hulika

Author Topic: FERNANDES GUITAR OWNER THREAD  (Read 16154 times)

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
Re: FERNANDES GUITAR OWNER THREAD
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2007, 07:15:20 PM »

dontcha just love fernandes guitars?

hahaha! cool photo man!!!  :-D

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 09:49:06 PM »
burny :-)

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »
Hi there, y'all!!!

I had just been reading a review on the Eric Johnson signature stratocaster, as well as the review of the John Mayer strat, and found myself really wanting another sunburst for my little collection.  Well, as luck would have it, i stumbled on this guitar two days ago......  I decided to join the Fernandes club  :-D :-D :-D

A Fernandes Strat......  problem is, there doesn't seem to be any info on the guitar itself to indicate what model it is, what year it was made, etc......  I just tested the thing though, and the stock pickups are good sounding enough for me to consider keeping them for the time being.....

I'm not too happy with the machineheads, however, and I'm planning to change those as soon as i find a set of Gotoh Kluson-style tuners........

Any other suggestions for this new project of mine?  And would you guys know what model this is, and where it was made? there's just no info on the net.....  The body looks to be 3 piece alder, and the fingerboard is a slab rosewood, fender style (extended board, 22 frets) .....  I'd love to hear from you guys......  Thanks for looking!!!

Chum
Immanuel Kant, BUT Genghis Khan!!!

Offline chris005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2007, 09:06:48 AM »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 05:02:36 PM by chris005 »
FS: ehx,gig-fx,boss,marshall, fernandes sustainer, guyatone

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=102458.0

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2007, 11:08:01 AM »
Could this be newer production models of Fernandes?

Hi there, y'all!!!

I had just been reading a review on the Eric Johnson signature stratocaster, as well as the review of the John Mayer strat, and found myself really wanting another sunburst for my little collection.  Well, as luck would have it, i stumbled on this guitar two days ago......  I decided to join the Fernandes club  :-D :-D :-D

A Fernandes Strat......  problem is, there doesn't seem to be any info on the guitar itself to indicate what model it is, what year it was made, etc......  I just tested the thing though, and the stock pickups are good sounding enough for me to consider keeping them for the time being.....

I'm not too happy with the machineheads, however, and I'm planning to change those as soon as i find a set of Gotoh Kluson-style tuners........

Any other suggestions for this new project of mine?  And would you guys know what model this is, and where it was made? there's just no info on the net.....  The body looks to be 3 piece alder, and the fingerboard is a slab rosewood, fender style (extended board, 22 frets) .....  I'd love to hear from you guys......  Thanks for looking!!!

Chum
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2007, 08:54:49 PM »
Hi there, stringman.....

I have actually seen that type of headstock on some teles that Fernandes made in the 1990s.....  The article was a special roundup of Telecasters in a Guitar Player special mag, which also reviewed a few Roger Mayer Effect pedals (Fuzz Faces, etc).... Anyway, like i mentioned, the guitar itself has no serial number, nor any other indications as to what model it is, etc......  although i stil haven't tried taking off the neck and pickguard, but i will be doing these in the coming days.....

Anyway, I'd be glad to hear from any of you who own a similar guitar to my strat.....  There is a Fernandes website, but it seems to be down..... I will be trying the other Fernandes forums on Japanaxe next for info.....

Thanks for looking!!!

Chum

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2007, 05:23:00 AM »
Well, my Fernandes is done.....  It was identified as a Fernandes LE2 Strat from the 1990s by the guys over at the TGF Forum.....

The tuners were the main change on this guitar.....  Set up was of course by the good Doc Arie.......

These are the stock ceramic magnet pickups……  I’m still in the market for replacement ones, but the stock pickups do sound good, very nice for blues……..

I could not resist doing a comparison with my Tokai, so i took some pics of them together.....

The Tokai Springy Sound’s triple sunburst is more pronounced than that on the Fernandes LE2……..

Thanks for looking!!!!

Chum

Offline Domengik

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »
i was always gassing for a fernandes native x

too bad its now discontinued. although i still saw one for sale in singapore

grabe! ang ganda! i love it  68765465768467545878587546578428547542000 times! :-D
"I was taught to think the next week or month or year will only get better than it is today. So I just keep waiting to see how great it will get!"
   --Stevie Ray Vaughan

Offline pelipeplips

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2007, 09:46:58 AM »
Mga sirs. San po ba nakaka bili ng fernandes dito sa pinas?  :-D
Soundclick page.
Epiphone EM2 Rebel->Pignose 7-100 Amp->Boss DS1->Boston EQ100->Boss Pitch Shifter PS5->Mimicman Analog Delay

Offline sd8450

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2007, 11:18:27 PM »
This is my first fernandes guitar, a Tomoyasu Hotei sustainer model. I bought it about 3 years ago when I was working abroad. I did not have much time to play electric guitar and played my classical guitar more often (just a hobby). I usually just bring this out when I want to have fun with the sustainer, so it had stayed in very good condition. :-)

Merry Christmas to all in Philmusic!!! :-D :-D :-D
Vintage and Not-So Vintage Amps
http://vintageguitaramps.blogspot.com/

Offline rastaman2

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:02 PM »
hi ask ko lang kung what model po ito and kung legit?
thanks