hulika

Author Topic: GUITAR CENTRAL XMAS PARTY  (Read 31640 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: GUITAR CENTRAL XMAS PARTY
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 04:22:02 PM »
Exchange nga, ayos yun hehe pero ang problema dyan is pano ang bunutan ng bibigyan? Eh sureball na may mga magbabackout sa mga lilistang pupunta sila..
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 04:41:36 PM »
...tignan natin kung imported is matters than local!
:lol:

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 04:48:10 PM »
in terms of fud how much per head ?
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 04:53:38 PM »
in terms of fud how much per head ?

packaged meal from KFC/Jollibee lang ang plano para di magulo. so that's just about P100+.  if you want more food, order from the bar!

pero, pwd rin tayo mag pot luck ng mga gusto magdala ng food (voluntary).  ok kung meron pasta, liempo, lechon, etc.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:54:50 PM by deltaslim »

Offline supacow

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »
Exchange nga, ayos yun hehe pero ang problema dyan is pano ang bunutan ng bibigyan? Eh sureball na may mga magbabackout sa mga lilistang pupunta sila..

lahat nalang ng pupunta, magdadala ng gift, tapos doon na yung bunutan :)

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 08:52:29 PM »

Just play the "gift game".  Mechanics:

1 - Whoever wants to join should bring a gift to the party -- either give a guideline sa value ng gift, or bahala na ang mga tao to bring whatever
2 - Each person draws a number
3 - The person who draws #1 selects a gift from the pile of gifts
4 - Person #1 opens the gift for everyone to see
5 - Person #2 can either draw another gift from the pile, OR steal the gift that person #1 got
6 - If person #2 steals, then person #1 selects a new gift from the pile and opens it
7 - If person #2 selects a gift from pile, then person #1 is "safe"... for now!
8 - Person #3 goes next and can either get a new gift from the pile, OR steal the gift that person #1 or #2 has
9 - If person #1 or #2 has his/her gift stolen, then that person can then opt to steal from any other player, or select a new gift from the pile
10 - And the cycle continues until the last person has his/her turn
11 - When the last person has his/her turn, person #1 is given the option to steal a gift or keep whatever he/she already has

Have fun!

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 09:10:41 PM »
Joric, do we have a specific date already for the party? Is it going to be on Dec. 17 ?
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 09:29:41 PM »
woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo

party nanaman! gam! tentative sa 17th. Nino wil be in the US so im coordinating with Al(part owner as well). Um. i read that there will be qa potluck? I was hoping sa bar na lahat since they let us use it and there's no fee for it(for now, finders crossed)...the best part is no door charge(still fingers crossed)

here are the possible problems:

*i have to close this with the owners para locked na ang dec 17 sa atin.

*security - although wala naman gulo last time, i just want to make sure

*parking - (security also), its a risk for thos who come in late with cars as they
could end up parking towards route 196 area. which is pretty delikado.

*gear safety - please take care of your own stuff. please. sana di tayo umabot sa part na may mawawalan. i know how that feels and it really f&%*&^n sucks!

*food and drinks - if we do the potluck, im not sure the owners would like it since they're giving us a lot already. i can easily inform them to prepare for it coz it wouldnt be nice if we order and kulang din ng food. so kkb nalang tayo dun. lets mind what we order and make sure its paid for agad.

Hope i can tell them by this weekend coz im sure they're gearing up for the holidays and as owners of the establishment, more sales for them, all the better.

Suggestions?
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 10:57:44 PM »
i hope this pushes through!  this will be my first time to attend a Philmusic party!  :-)

sorry kung wala akong ma-suggest.  looks like the Bosses have everything covered.  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 11:07:52 PM »
really nice suggestions guys!

i was thinking with the name that tune thing
since sakit naman ng mga guitarista yung intro lang alam

why dont we have someone play an intro
tapos name that tune battle played with a guitar!

tapos eliminations para malaman sino yung pinaka rock song geek!

hahaha

i can donate a pack full of d'andrea pics as prize sir joric!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »

party nanaman! gam! tentative sa 17th. Nino wil be in the US so im coordinating with Al(part owner as well). Um. i read that there will be qa potluck? I was hoping sa bar na lahat since they let us use it and there's no fee for it(for now, finders crossed)...the best part is no door charge(still fingers crossed)

*parking - (security also), its a risk for thos who come in late with cars as they

*gear safety - please take care of your own stuff. please. sana di tayo umabot sa part na may mawawalan. i know how that feels and it really f&%*&^n sucks!

