hulika

Author Topic: the FLYING-V squad!!  (Read 108206 times)

Offline ischukuploof

Re: the FLYING-V squad!!
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »
help nawawala sa tono ung 2nd 3rd 4th string ko sa kahoy ba ng mic na baby schenker or sa stock lng na tuners?
uhhhhhhhhhhhh. uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #351 on: August 17, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »
I can finally be here!

:evil:

Early 80's Burny Flying V

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #352 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:30 PM »
I can finally be here!

nice one bro! ENJOY  HER~!!!! BWAHAHAHA
AMMK!!!

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #353 on: August 17, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »
I can finally be here!

nice! di ba naka package to? congrats man! thats a nice lookin V.
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:56 PM »
nice one bro! ENJOY  HER~!!!! BWAHAHAHA
Thanks man! Restoration at hardcase hunt naman!  :-D

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »
May mga nakita kong HAMER V's ah. what can you say about it? how does it sound? :)

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2012, 03:55:24 AM »
I had been a member of the Flying-V squad for a while, but I wanted to share my new toy, added to my family:

I went to a guitar store called GUITAR CENTER (with over 800 guitars on display) in Nashville. The attendants, who were very helpful and accommodating, let me try the following axes:

ESP LTD EC-1000

Gibson USA LP

Dean Dave Mustaine VMNT

And decided to get the (obviously)

The Gibson USA LP IMHO has the best sound, way better than the LTD Eclipse (but haven't been able to compare it with an ESP Eclipse). But I am a heavily Megadeth-inspired guitar player hence I got the Dean instead.

So far so good. :aok:

This is his brother which I left back home sa Pinas

Just wanted to add:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:37:08 AM by mustaine_factor »
Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)
Processors: Line6 PODHD300, Line6 Floor POD
Amps: Line6 Spider IV 75 w/ FBV2 Footswitch

Offline mastergelo

« Reply #357 on: January 31, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »
nice.. a thread dedicated for V shaped guitars...   :razz:

Hi guys  :) newbie here.. just wanted to share my custom Rhoads V made by mang Max Rufo.... Its an Ibanez (neck) Jackson and ESP hybrid.. Loaded with Max Rufo pickup... Straight forward metal guitar  :-D

Neck-through construction

Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai, Chuck Schuldiner, Manuel Legarda

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »
awesome purchase, mustaine factor! :)

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2012, 03:46:11 AM »
awesome purchase, mustaine factor! :)

Thanks for appreciating.

I'd like to share my experience with the attendants of Guitar Center in Nashville. First I went there, one attendant was very accommodating, showing me a lot of stuffs and I said "no thank you I am just looking around". Despite of telling him that, he kept on showing more stuffs to me and even handed me the LTD EC-1000 should I wanted to test it. I am amazed on how good their customer service is. Once I started testing the EC-1000 on an amplifier of my choice (they let me chose what amp I wanted to use for testing), I didn't noticed that he placed a couple more guitars by my side should I wanted to test more axes. Those guitars were more than a thousand dollars apiece.

After 30 minutes of playing like I was in heaven, I handed them over the guitars and said thank you, I might be back. The attendant gave me his calling card. I mean, what the... None of them discriminated a customer doing just window shopping.   :mrgreen:

Without promising them anything, I returned a couple of weeks later and purchased the Dean VMNT. I told them that I'll be flying off to Manila soon and then showed me a bunch of more guitar cases ideal for flying, explained to me the science of flying with a guitar, gave me tips on how to secure it, and a few bubble wraps. Upon checking out from their cashier, I asked the attendant if I could have a guitar pick for free and he automatically handed me over a handful of it.

Wala na akong masabi. As in WOW for customer service!

How I wish guitar shops have attendants like these in our country. Super amazing!

I can't forget my experience at LYRIC MOA, when I asked one of the attendants how much was the Edwards Alexi Scythe, and the reply was instantly given back to me without hesitation "MAHAL YAN SIR".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:17:29 AM by mustaine_factor »
Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2012, 03:50:49 AM »
Thanks for appreciating.

I'd like to share my experience with the attendants of Guitar Center in Nashville. First I went there, one attendant was very accommodating, showing me a lot of stuffs and I said "no thank you I am just looking around". Despite of telling him that, he kept on showing more stuffs to me and even handed me the LTD EC-1000 should I wanted to test it. I am amazed on how good their customer service is. Once I started testing the EC-1000 on an amplifier of my choice (they let me chose what amp I wanted to use for testing), I didn't noticed that he placed a couple more guitars by my side should I wanted to test the more axes. Those guitars were more than a thousand dollars apiece.

After 30 minutes of playing like I was in heaven, I handed them over the guitars and said thank you, I might be back. The attendant gave me his calling card. I mean, what the... None of them discriminated a customer doing just window shopping.   :mrgreen:

Without promising them anything, I returned a couple of weeks later and purchased the Dean VMNT. I told them that I'll be flying off to Manila soon and then showed me a bunch of more guitar cases ideal for flying, explained to me the science of flying with a guitar, gave me tips on how to secure it, and a few bubble wraps. Upon checking out from their cashier, I asked the attendant if I could have a guitar pick for free and he automatically handed me over a handful of it.

