hulika

Author Topic: Roland cube amps  (Read 29411 times)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Roland cube amps
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:17:39 PM »
Was looking at the cube40XL earlier. Need some feedback,pros and cons. The phrase trainer is a handy feature for practice,and im fancying the idea of having this for my home amp. I know 40w may be a lot for home use,but i like the idea of reserve power so I can take it to rehearsals and not get drowned out by a gorilla drummer.

Also,when's usually the best time to buy it from yupangco/PPitch?
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Roland cube amps
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
go get it! :) i tried cubes several times - all pleasurable experiences.

i know i didnt answer much of your questions but im just morally supporting your want for the cube! :P i think you won't regret when you buy one.

regarding when, every end of thee month? may promo ata silang ganun...

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:44:07 PM »
Thanks for d encouragement. :D

I was told of the regular price and that usually it's 10% off at the month's end. But I wasn't looking to buy at that time so I guess the numbers he told me are ... well.. Just to give me an idea.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline toolucy

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 01:57:44 PM »
usually they have the handog sale and the end of the month specials sir.I got my cube40xl for a good deal at a sale from yupangco. It's a great consolation for me considering i sold my marshall vs100r for this. It's got what I need, Great clean tone, loud and very handy. Can definitely handle a gorilla drummer or a small bar gig.

Take note, It never gets beyond 9 o'clock at bedroom use. Almost the same with my marshall. It's that BEASTLY.:D
successful transactions with:barbie h.,gunslinger,bossingboss,spankyrigor,obetski,:mau,markv,plugzzz,diamond_don,tummy10,ricabb7,masterchoxter,nandiecarl,basket,chuck51,kenzu,ronfmurillo,batangnon,r_chino,dubista,and lots of others:D

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »
i might sell my cube30x paguwi ko, di ko na masyado nagagamit nangungulekta lang ng alikabok... Oh, I love the power squeezer feature though, for bedroom use...
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline otaro

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
Hi bro.. with regards to roland Cubes.. sulit na sulit bro.. kakabili ko lang last sale sa yupangco/yamaha.. last May, Handog sale.. and solb ako d2.. binili ko Cube 80XL. heres the pics =)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 11:54:20 PM »
NAD!!! Thanks for all the help everyone. Amp exceeded my expectations. Love it so far. 8-)
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline sireus

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »
sakin cube 30 gamit ko sa room,, basta clean tone,, ayos!! pedals-friendly :-)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:07 AM »
NAD!!! Thanks for all the help everyone. Amp exceeded my expectations. Love it so far. 8-)

Nice! Ang bilis naman. Obligatory pics with gear!  :lol: Congrats bro!

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 05:15:27 PM »
i love teh grillz.. go get one siore yung amp mo nga naalikabukan na din dito. planning to upgrade na din hehehe :-D
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »
Nice! Ang bilis naman. Obligatory pics with gear!  :lol: Congrats bro!

:-D :-D

Bilis no?  I wanted to wait for a good deal, but the mrs said buy it na, regular price applies to installment anyway.

@Jason

Musta?  Sabi ko sa utol mo, starter amp lang din kasi yan talaga, a decent clean amp platform with cd input.  Time to go all tube bro!!  O kaya cube ka na rin for practice! :-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 05:35:02 AM »
Ganda naman ng amp bro!

BTW, that LP looks sooooooo Tremonti-ish... ang ganda!
Click Here

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 03:48:40 PM »

@Jason

Musta?  Sabi ko sa utol mo, starter amp lang din kasi yan talaga, a decent clean amp platform with cd input.  Time to go all tube bro!!  O kaya cube ka na rin for practice! :-D

planning to go all tube then a tight metal wooo GAStos! i hate money! :-D
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline itsallintheblues

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »
I've tested one sa RJ Glorietta 5.. It's a good amp.. I haven't tried all the settings but it sounds decent..
You don't choose the guitar, it chooses you.

If at any point in time you cannot afford a particular guitar, don't play it. If it chooses you, you have to buy it.  If you simply can't beg, steal, or borrow, you will eventually die of a broken heart..

Offline sheepsmellslikeseashells

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 12:35:47 AM »
Although I have mainly used a hybrid amp combo made of an SS-Pre and a Tube-PA circuitry back in the early 2000... I have been a solid state amp guy from the moment i first had my electric guitar. It's not because of personal preference. But, it's because i simply have not much choice due to financial constraints. We had to admit, we belong to a technically deprived country when comes to musical instruments. A huge bulk of us locals grew up not having a set of friends or neighbors who owns a Fender Twin at one, a Marshall half-stack on the other and a Vox AC30 on another one; not to mention a few more folks owning Mesa's, Soldano's, 'boutique' amps and guitars made by topnotch brand-names. So, at the end of the day, we'll just have to get used to what works for us which are most likely 'from Japan'. Kawawa tayong mga Pinoy dahil dyan.

Anyway, I was blessed to have an opportunity to personally own earlier Roland amps for a certain period of time particularly a Cube100 and a Cube60. Both, great sounding amps; not to mention, they're surprisingly loud for their size too and has excellent headroom for a gigging amp. ...nowadays, i'm enjoying a late 70's Jazz Chorus and an early Cube40. But, just a few days ago, 'vegetablejoe' bought one of the two Roland BC30's that i enjoyed running on stereo for 3 years in my bedroom. So, that leaves me with only one BC30 along with the other two models that i mentioned earlier.