*food and drinks - if we do the potluck, im not sure the owners would like it since they're giving us a lot already. i can easily inform them to prepare for it coz it wouldnt be nice if we order and kulang din ng food. so kkb nalang tayo dun. lets mind what we order and make sure its paid for agad.

Hope i can tell them by this weekend coz im sure they're gearing up for the holidays and as owners of the establishment, more sales for them, all the better.

Suggestions?
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 12:00:02 AM »
mga sir sa CEBU nalang XMAS party... hehehe! para malapit lang.. dba?! lets all meet halfway.. hehehe!
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 02:15:10 AM »
ayos itong idea mo fafa joric ah masaya ito  :-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 08:10:42 AM »

Suggestions?

turi  -  good thing nino/porch are still supportive and open to have us for this event.

re food: ang problem kasi ngayon w/ Porch is they don't have heavy/rice meals in their menu.  will it be a different scenario or will they make arrangements come dec 17?  that's why naisip ko lang ung order na lang tayo ng packed meal from KFC or Jollibee, assuming walang rice meals sa Porch.  we can order pang-dagdag or pulutan na lang from them.

as for potluck by forumites, scratch na natin ung idea.

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 12:45:20 PM »
mas feasible nga kung order nlang tyo food from kfc/jollibee...insert fastfood here :-D then magcontribute nlang

as for the exchange gift, pwede tyo mgadala cguro ng kahit anong guitar related gift then on the spot nlang ung bunutan ( may be a registration at the start of the event would help)

for the name that tune, maybe we could make teams or a list of those who want to join the contest and  have a volunteer to play a solo/riff  :-D

sir joric! im donating my kalikot audio PSU (8X 9V + 2X 18V) :-D

if we are to get sponsors i suggest we send letters to the co's already or atleast next week since matagal cla magaprove..i tried san miguel corp 3 mos in advance daw dapat...syang beeeeer :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 01:56:09 PM »
Thanks bro, UPDATE natin ung list:

Forumite donations:

2.5k cash prize - Poundcake
1pc Latch Lake slide  - Joric
Kalikot Audio PSU (8X 9V + 2X 18V) - mr. brownstone

Sponsor donations*
Yupangco - sir Lowee!!!  sige na sir!
Audiophile -
JB Music -
Sound & Music People -
PJC -
Lyric -
Lazer -
Everymusic/Dame -
Elegee -
Kalikot Audio -
BAMFx - free mod/scalarizer

* We need people who can volunteer to approach the right people for the sponsorship.  I can draft a sponsorship letter that you can hand them, in case may official paper processing ang management decision pa sila na kailangan,

Thanks for checking w/ San Mig.  I hear ya, we need to be sending those letters na.  But these requests/letters will only get sent with the support and cooperation of fellow forumites.  Community tayo, dapat tulong tulong.

So, anyone else wanna step up to the plate?  I'll send a pro-forma sonsorship letter to them.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 02:03:08 PM »

Suggestions?

I'll bring a couple of high voltage tazers ? And pepper spray ? This should be fun mwahahehehe (sorry ha kakatapos ko lang manood ng Fight Club, parang gusto ko sprayan mukha ko ng pepper spray mwahahaha)
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2007, 06:02:02 PM »
I've talked to Ian and heto plan natin for now re sponsorship:

Below is the draft letter of sponsorship.  Please let us know if you'd like to volunteer in approaching the possible sponsors listed previously (we don't want multiple members talking to one sponsor).  If the sponsor is willing to talk, they should contact any of the listed contact persons/organizing committee members.

I guess the best volunteers are those who already know managers or executives and can thus help beat the red-tape in the target sponsor companies. 

It's very simple guys:  Nothing will get done if no one volunteers for the legwork required.  If you care enough and want the party to happen, step up to the plate. If the party doesn't materialize, then that means most of us just didn't care enough.

----

[Date]

[TITLE] [NAME]
[DESIGNATION]
[COMPANY]

Dear [SIR/MADAM]:

PhilMusic.com maintains the most active Pinoy musician-oriented community online anywhere, boasting an active membership of over 21,000 exchanging views on instruments and gear, playing techniques, and music genres.  Per day there is an average registration of 23.13 more.  There are is an average of 1,378 posts about 100 topics by about 467 online members per day.

The Guitar Central Community is the biggest sub-community of PhilMusic: it has the most members and the most active online activity, which includes obsessively discussing, buying, and selling of gear.  In our community, it is normal to have GAS -- “Gear Acquisition Syndrome”!

