hulika

Author Topic: MARK Vs SHREDHEAD Low Gain  (Read 493692 times)

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MARK Vs SHREDHEAD Low Gain
« Reply #1275 on: May 23, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
dapat special yung 100th unit :-D

Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1276 on: May 23, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »

And the 102nd or 103rd unit! Haha!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1277 on: May 23, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »

100 pesos lang daw yung 100th unit..  :lol: :lol: :lol:

go mark! more power sa SH mo dude..  :-)

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1278 on: May 23, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »

Pareserve na ako nito kung ganyan!  Kuha ako ng limang 100th unit.  :lol: :lol:

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1279 on: May 23, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

dapat 1000 pieces ang 100th unit kung ganya :lol:
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1280 on: May 23, 2010, 02:40:11 PM »
Bibile ulit ako nito! :-P
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1281 on: May 23, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »

Offline the count

« Reply #1282 on: May 23, 2010, 11:38:46 PM »
HI Markv I'd like to salute you for the stompbox you invented :) I saw the demo of mr burgerman and it's really a worldclass. I hope you can invent a stompbox similar to the legend series "stomp-box-amp" which can respond well with other dirt pedals like the AMT amp emulator that was used by burgerman in his demo of the shredhead.

I have the BOSS legend series and its good to have it because it makes any amp sound good :) but the only drawback is, it doesn't work well together with other distortion pedals - unlike the AMT w/c blends very natural with shredhead

BTW I had a talk with Mang Raul about my BOSS FBM1 and told him about its inherent problem of not blending well with other dirt pedals. He told me that he can modify the "gain" section and widen its "clean" threshold so that it can take in more gain from the pedal (sorry for the OT)

I hope God will give you the insight and inspiration in granting what the world craves right now - small always "on" mini amp pedals emulation FBM1, VOX, Marshall, 65 fender deluxe. Fender twin etc...

MORE POWER!

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1283 on: May 23, 2010, 11:59:53 PM »
^ Hi sir, thanks for the compliments :) I haven't tried the FBM1 pedal by boss yet, but if you love the fender sound and want something that you easily grab in stores -I recommend you to try the Boss BD-2 Keeley Mod (I also mod this pedal)... the BD-2 keeley is very transparent and reacts well to picking dynamics. I try not to use 'emulation' types of pedal (e.g. sansamp GT2) because they change the natural characteristics of the amp & guitar.... the keeley BD-2 has that 'fender' sound and yet, it still retains the good qualities of the amp & guitar you're using...very transparent.

I have a BD-2 modded to keeley specs myself, if you want to try it personally don't hesitate to contact me :)

Offline the count

« Reply #1284 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »
^ Hi sir, thanks for the compliments :) I haven't tried the FBM1 pedal by boss yet, but if you love the fender sound and want something that you easily grab in stores -I recommend you to try the Boss BD-2 Keeley Mod (I also mod this pedal)... the BD-2 keeley is very transparent and reacts well to picking dynamics. I try not to use 'emulation' types of pedal (e.g. sansamp GT2) because they change the natural characteristics of the amp & guitar.... the keeley BD-2 has that 'fender' sound and yet, it still retains the good qualities of the amp & guitar you're using...very transparent.

I have a BD-2 modded to keeley specs myself, if you want to try it personally don't hesitate to contact me :)

Hi thanks for the quick reply :) Honestly I really feel that the BD-2 mod you have sounds excellent as well. maybe in time if my blues skills gets better I wouldn't think twice of choosing your BD-2 over the stock. but I really have this weird idea of placing a modern distortion in front of a real fender 59 bassman amp... like what this guy did:

feature=related

*just hope you can come up with inventions like AMT legend series. (bec the fender amps are damn expensive and the fact that you can't bring them in gigs - bulky & heavy etc)

*something like Markv's tribute amp series in a stompbox! yeah! :)

BTW the shredhead demoed by burgerman was patched with an amp emulator AMT (emulating fender twin) and it was awesome!

BTW thanks for the insight. I'll keep it in my log book as a reference in case when I'm ready with that type of tone. :)

*MARAMING SALAMAT MARK! MABUHAY ANG PRODUCTONG PINOY :)

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1285 on: May 24, 2010, 12:52:12 AM »
^ I would look into that sir.. thanks so much for the suggestion & support.   :)

Offline Bimbo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1286 on: May 24, 2010, 01:01:05 AM »
^ I would look into that sir.. thanks so much for the suggestion & support.   :)

Ill wait for it too.  :lol: :lol:

Offline doubletrouble

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1287 on: May 25, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »
Mark, reserve mo na sa akin yung pang 1000th SH ha?  :evil:
Lyrics...wasted time during solos

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1288 on: May 25, 2010, 05:56:28 PM »
uyy... lapit na daw sa 'kin... haha

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1289 on: May 25, 2010, 06:03:04 PM »
Mark, reserve mo na sa akin yung pang 1000th SH ha?  :evil:

Sige ba haha! :-D

uyy... lapit na daw sa 'kin... haha

Yes pre, will update you this week. Thanks  ;)

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1290 on: May 25, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »
Sino kaya ang pang-100 na shredhead user?Hmmmmmmm....
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1291 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:11 AM »
Repost lang ng one of my favorite shredhead demos:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=989922&content=songinfo&songID=9128513

Thanks boxedking!  8-)

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1292 on: May 26, 2010, 02:52:31 AM »
Mismo talaga boxedking!!! ganda ng picking saka mix ng shredhead, pashare naman ng settings mo sa shredhead..