Technology has gone far for these particular amps. Probably, their later models are now even better sounding than their predecessors aside from their built-in effects feature. But i guess in the end, all i can say is, you can never go wrong with Roland amps. :-)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:28:07 AM by sheepsmellslikeseashells »

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »
I have a Roland Micro Cube RX. Pricey for its size, but well worth it. It works surprisingly well with pedals and I can bypass the preamp and use an external modeler through the Aux In. Even cooler is that it can run on batteries. The range of the speakers is wide enough for me to use the amp as a general purpose portable speaker system.

I'll never bother with those tiny tube amps as long as I have this amp with me.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »
A thread dedicated to loyal fans of ROLAND's CUBE Series Amplifiers.... great,well built, good sounding, reasonably priced AMPS for Experts and Begginers...

Post your Cubes here, and share your experiences!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:22:34 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
subscribed. I love the Cube series. bang for the buck talaga.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »

My Little 5 year old Microcube...through my pedal board....I only use the blackface setting for that fender cleans...on board effects are all on 0...

I love its portability, and its damn RUGGED! batteries run for 1-2 months..these baby been through a lot..change of seasons, outdoor jams..and for home and bedroom playing..its LOUD!!! great little bugger...

Of course it lacks that low end response..and get muddy when cranked..but this is only a minor CON for the many PROS of the MIcrocube!

Time for an upgrade..Might get a chance to get a 15xl tonight..wish me luck.
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »
^ tried the 15xl for a while and the first thing I can say is, that little thing is LOUD!!!! the REC channel is my favorite, metal na metal.  :razz:

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »
subscribed. I love the Cube series. bang for the buck talaga.

Mismo!

I got a message from some forumer asking me if microcubes are pedal friendly..
In my experiece..YES!..kayang kaya!!!...

I travel and moe around a lot so the microcubes size is perfect for me...

I do think the old microcube is better  than the new 4 speaker RX one...simple is best..

I would go to the park with the microcube in my backpack and just spend afternoons noodling around..

All my friends who I jammed with ..were instant converts..they bought Microcubes for themselves in an instant!! hahaha..

"CUBISM" hahaha...guys post din kayo ng mga VINTAGE cubes niyo!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »
Mismo!

I got a message from some forumer asking me if microcubes are pedal friendly..
In my experiece..YES!..kayang kaya!!!...

I travel and moe around a lot so the microcubes size is perfect for me...

I do think the old microcube is better  than the new 4 speaker RX one...simple is best..

I would go to the park with the microcube in my backpack and just spend afternoons noodling around..

All my friends who I jammed with ..were instant converts..they bought Microcubes for themselves in an instant!! hahaha..

"CUBISM" hahaha...guys post din kayo ng mga VINTAGE cubes niyo!

I almost bought a microcube dati kasi I loved it when I tried it (marami pa'ng available colors  :-D) but when I got back to the store a few weeks later naubusan na ng stocks.  :cry: my first impression of the microcube was I thought it was a little toy that couldn't provide the tone I needed but considering that it's made by Roland, I tried it and I fell in love with it. pero mas gusto ko pa din ang big brothers niya.  :-D

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 03:15:09 PM »
^ tried the 15xl for a while and the first thing I can say is, that little thing is LOUD!!!! the REC channel is my favorite, metal na metal.  :razz:

hahaha thanks mukhang gusto ko na siya!! hahaha I kinda miss the LOW END SPECTURM of the guitar..kaya Im thinking of taking  this..the amp is bundled with a guitar..ayaw niya ibenta ng hindi magkasama eh..Im thinking of getting it nalang and maybe just sell off the guitar..kasi medyo maganda yung price niya..either way..hahaha...

ako naman, ito yung points ko in considering geting the 15xl. (ideally 20xl yung best)

1. price! (super mura @2nd hand price)
2. POWER SQUEEZER!--- I need this as I dont want to disturb the neighbors.
3. Bigger speaker and enclosure for improved Low end signals..
4. Stripped down on board effects...I love the 3 knob EQ...since I use pedals naman..
5. Its still small..and compact...but louder .and I have the option to gig with it in small venues if need be..

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
I almost bought a microcube dati kasi I loved it when I tried it (marami pa'ng available colors  :-D) but when I got back to the store a few weeks later naubusan na ng stocks.  :cry: my first impression of the microcube was I thought it was a little toy that couldn't provide the tone I needed but considering that it's made by Roland, I tried it and I fell in love with it. pero mas gusto ko pa din ang big brothers niya.  :-D

I really love  how Cubes are built...high level...Nako..compare mo sa mga Vietnam Built VOX DA-5..or LANEY or pinaka crap na pagkagawa low watt "ORANGE" amps... Iba yung level ng build quality niya..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 03:21:35 PM »
Im a little worried sa JC Clean Channel ng CUbe 15xl...baka hanap hanapin ko yung fender clean eh! haha..anyway may EQ naman so baka kaya naman i-tweak..

langhiya, naeexcite na tuloy ako..hahaha would you believe..the guy selling this guitar and amp is sellling both for just the price of a new microcube...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *