hulika

Author Topic: rippingyarns  (Read 5182 times)

Offline sir_tsarlz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
rippingyarns
« on: September 15, 2000, 07:42:56 PM »
great great music. i'm convinced that cynthia's the philippine's queen of acoustic guitar. rate this album a nine.
------------------

i listened 2 the cd first @ music1 b4 i bought the album.i was glad 2 find lyrics printed on the in-lay card. b4 i knew it i was tapping my fingers and moving my body to the melodies.  but because my budget was low(i only receive allowance) i opted for the cassette tape. i excitedly went home. in my room i ripped the plastic. guess what?! no lyrics on the in-lay card. aughhhh!!!why? why? why?..cynthia?

Offline jazzbo

rippingyarns
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2000, 10:25:19 AM »
Quote from: sir_tsarlz
i listened 2 the cd first @ music1 b4 i bought the album.i was glad 2 find lyrics printed on the in-lay card. b4 i knew it i was tapping my fingers and moving my body to the melodies.  but because my budget was low(i only receive allowance) i opted for the cassette tape. i excitedly went home. in my room i ripped the plastic. guess what?! no lyrics on the in-lay card. aughhhh!!!why? why? why?..cynthia?

Maybe you can write n/a records and they can send you the cd booklet or something. see http://www.narecords.com

Offline firewoman

cassette lyrics
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2000, 12:30:33 AM »
I heard cynthia once on the radio saying that she intended not to put the lyrics on the cassette sleeve since it's available online check out http://www.cynthiaalexander.com
Her album's great man, good food for the soul :)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[Barbie's Cradle Online]
http://www.barbiescradle.com.ph -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline jazzbo

Re: cassette lyrics
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2000, 01:06:37 AM »
Quote from: firewoman
I heard cynthia once on the radio saying that she intended not to put the lyrics on the cassette sleeve since it's available online check out http://www.cynthiaalexander.com

Yeah, but they're on the CD sleeve anyway! Maybe it's a sneaky incentive to buy the CD :)

Offline sir_tsarlz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
rippingyarns
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2000, 01:46:42 PM »
no lyrics on cynthia's website. there used to be a page meant 4 the lyrics. i tried to click it be4 but was empty. i thought it was just under construction. now,  they've reformatted the website and the lyrics page is gone. well, here's the chorus of "DAisy CHain" that still lingers in my mind.

"Do you need somebody
         Do you need someone
         Who will make the sunset
         Last forever
         Who will daisy chain you
         To the summer"

if anybody finds a source 4 the album lyrics please email me: sir_tsarlz79@eudoramail.com. THanKS!

Anonymous

Vote for Cynthia!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2000, 05:36:09 PM »
I'd like to start a campaign here for our goddess of the acoustic guitar, Cynthia Alexander!!

Please vote for her in the following categories in the NU Rock Awards!!

SONG OF THE YEAR - U & I
ALBUM OF THE YEAR - RIPPINGYARNS
BEST VOCALIST
BEST GUITARIST
BEST PRODUCER

Offline jhunterproject

Re: rippingyarns
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 03:24:43 AM »
naghahanap ako album nato wala n talaga ko makita... insomya lang meron ako at comets tale... galing talaga ni cynthia... :-)

Offline gutz_3110

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »
where can i get her cds? i only have inmosnia...

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »
Tower records bro ;)  One of the best or perhaps the best na narinig kong female artist as a whole !! .  ..Song writer...guitarist... ..bassist. . .her voice. . syet san ka pa !

Ok ang Comet's Tail. .

What have you lost that you are weeping ?
What have you found that you have lost ?
What have you built that has been broken ?
You have not anything.
We have come emptyhanded
We will go emptyhanded.
-Bhagavad-Gita

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »
rippingyarns is in my regular playlist :) wonderful engineering too by mr Angee Rozul.
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 02:01:15 PM »
where can i get her cds? i only have inmosnia...

Conspiracy Bar in Visayas Ave. QC never runs out of Cynthia Alexander Albums.

kung kukuha kayo timing nyo na si Cynthia din ang on-stage that night so pwedeng-pwede ipa-autograph.  :-)
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:25:16 AM »
This album is a 12/10.
And Cynthia is a GODDESS.
We are mere mortals.
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »
rippingyarns is in my regular playlist :) wonderful engineering too by mr Angee Rozul.

i remember mike pedero sampled this one when we were doing a workshop..
sabi ko ganda ng mix, comment nya lubog daw boses ni cynthia.. hehehe .. which was true din , he did a simple eq'ing and the vocals were suddenly more upfront although syempre mixed down na yun eh.. so pati iba damay.. hehehe

I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline gutz_3110

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
great! thanks jamming_papu...i'll drop by conspiracy then!

Offline Delaware

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
Kudos to Cynthia Alexander for this wonderful album. :-)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 08:05:24 AM »
i remember mike pedero sampled this one when we were doing a workshop..
sabi ko ganda ng mix, comment nya lubog daw boses ni cynthia.. hehehe .. which was true din , he did a simple eq'ing and the vocals were suddenly more upfront although syempre mixed down na yun eh.. so pati iba damay.. hehehe

i'm guessing this was the artist's preference ;)
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744