hulika

Author Topic: Harrison Livewire  (Read 14139 times)

Offline playamoth

• Netizen Level
Harrison Livewire
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:11:08 AM »
I used to hear Harrison Livewire on DZRJ or DZUW back in the '70's.  I've been aching to hear them again.  I've been doing an occasional search on You Tube every now and then, just in case somebody uploads it. 
Who are their members? 
Was there a record released? 
Where is the music? 

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Harrison Livewire
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:09 AM »
oh my that is a pinoy rock band that is rarely mentioned. I believe Hickey and Harry Tambuatco were guitarist and drummer respectively. one of their songs played at the pinoy rock and rhythm hour at rj am was "dragon". 
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline playamoth

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:54 AM »
I believe their rock is more in the Jazz vein (fusion) that's why I posted it here.  Am I right?  We got to hear it again.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:23:13 AM by playamoth »

Offline vicsant

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
Hicky Tambuatco on guitar, Cid Bengzon on drums, Art Guevarra alternating with Larry Totten on bass, Vic Santiago on keys...managed by Paul Neil...we did mostly original jazz fusion stuff...
Unfortunately,  all copies of our music have been lost, even the ones played on RJ

:-)

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »
thanks for the details. its such a bummer that rj jocks or some other people should have archived or transferred those precious tapes (they had of Pinoy rock) or whatever format they had into DAT or digital audio. So "Dragon" was not from Harrison Livewire?
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline vicsant

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »
Btw, correction.....it was Peter Totten alternating on bass with Art G., and not "Larry"........

"Dragon" was not in our lineup......

Offline MaxMidletone

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 05:45:56 PM »
So "Dragon" was not from Harrison Livewire?

They were 'The Feathers' then during the time when they recorded that song 'Dragon' that was airplayed on DZRJ's Pinoy Rock & Rhythm.