hulika

Author Topic: Guitar Workshop, Aug. 29 (Thanks mods! I think this thread is done)  (Read 29152 times)

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Guitar Workshop, Aug. 29, Headstock Bar.
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »
sulit yung clinic, galing mo talaga bro anton, ginutom tuloy ako dito panay fud na usapan  :lol:

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2010, 10:36:32 PM »
^ thanks to anton and papotz we were able to make a super sulit clinic for all.  :-)

sushi buffet guitar workshop, yun ang malufeet.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
Psychic Sushi's "Superextendedscale" Aeolian 8-)

holy .....

Man, that looks... killer!

Anyways, based on how things are, i'll probably set a part two around November/December-ish.

We'll focus more on the phrasing aspect for this one, so it wont be too varied. I felt like the last clinic was a teaser (and overkill for some!) and i noticed the particular interest in phrasing. I'd love to take a deep dive at that and share it.

time is the enemy... i'm also working on getting a band together. i'd like to flex my compositional skill (it's all been improv for the past few years). things have been unfolding nicely, even at its most "infantile" stage, so i'm excited at getting music out with these talented guys  :-) plus, it's good catharsis for what i'm going through.

I would also like to work on getting a custom od pedal out of some sort. i want to refine my tone further, and i'm learning new things...

there's no end to it! :-D
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »
ano ba yan nagutom ako sa mga pinost niyo, si sir anton ulam na yung mga licks sa gitara tapos maghahain pa kayo ng buffet? damn!! 2nd part of sushi must materialize hehehe may foods daw eh hehehe.....(joke lang mga sir) busog na ako marinig ko lang kayong tumugtog ( sir anton, abstract, mico, sana makapunta si sir jano fullpack clinic hehe)

Offline boncram

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2010, 03:26:01 AM »
may i ask kung ano po yung gamit niyong pedal nung clinic? ganda ng tone eh. was it the abomb o yung kay musikerochan?

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
ano ba yan nagutom ako sa mga pinost niyo, si sir anton ulam na yung mga licks sa gitara tapos maghahain pa kayo ng buffet? damn!! 2nd part of sushi must materialize hehehe may foods daw eh hehehe.....(joke lang mga sir) busog na ako marinig ko lang kayong tumugtog ( sir anton, abstract, mico, sana makapunta si sir jano fullpack clinic hehe)

hehehe.

According to jon, janno was supposed to drop by. but he's always busy.

may i ask kung ano po yung gamit niyong pedal nung clinic? ganda ng tone eh. was it the abomb o yung kay musikerochan?

Sure thing! and thank you for the compliment.

For the majority of the demonstrations, it was the a-bomb. sadly, caco has went into a "break" of some sort (i hate to pre-empt his status, but that's what he told me since i was wondering why he wasnt so active anymore). this kinda means that only he and I have the pedal. you think its worth reissuing? its a fine piece of machinery, i wish more people can get some of its mojo.

Ron Kirn

Offline boncram

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2010, 08:50:34 AM »
hehehe.

According to jon, janno was supposed to drop by. but he's always busy.

Sure thing! and thank you for the compliment.

For the majority of the demonstrations, it was the a-bomb. sadly, caco has went into a "break" of some sort (i hate to pre-empt his status, but that's what he told me since i was wondering why he wasnt so active anymore). this kinda means that only he and I have the pedal. you think its worth reissuing? its a fine piece of machinery, i wish more people can get some of its mojo.

yep sana gumawa ulit siya ng abomb. i would love to get one. ganda talaga ng tone niyo nun :)

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »
quote author=psychic_sushi

holy .....

Anyways, based on how things are, i'll probably set a part two around November/December-ish.

We'll focus more on the phrasing aspect for this one, so it wont be too varied. I felt like the last clinic was a teaser (and overkill for some!) and i noticed the particular interest in phrasing. I'd love to take a deep dive at that and share it.

time is the enemy... i'm also working on getting a band together. i'd like to flex my compositional skill (it's all been improv for the past few years). things have been unfolding nicely, even at its most "infantile" stage, so i'm excited at getting music out with these talented guys  :-) plus, it's good catharsis for what i'm going through.

I would also like to work on getting a custom od pedal out of some sort. i want to refine my tone further, and i'm learning new things...

[/quote]

i'm also working on getting a band together. i'd like to flex my compositional skill (it's all been improv for the past few years).

Now that's really, really something to look forward to... 

_____________________________________________________________________ ___

goin back to the 1st workshop material...

Part IV. Let's Get Mental ( soloing approaches )

ii. Form: The Bigger Picture

d. Quoting / Borrowing another musician's phrase

I remember ( some decades back ) listening to Hendrix, & being amused ( & confused ) when he throws in some Frank Sinatra ballads in the middle of his solos... ( like "Strangers In The Night" )

& also, being a John Mc Laughlin freak ( just like gabe ascalon ), we were listening to the album "Love Dovotion, Surrender" & in one of the tunes - " A Love Supreme " ( by John Coltrane ),  Carlos Santana
"qouted" George Benson's "Brezzin" melody in the middle of his solo... 8-) I find that really cool... & effective also.  whenever i ran out of ideas while playing/improvising on a jazz tune; i try to pull out that "Benson lick" & it always works out.  :lol:

Jaco Pastorius also pulled out something like that when he played w/ Zawinul's Weather Report...
@ the middle of his solo, Jaco "quotes" that famous melody fm "The Sound Music" ( "the hills are alive"... )
& that was freggin' awesome!

was that bob dylan who said... "good musicians borrow... Great musicians steal " !!!  :-D

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »
yep sana gumawa ulit siya ng abomb. i would love to get one. ganda talaga ng tone niyo nun :)

Thanks for the compliment bro, lemme see if i can talk him into it. Worst case scenario there might have to be an alternative. I will keep you posted.

quote author=psychic_sushi

holy .....

i'm also working on getting a band together. i'd like to flex my compositional skill (it's all been improv for the past few years).