For the first time ever, the Guitar Central community will be holding it's first christmas party.  The christmas party is intended to allow for members to meet, expand their networks, strengthen bonds and share knowledge about guitar playing and gear.  As is usual in these networking activities, gear is a favorite topic (we often have tone parties and gear shootouts) and it is a good opportunity to form opinon and decisions based on actual listening about what gear sounds good and is desirable.

We are planning to have some guitar-related christmas raffles and games and we would be grateful if you helped in sponsoring our event through cash or in-kind contribution. We are not asking for much - contributions may be in cash or in the form of packs of picks, sets of strings, straps, or effects pedals (guitars and amps are also welcome!)  In exchange for your sponsorship, we believe you will enjoy cost-effective exposure to our members who generally have more capacity to buy than your average walk-in customer.  We offer to: (1) allow you to post a pull-up/portable tarpaulin banner at the party venue, (2) admit one (1) company representative to attend the party, and (3) and cite your company as a sponsor in our online communications and stickied on the Guitar Central forum.

We estimate anywhere from 100 to 200 attending the christmas party.  This can be a good opportunity to show support for local musicians and also expand your network on a personal level with the Guitar Central community members.

If you are interested to sponsor, kindly contact any of the undersigned.

Thank you very much,

(Sgd.)
Organizing Committee - Guitar Central Community

Juan Lorenzo Natividad - +639228980009         
Ian Braza - +63917 833 3255
Pee Wee Vivas  +639164884576             
Joric Maglanque  +639178473047
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 08:08:53 AM by deltaslim »

itchybrain

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
Sama ko dito! Sa wakas mapapanood ko na rin ng live and slide master! :)

Isang magandang game: Guitar balancing act. Balance your guitar on your head after 6 bottles of beer!  :-D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 06:17:55 PM by itchybrain »

Offline bembang_jones

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2007, 06:21:41 PM »
may suggestion ako sa exchange gift...kasi every year we always do this in our church which is really fun...at walang pikunan... we call it "agawan exchange gift"

kung sino yung magdadala definitely kasali siya sa exchange gift...tapos you have to wrap it in a newspaper para kahit yung nagdala nung gift eh hindi niya marerecognize yung dala dala niyang gift...kasi yun nga eh kahit malaki or maliit yung pagkaka-package nung gift as long as it is wrapped in a newspaper nakaka-loko pa rin minsan kasi maliit pala yung nasa loob nung package yun pala maganda pala yung gift na makukuha or minsan malaki yung pagkaka-package kasing laki lang pala ng pick yung laman sa loob...so yun nga your creativity will work as well kung papaano niyo ipa-package yung gift ninyo...

the mechanics

you have to put all the gifts dapat wlang label or name dun sa gift...you have to place in a table...gather the peeps form them into a circle who will bring gifts...let them pic a number the person who'll gonna get a number 1 will be the first one to pick a gift na gusto nila...now the next consecutive peeps who will get a gift in a table has the option to steal the gift they want to the previous person or kahit sa ibang tao na nakakuha na ng gift and then exchange it...at syempre mas maganda kung kasali pati organizers...mas masaya yon kasi as they say laging maganda ang dala ng organizers... :lol:

oh by the way how much po ba ang limit ng exchange gift organizers?

i hope this would help...thanks
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:33:15 PM by bembang_jones »

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »
Sama ko dito! Sa wakas mapapanood ko na rin ng live and slide master! :)

Isang magandang game: Guitar balancing act. Balance your guitar on your head after 6 bottles of beer!  :-D
nah! hahaha! ok 2 ah.. pwede din siguro "TRIP TO GUITAR LAND"! hehehehe! imbis chairs paunahan ng pick up ng guitar... hehehe!
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »

sali ako dito! hahaha!  :-D

depende ang results nito sa klase ng beer sa party.  :-D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:21:51 PM by maxi_musikero »
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 10:00:06 AM »
i think the letter is fine already....now, if we could only find people to send them....paging paging... :-D

Offline redballs17

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »
sama niyo na rin sa contest...

painaka madaming guitar spin sa loob ng 15 secs. :-D

hehehehe

itchybrain

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 11:39:11 AM »

Dear Delta, Mods and everyone involved in the GC xmas party:

I have a suggestion. Pano kung invite natin directly yung mga music stores (JB, Yupangco, etc.) and let them have a "STICKY" sa Guitar Central para sa kanilang mga products. Para bang regular Post na nilalagay ng mga mods sa taas ng mga threads. :) Para rin ma-engganyo silang makilahok sa mga activities dito.

Watchutink, mga world class na maestros and mods?  :-D