards to make the deal happen so I have to give him props. The case is nice and classy. I like the insides. Definitely better than anything  you can pickup in RJ or JB. Its definitely up there with the Gator Semi Hard cases.

Now heres the thing:

Can it do les pauls?

My answer NO.

I wouldnt use it for a les paul.. but its definitely the best in its class and will give a les paul guitar way more support than a standard gig bag (if you must absolutely use a gig bag for your les paul). If you are playing an angled headstock guitar, the only way to go is hard case or semi hard case. Gig bags are not really an option unless you are comfortable risking your headstock.  

With that out of the way, this is the PERFECT bag for just about anything else. My suhr fits perfectly, same with my fenders and PRS guitars! Id definitely buy another one if i needed another one (which will most likely be never coz this thing looks like it will last a lifetime). Lastly, The PRS SE gig bag is a damn good Gig bag but the MONO is waaaay ahead of it in terms of quality and guitar protection. I cant recommend this enough for anyone that wants one.

If you love your guitar.. get MONO.

If you love your Les Paul Keep it in its hard case.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:12:34 AM by vhunter »

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: I have MONO
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
thanks for the props man and thanks for this review.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:20:57 AM »
good to hear and thanks for the VD (v-hunter description)

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:21:42 AM »
Great review! Got me GASsing for one na! Can't wait to get mine. :evil:

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »
Great review! Got me GASsing for one na! Can't wait to get mine. :evil:

kunin mo na.. :evil:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:24:34 AM »
cool review.. really helpful.. though i thought you'd approve it for a Les Paul..  :-P

i have a PRS SE gigbag too, and i think that it is really one hell of a good gigbag.. if the MONO is way better that it, then i have to agree that it is one real gigbag monster..  :evil:

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 12:26:52 AM »

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 02:22:59 PM »
1 for my new project guitar soon. ill get teh straps first.  :-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 02:26:16 PM »
Ang hirap lang kasi sa hardcase kapag nagco-commute ka :-( Tapos may dala ka pang pedalboard.. hay.. :cry:

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 02:26:39 PM »
1 for my new project guitar soon. ill get teh straps first.  :-D

nice!

Offline ihopethisnamecounts

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
i have a mono gig bag as well, got if from jeff.. mabait yang si jeff and he is really easy to deal with..

now, for a short review of the gig bag:

i always have my LP in a hardcase and lug it around to church every practice.. while i have no problems with that, i still need to bring my pedals along and it's pretty hard to move with two heavy stuff on your hands while commuting.. i needed something light na pwede kong bitbitin sa likod..

while the mono case definitely can't provide the same protection as a hardcase, it offers a lot more protection than any other gig bags.. i feel comfortable putting my LP there, nakasuspend pa din naman yung headstock kahit angled sya.. it still feels a bit spacious inside though even with a lot of thick cushions around the guitar already..

eitherway, i am fine with the risk associated with carrying a gig bag since i think kaya naman niya i-withstand yung minor bumps.. but if i would be in a place with a lot commotion/bumping, i definitely would use a hard case.. until then, i think i'll be fine with the mono.. :-D

and i really like the cushion under the strap pin and the neckbrace design..

@jeff: btw, i still owe you the pics of the gigbag.. :-D will post it here soon..
"Whether I'm wrong or right, please keep my life in sight and never take Your eyes off me..."

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 10:42:18 AM »
^^ oi thanks sa review...sige, for sure worth the wait naman yang pics mo eh. thanks tsong.

Offline brokenstalker

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 11:18:47 AM »
MERON PO NITO SA LAHAT NG BRANCHES NG JB AND RJ?

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »

wala.
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »

check my sig bro.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »
haven't seen any mono straps locally but i've been eyeing them since hearing about the things a few months back. i am just concerned that while the pads are memory foam-ish, the poly coating might cause my basses to tilt which is why i've favored thick leather straps for a long time.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 12:26:29 PM »
haven't seen any mono straps locally but i've been eyeing them since hearing about the things a few months back. i am just concerned that while the pads are memory foam-ish, the poly coating might cause my basses to tilt which is why i've favored thick leather straps for a long time.

hope i could answer your query but i'm still waiting for the straps sample to arrive. but once they do, i'll post a review since i've been getting a lot of questions on whether it could remedy neck dive problems.

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
got one of these too, from jeff.. (thanks jeff!  :mrgreen:)
idol ko kasi si vhunter so pag ok sa kanya ok din sakin  :)

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »
got one of these too, from jeff.. (thanks jeff!  :mrgreen:)
idol ko kasi si vhunter so pag ok sa kanya ok din sakin  :)

:-D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 11:08:27 AM »
hope i could answer your query but i'm still waiting for the straps sample to arrive. but once they do, i'll post a review since i've been getting a lot of questions on whether it could remedy neck dive problems.

i'd appreciate a review on that. for me, i am mainly interested in its comfort level. my basses are quite heavy but the neck dive doesn't bother me as much as the weight of the bass wearing me down over 2 hour-3 hour sets.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »
i'd appreciate a review on that. for me, i am mainly interested in its comfort level. my basses are quite heavy but the neck dive doesn't bother me as much as the weight of the bass wearing me down over 2 hour-3 hour sets.

a ok, so more on the padding pala. ok i'll try to address that on the review. just waiting for the straps to arrive.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 12:04:13 AM »
@abyss

just got the straps today, and i think it will adequately address your concerns. just found out that all the strap models have the same inner side

it's got some grip to it and the memory foam really holds its own when used with heavy basses. will try it this sunday on our church's hefty yamaha bass, but my initial evaluation on it (i'm using my ibanez soundgear) was that it really eases some weight. will deliver some to turi tomorrow, hopefully he'll do a better job on making a review since i'm not that good  :-D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 12:11:10 AM »
@jefisipbata: thanks, pare. let me know if the strap works well against neck heavy basses. reason I like leather straps is that they have good grip to em in addition to being wide but they lack in the padding department. it'd be nice not having a deformed clavicle as a result of playing:) advanced matsalams kay Turi din.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »
@jefisipbata: thanks, pare. let me know if the strap works well against neck heavy basses. reason I like leather straps is that they have good grip to em in addition to being wide but they lack in the padding department. it'd be nice not having a deformed clavicle as a result of playing:) advanced matsalams kay Turi din.

will do that this sunday, 'coz soundgears' light compared to traditional basses. sakto nga we recently got this ultra heavy vintage yamaha in our church, not really sure of the model (looks like this http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=62222&CTID=5067500 but neck thru and have logged almost twenty years). that bass weighs a ton.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »
will do that this sunday, 'coz soundgears' light compared to traditional basses. sakto nga we recently got this ultra heavy vintage yamaha in our church, not really sure of the model (looks like this http://www.yamaha.com/guitars/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=62222&CTID=5067500 but neck thru and have logged almost twenty years). that bass weighs a ton.
that thing must sound sweet. reminds me of michael anthony's (ex-Van Halen) choice of bass.