hulika

Author Topic: October Jam EB- Oct 16 Call for Bands !  (Read 54786 times)

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
October Jam EB- Oct 16 Call for Bands !
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2006, 08:42:45 PM »
Quote from: jazhombie
Quote from: psychic_sushi
Thanks for everything!

That evening was a total, the best place in the country with the best blokes rounded up in a venue!

What can I say?! IMHO, the real show stopper... is Caren! hanep! Huge tone, great technique, Armand is one lucky S.O.B!!!

Thank you in a hundred languages to BAMF for setting this up. Gotta hand it to him guys, he's one helluva visionary. Plus, I gotta thank BAMF for that fantastic pedal mod, the only pedal I have to stomp on ONCE the whole set (to switch it on) coz it does EVERYTHING, with flying colors!

My thank yous (in no order)

Deltaslim (Firebottle): thanks for letting me hitch with Firebottle. your invites to play with you does wonders for my confidence in playing the blue, believe me...

Jazhombie: I've got two words... GOSH DAMN! (BTW- i hope you dig the dave fuze stuff :) )

Elmo: Hanep ka! Versatile, musical, smooth... very "maria ozawa" (in playing, not in looks! heheheh!) ang landi ng licks. (ehem, dot forget the cd next time! papatayin ka namin ni hombie and delta...)

Sir Pinoymusika: it was a pleasure and a privilege to jam with you! hard swinging and bopping, I'm floored! I wish I could've done justic to your parts...

floyd_nikita: geat voice and dance moves! pumipitik-pitik pa ang pelvis pag kinakabayo and mike stand. next time, i'll request BAMF to set up a spotlight, cat walk and pole for you to gyrate on, heheheh! oh, my sides still hurt after seeing your facial expression when i told you that Minron was present... siya yung drummer ng Ursa Minor... hahahahah!

fastfret: i hope that nice strat isn't for sale... coz i can't afford it yet! heheheheh

tam_guitar: huwag po! kawawa naman ako niyan ;) can't wait to hear you play when you set up that band with elmo!

Caren: nice to see you again! and with the identity clarified. fantastic van halen song you did, scary stuff you do with a guitar, pedal and amp! you've broken many egos (and hearts) that evening.

kulas: domo arigato gozaimasu for the cd and for letting me use your toys! landau is shocking, and you've got a fantastic rig... why look for a reverb pedal? no need! ganda ng distirtion plu mo dude, and the heeby can jazz up and rock out very well.

toybitz and deacon: one word... chemistry :) fantastic! cant wait to get this thing going on a regular basis (dude, "guitar one band", eeewww, hehehe! the name you suggested nalang!) thanks for lending me the dd-2 deacon, yum yum yum!

the everyone else (too many to thank, but no lesser, thanking you all would entail opening another thread)- nice to meet you all and thank you! :)

until we all convene again...
bro that fuze stuff freaks me, hehehe, next tym lets try sumtyn 'modal-jazz-funk' stuff! i really appreciate the record hope u have more weird stuff to burn me, meron me pala'frank zappa'guitar' album if ur intrested' abit weirder kay fuze'...cya :D

cool! i've got zappa's "shut up and play yer guitar" and my fave, "tinseltown rebellion". i'll look for my weird stuff! you dig eric dolphy?
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2006, 08:44:33 PM »
Quote from: toybitz
Thanks for everything!

toybitz and deacon: one word... chemistry :) fantastic! cant wait to get this thing going on a regular basis (dude, "guitar one band", eeewww, hehehe! the name you suggested nalang!) thanks for lending me the dd-2 deacon, yum yum yum!

Guitar One was meant for Elmo, Jay and Me tapping, swelling, etc on Elmo's pretty strat.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So, Jibbo na tayo?  8)

Cool! hehehe, guitar one, one guitar, three players, heheheh

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2006, 08:45:37 PM »
Quote from: floyd_nikita
Thanks for everything!

floyd_nikita: geat voice and dance moves! pumipitik-pitik pa ang pelvis pag kinakabayo and mike stand. next time, i'll request BAMF to set up a spotlight, cat walk and pole for you to gyrate on, heheheh! oh, my sides still hurt after seeing your facial expression when i told you that Minron was present... siya yung drummer ng Ursa Minor... hahahahah!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: sa susunod briefs nalang tapos habang nag jajazz ka sayawan ko  ng snakedance :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

duet kayo ni miron ;) hot stuff!

Ron Kirn

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2006, 11:29:07 PM »
Thanks for everything!

That evening was a total, the best place in the country with the best blokes rounded up in a venue!

What can I say?! IMHO, the real show stopper... is Caren! hanep! Huge tone, great technique, Armand is one lucky S.O.B!!!

Thank you in a hundred languages to BAMF for setting this up. Gotta hand it to him guys, he's one helluva visionary. Plus, I gotta thank BAMF for that fantastic pedal mod, the only pedal I have to stomp on ONCE the whole set (to switch it on) coz it does EVERYTHING, with flying colors!

My thank yous (in no order)

Deltaslim (Firebottle): thanks for letting me hitch with Firebottle. your invites to play with you does wonders for my confidence in playing the blue, believe me...

