hulika

Author Topic: M-audio mobile recording hardware. fast track & mobile pre USB  (Read 1058 times)

Offline jebs

M-audio mobile recording hardware. fast track & mobile pre USB
« on: December 07, 2007, 09:36:02 AM »
i saw an M-audio fast track at JB. what can u say about this product? ok ba sya for recording demo stuf.  i will be recording mosty acoustic stuff with vocals. i prefer mobile kc para pwede sa laptop mag record.

i was also checking sa net about the MOBILE PRE USB M-audio. may pre amp sya and phantom power. pero i havnt seen one here sa JB.

anyway, what can u say about the m-audio Fast track USB. sulit ba sya? and will i get a decent recording of my acoustic tracks?

thanks!

Offline jplacson

Re: M-audio mobile recording hardware. fast track & mobile pre USB
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:54:31 AM »
All M-Audio products will sound good.  The weakest link you'd probably have will be the room you record in, and your mic.

The Fast Track USB is ok... but it doesn't have phantom power.  If you'll be doing acoustic recordings, a condenser mic would be better suited than a dynamic one... hence you'd need phantom power.

Better ask JB if they have the Mobile Pre USB in stock in another branch... they'd be happy to have it transferred to a branch near you.

Then get a Shure PG81, AKG Perception 100/150, Behringer C1 or B5 or something. 
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline killswitch

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 11:33:45 AM »
i've asked about the mobile pre @JB but they didn't have it.

Offline jplacson

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
Don't get me wrong, the Fast Track is good.  The lack of phantom power can be addressed with the Shure PG81 or AKG Perception 150 since these can run off battery (alkaline only please) power.  Not sure about the Berrys.

I'm sure you won't go wrong with the Fast Track...specially if you're just recording one instrument.  If you intend to overdub a lot... then I'd really, really recommend a Firewire interface instead due to better latency on FW models over USB.

But if you just want a solo instrumental recording type of thing, then the Fast Track is fine... you'll have more budget for a mic as well.

You might wanna look around the classifieds as well, the Firewire Solo and Firewire 410 are very good candidates for your purpose as well, and if you can get it 2nd hand, it would make an even better deal than the Mobile Pre.
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline jplacson

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 03:04:31 AM »
theres someone selling an maudio fw 410 in he classified forum... you might wanna check it out
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline bassman88

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 09:45:08 AM »
Im selling my Fast Track USB sa classifieds, if your interested bro: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,72310.0.html