Now that's really, really something to look forward to... 

_____________________________________________________________________ ___

goin back to the 1st workshop material...

Part IV. Let's Get Mental ( soloing approaches )

ii. Form: The Bigger Picture

d. Quoting / Borrowing another musician's phrase

I remember ( some decades back ) listening to Hendrix, & being amused ( & confused ) when he throws in some Frank Sinatra ballads in the middle of his solos... ( like "Strangers In The Night" )

& also, being a John Mc Laughlin freak ( just like gabe ascalon ), we were listening to the album "Love Dovotion, Surrender" & in one of the tunes - " A Love Supreme " ( by John Coltrane ),  Carlos Santana
"qouted" George Benson's "Brezzin" melody in the middle of his solo... 8-) I find that really cool... & effective also.  whenever i ran out of ideas while playing/improvising on a jazz tune; i try to pull out that "Benson lick" & it always works out.  :lol:

Jaco Pastorius also pulled out something like that when he played w/ Zawinul's Weather Report...
@ the middle of his solo, Jaco "quotes" that famous melody fm "The Sound Music" ( "the hills are alive"... )
& that was freggin' awesome!

was that bob dylan who said... "good musicians borrow... Great musicians steal " !!!  :-D

Right on man! I actually figured out how to fit cliffs of dover and the stairway to heaven solo in blue bossa!  :-D

Oki doki guys, methinks the thread has served its purpose as the event has concluded. Will post for updates should a part 2 happen.

Thank you very much for your support and prayers! And i am looking forward to hangingh out with you all soon.

oh, btw- what ahppened to the vids?  :-)

Ron Kirn

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Guitar Workshop, Aug. 29 (Thanks mods! I think this thread is done)
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »
ATTN: All.

Beginning Monday September 13, 2010: Video copy (and photos I took) of the whole event will be available at PJC music via media transfer. Please bring your own external HDD's or thumb drives. 8GB minimum.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2010, 08:28:13 AM »

Beginning Monday September 13, 2010: Video copy (and photos I took) of the whole event will be available at PJC music via media transfer. Please bring your own external HDD's or thumb drives. 8GB minimum.

Nice! Ah sir, pwede po bang pa-upload na lang po sa mga uploading/downloading sites?
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2010, 09:22:28 PM »
TonAnts..."Jibbo" na!
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
Nice! Ah sir, pwede po bang pa-upload na lang po sa mga uploading/downloading sites?

All three files are over 7gb. If you have membership with vimeo, or sites that you can upload files this big, I suggest you get a copy at PJC music and you upload them yourself.
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline modmod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2010, 10:42:54 PM »
Ako yung isang nagvideo busy lang po patay kasi erpat ko.Foformat pa yung pc for editing kasi dami virus.If it ok sa inyo I'll post yung video sa phrasing about suicidal,etc.Malaki rin improvement ng left hand ko after your clinic.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2010, 06:03:13 PM »
Ako yung isang nagvideo busy lang po patay kasi erpat ko.Foformat pa yung pc for editing kasi dami virus.If it ok sa inyo I'll post yung video sa phrasing about suicidal,etc.Malaki rin improvement ng left hand ko after your clinic.

Hey bro, my deepest condolences to you  :-(

you dont have to rush it, you must attend to your important stuff first.

As for the posting of the video, I would prefer that we don't post the lessons please  :-)

i'm glad that I've been of help, thank you!

@toybitz- I gots me somethin' promising in da worx  :-D

@turi- spank you very much! i will try to visit the shop

Ron Kirn

Offline toybitz

« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2010, 02:58:52 AM »
@toybitz- I gots me somethin' promising in da worx  :-D

ooooh...!

Ako yung isang nagvideo busy lang po patay kasi erpat ko.

condolence Boss. How can I help?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »

hindi man ako naka attend ng clinic pero nagkaroon ulit ako ng time makinig ng Led Zep,
pag naaalala ko yung mga Led Zep tunes from you last obetski clinic  :lol:

condolences to you and your family... God Bless

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »
hindi man ako naka attend ng clinic pero nagkaroon ulit ako ng time makinig ng Led Zep,
pag naaalala ko yung mga Led Zep tunes from you last obetski clinic  :lol:

condolences to you and your family... God Bless

Zep rocks! I like to revisit my roots sometimes... there's magic in alot of the old rock stuff, and alot of fantastic guitar moments back then that aren't happening now

Ron Kirn

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #268 on: September 14, 2010, 01:01:16 AM »

All files are there now. Thanks to Anton/psychic_sushi for allowing us to give this away for free.

Offline friendlyuzer

« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2011, 04:26:48 AM »
sayang naman to, di ko agad nakita...
FaithTalker

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2011, 10:18:11 PM »
sayang naman to, di ko agad nakita...

last year pa to.. baka di ka pa member nun :-D
my song that' being aired in Sydney

Offline friendlyuzer

« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2011, 02:03:24 AM »
hehe..yap di pa nga po.. may mga nabibili bang video ng seminar?
FaithTalker