Jazhombie: I've got two words... GOSH DAMN! (BTW- i hope you dig the dave fuze stuff :) )

Elmo: Hanep ka! Versatile, musical, smooth... very "maria ozawa" (in playing, not in looks! heheheh!) ang landi ng licks. (ehem, dot forget the cd next time! papatayin ka namin ni hombie and delta...)

Sir Pinoymusika: it was a pleasure and a privilege to jam with you! hard swinging and bopping, I'm floored! I wish I could've done justic to your parts...

fastfret: i hope that nice strat isn't for sale... coz i can't afford it yet! heheheheh

tam_guitar: huwag po! kawawa naman ako niyan ;) can't wait to hear you play when you set up that band with elmo!

Caren: nice to see you again! and with the identity clarified. fantastic van halen song you did, scary stuff you do with a guitar, pedal and amp! you've broken many egos (and hearts) that evening.

kulas: domo arigato gozaimasu for the cd and for letting me use your toys! landau is shocking, and you've got a fantastic rig... why look for a reverb pedal? no need! ganda ng distirtion plu mo dude, and the heeby can jazz up and rock out very well.

the everyone else (too many to thank, but no lesser, thanking you all would entail opening another thread)- nice to meet you all and thank you! :)

until we all convene again...
bro that fuze stuff freaks me, hehehe, next tym lets try sumtyn 'modal-jazz-funk' stuff! i really appreciate the record hope u have more weird stuff to burn me, meron me pala'frank zappa'guitar' album if ur intrested' abit weirder kay fuze'...cya :D

cool! i've got zappa's "shut up and play yer guitar" and my fave, "tinseltown rebellion". i'll look for my weird stuff! you dig eric dolphy?
eric dolphy pwede na rin, hehehe, avant garde stuffs! yung zappa ko ay yung live versions ng solos!   anyway i'll jst burn you, hanep tong version nya ng solos! :D

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2006, 12:24:45 AM »
hoy hoy hoy! penge din ako nyang mga materyal na yan...

ang mga meron ako:

baked potato (colaiuta, landau, laboriel), karizma (landau, colaiuta), tales from the bulge (landau), casiopea (akira jimbo), fusion for miles, mark varney project (gambale), birth of the cool, metheny mehldau, robben ford, like minds (corea, metheny)

yan pa lang. tell me kung ano gusto nyo, hehe. tapos ako bigyan nyo rin, hehe. na-inspire nyo ako mag-jazz eh, hehe.

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2006, 08:46:43 AM »
Quote from: toybitz
Thanks for everything!

Guitar One was meant for Elmo, Jay and Me tapping, swelling, etc on Elmo's pretty strat.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So, Jibbo na tayo?  8)
pwede! :lol:

yun na!!!! :)

Im up for that....not only am I learning, im enjoying playing with you guys...iba talaga pag magagaling ang mga kasama...nakakinspire ang tugtugan.
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline caren

« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »
thanks sa lhat who apprecated me that night..It was really an unforgettable gig for me..I have learned a lot from great guitarists there and you guys wud be one of my inspirations in making my guitar sing..Thanks so much for the chance sana next tym ulit..

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2006, 04:38:46 PM »
Quote from: Kulas
hoy hoy hoy! penge din ako nyang mga materyal na yan...

ang mga meron ako:

baked potato (colaiuta, landau, laboriel), karizma (landau, colaiuta), tales from the bulge (landau), casiopea (akira jimbo), fusion for miles, mark varney project (gambale), birth of the cool, metheny mehldau, robben ford, like minds (corea, metheny)

yan pa lang. tell me kung ano gusto nyo, hehe. tapos ako bigyan nyo rin, hehe. na-inspire nyo ako mag-jazz eh, hehe.
  wow kulas kopyaan mo naman ako ng karizma mo, hehehe kung ok din sayo add mo na rin yung like minds-idol ko tlga yan si chick,at metheny! hayaan mo i'll rip/burn you with my metheny records! kung ok sayo :)  :D

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
Re: October Jam EB- Oct 16 Call for Bands !
« Reply #283 on: October 22, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »
awww, nawala ung isang thread about the oct. 16 jam...

Offline jmorrero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2006, 01:43:22 AM »
Bamf thanks sa invitation...grabe ang galing ng mga musician nung gabing yun...  :D
anyway, ito na pla yung mga pic mga bro

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »
popogi!hehehe :evil:

• Veteran Member
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2006, 06:27:40 AM »
wow...pix...heheheh
3 lng save ko...alam nu na ung pangatlo...heheheheh

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2006, 11:05:15 AM »
wow...pix...heheheh
POGI MO ELMIO SA SHOTZ AH!BAGAY N BGAY KAU NI...HEHEHE JOKE! ;D

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2006, 02:58:09 PM »
elmo pogi mo nga!

pinkish pala pisngi mo!  :mrgreen:
There is no tone. There is only music.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #289 on: November 04, 2006, 01:19:33 AM »
wow...pix...heheheh
POGI MO ELMIO SA SHOTZ AH!BAGAY N BGAY KAU NI...HEHEHE JOKE! ;D

haaaay nakuuuu.....