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1293 on: May 26, 2010, 03:49:39 AM »
Repost lang ng one of my favorite shredhead demos:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=989922&content=songinfo&songID=9128513

Thanks boxedking!  8-)
Sure thing Mark! I'm glad you liked it! :)

Mismo talaga boxedking!!! ganda ng picking saka mix ng shredhead, pashare naman ng settings mo sa shredhead..
Thanks bro! Settings ko ng SH: Vol = 12 o'clock, Tone = 10 o'clock, Presence = 3 o'clock, Gain = 3 o'clock.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1294 on: May 26, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »
shredmaestrobri's shredhead:

Updated Shredhead User List (as of May 26, 2010)

-turi
-tone freak
-jeibi16
-rapunzel
-chizdawg
-masterchoxter
-palmmuteboi
-balakubak33
-5inco
-saturn/return
-walter123
-labandero/biboymusic
-dirt
-jcsan2s
-vencejezzrell
-burnthyfret
-athanvai
-pepeman
-raidow
-raybrig
-guitargodskitz
-red_strat
-soundhole8
-opay21
-ian13
-bryanarzaga
-paengkee
-accento24
-letour
-est2tele
-eggnog20
-ernestjulian
-ferdie
-alfie1975
-guitbox
-luapsmoa
-papotzki85
-amuyong
-necron33
-rockchops_14
-guiatrist214
-dovoodoomiracleman
-pitongjerome
-jejan
-silaw
-kurt_morello
-leech
-terminal_1000
-trinch
-daturd
-guitabot
-dong (c/o accento24)
-iandomld
-al_librero
-zxc
-lenpopz
-draine
-ukeleleboy
-anodBiomech
-dadaboo
-juan_portnoy
-the_nong
-jpadua
-johnny_jackhammers
-tuned
-jaoko
-shaider57
-badongrodrigs
-ytse_neil
-burgerman666 (youtube)
-gunslinger13
-iced.ink.used.ink
-xid02
-jeproks74
-antigone
-boxedking
-yurikaziah
-sulayman44
-doubletrouble
-bhaahchico
-adam g.
-paulo0027
-rockcastle
-tirso ripoll
-nathanmanansala
-vin12
-toolucy
-rmansh
-slowspeeder
-fonzguitar13
-spyroghyro
-alvin g.
-david h.
-archie0907
-colorless krayola
-happyhorse
-region III
-13azThY
-drong
-mikomiko
-muzickero
-kinko
-p.ortiguero
-luvyoulen
-dnielle00
-romeo oh
-shredmaestrobri

:)

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1295 on: May 27, 2010, 12:26:22 AM »
Man, I am amazed. I wasn't expecting the Shredhead to be this good. Kakatapos ko lang mag-gitara after 3 hours (poor neighbors).

First of all, it has all the gain you will need for shred, neo-classical, and Marshallized metal. High gain talaga siya for that kind of tone and kung nakukulangan ka pa, naku, ewan ko sa iyo. It doesn't get muddy on any settings and ang ganda ng mid-range niya. Kuhang kuha ang Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, Megadeth, etc (basta Marshall user).

But really, it is a very excellent lead guitar pedal. Rhythm win din pero sa lead lalo na sa shred ang dali at sarap. Responsive and well-defined. Sarap din mag-sweep picking kanina. Rinig na rinig. Sa legato naman at picking talaga litaw ang nota walang kahirap-hirap. Masarap ang response and feel niya. Promise. Convincing talaga siya na Marshall pedal for me.

And yes, it killed my GAS for the Super Plextortion. It may not be the best Marshall box (I haven't tried many) but surely, it's one of those pedals that will make you say, "hmmm, you know, kahit may possibility na mas better na pedal pa, I'm satisfied na with what I have."  At least for me.

Thanks Mark. Php3500 is a steal. No joke! And yes, I'm keeping this pedal!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:30:17 AM by shredmaestrobri »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1296 on: May 27, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »
Man, I am amazed. I wasn't expecting the Shredhead to be this good. Kakatapos ko lang mag-gitara after 3 hours (poor neighbors).

First of all, it has all the gain you will need for shred, neo-classical, and Marshallized metal. High gain talaga siya for that kind of tone and kung nakukulangan ka pa, naku, ewan ko sa iyo. It doesn't get muddy on any settings and ang ganda ng mid-range niya. Kuhang kuha ang Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, Megadeth, etc (basta Marshall user).

But really, it is a very excellent lead guitar pedal. Rhythm win din pero sa lead lalo na sa shred ang dali at sarap. Responsive and well-defined. Sarap din mag-sweep picking kanina. Rinig na rinig. Sa legato naman at picking talaga litaw ang nota walang kahirap-hirap. Masarap ang response and feel niya. Promise. Convincing talaga siya na Marshall pedal for me.

And yes, it killed my GAS for the Super Plextortion. It may not be the best Marshall box (I haven't tried many) but surely, it's one of those pedals that will make you say, "hmmm, you know, kahit may possibility na mas better na pedal pa, I'm satisfied na with what I have."  At least for me.

Thanks Mark. Php3500 is a steal. No joke! And yes, I'm keeping this pedal!

thats what happened when i was testing the ROckettPedal FlexDrive..i just dont know what happened, im pretty straightforward when choosing my dirt pedals..mark What have you done to me!!!!

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1297 on: May 27, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »
Sure thing Mark! I'm glad you liked it! :)
Thanks bro! Settings ko ng SH: Vol = 12 o'clock, Tone = 10 o'clock, Presence = 3 o'clock, Gain = 3 o'clock.
Salamat sir...  :-)

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1298 on: May 27, 2010, 12:50:07 AM »
thats what happened when i was testing the ROckettPedal FlexDrive..i just dont know what happened, im pretty straightforward when choosing my dirt pedals..mark What have you done to me!!!!

That's Doc Mark for ya!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1299 on: May 27, 2010, 12:55:06 AM »
That's Doc Mark for ya!

bad medicine that's good!

hook me up doc with SHREDHEAD V2. with boost!~