How I wish guitar shops have attendants like these in our country. Super amazing!

I can't forget my experience at LYRIC MOA, when I asked one of the attendants how much was the Edwards Alexi Scythe, and the reply was instantly given back to me without hesitation "MAHAL YAN SIR".

Man, thats how it should be here!!!

Bastos nung sa lyric ah hehe

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #361 on: February 01, 2012, 03:55:54 AM »
Man, thats how it should be here!!!

Bastos nung sa lyric ah hehe

The moral of the story is that, each person that comes in your store is a potential buyer, may not be today but who knows when. The nicer you are to them, the more GAS will be induced. Just my two cents.  :money:

Offline kctan666

• Veteran Member
« Reply #362 on: February 05, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »
now I can join - thanks to prince22 for the trade

burny flying v

will have it decaled as burny soon enough

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »
Hi.

Got a 90s epiphone korean v. The stock pups sound anemic for drop C, medyo muddy and loose siya. I use a set of not even slinkies, cant remember specific gauges. Sa pod xt ko siya gamit specifically the spinal puppet amp sim.

What pickups can you recommend for tight riffing? Dunno kasi the wood type of this geetar, seems a bit too light nga eh.

Thanks sir!
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
Hi.

Got a 90s epiphone korean v. The stock pups sound anemic for drop C, medyo muddy and loose siya. I use a set of not even slinkies, cant remember specific gauges. Sa pod xt ko siya gamit specifically the spinal puppet amp sim.

What pickups can you recommend for tight riffing? Dunno kasi the wood type of this geetar, seems a bit too light nga eh.

Thanks sir!

You might wanna try the following:

1. Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1

http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/products/electric/humbuckers/AHB-1.jpg

2. Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine LiveWire

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/high-output/lwmust_livewire/

Perfect for down-tuned high gained setup. LiveWire Mustaines may be a bit less hot than the EMG's but had a much thicker tone. The lows and mids of the Mustaines are greater than the EMG 81, which I think is perfect for C tuning. It will sound better too if you use the strings with gauges 13-17-26-36-46-56.

Just my two cents.

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #365 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »
Thanks for appreciating.

I'd like to share my experience with the attendants of Guitar Center in Nashville. First I went there, one attendant was very accommodating, showing me a lot of stuffs and I said "no thank you I am just looking around". Despite of telling him that, he kept on showing more stuffs to me and even handed me the LTD EC-1000 should I wanted to test it. I am amazed on how good their customer service is. Once I started testing the EC-1000 on an amplifier of my choice (they let me chose what amp I wanted to use for testing), I didn't noticed that he placed a couple more guitars by my side should I wanted to test more axes. Those guitars were more than a thousand dollars apiece.

nakakainis yun bantay ah.

i think our local music stores SHOULD train their frontliners on PROPER CUSTOMER handling. i know this is a little bit OT na. pero the best customer service i had was in audiophile pioneer, thanks to sir lito. kahit araw araw ako nagwiwindow shopping dun date, he was very accomodating, for a time suki na ko sa kanya on guitar setups and repairs and accesories.
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #366 on: February 22, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
nakakainis yun bantay ah.

i think our local music stores SHOULD train their frontliners on PROPER CUSTOMER handling. i know this is a little bit OT na. pero the best customer service i had was in audiophile pioneer, thanks to sir lito. kahit araw araw ako nagwiwindow shopping dun date, he was very accomodating, for a time suki na ko sa kanya on guitar setups and repairs and accesories.

OT again!

Up for sir Lito! He was the one who installed the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine LiveWire on my Jackson King V JS32T (the lowest end King V). After what he did, my King V sounded bad a**!   :razz:

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #367 on: February 22, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
OT again!

Up for sir Lito! He was the one who installed the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine LiveWire on my Jackson King V JS32T (the lowest end King V). After what he did, my King V sounded bad a**!   :razz:

haha too bad he's far from marikina. he's a good friend of rey vargas of guitarfix. both of them worked for rj date :)

ang ok kay lito, pwede ka tumambay at itest yun mga ibanez sa pioneer habang hinihintay mo yun guitar mo :)
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2012, 08:22:46 PM »
makakasali na ako sa thread na to.
gibson flying v

pics from tedi. basically what you see is what you get. wala pa akong actual pics.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »
Mustaine! That's badass!

Was actually thinkin of passive pups, either jb or distortion for the bridge. and just disconnect the tone pot. pero i'm kinda curious sa blackouts. i do have emg81/85 on a prs and emg81/81 on an ibby, both mahogany. And i do love that metal tone i get from active pups. diba si mustaine naka jb din dati? I worry kasi where to shoehorn the battery.

Any ideas as to the kind of wood ng epi ko? Its a bit light and soft. Di kaya plywood? Hehe. I read sa mga forums na may mga plywood epi na galing korea during the 90s, pero bihira info and mostly sketchy info. Maybe i should try scrapin off the paint to find out.

You might wanna try the following:

1. Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1

http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/products/electric/humbuckers/AHB-1.jpg

2. Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine LiveWire

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/high-output/lwmust_livewire/

Perfect for down-tuned high gained setup. LiveWire Mustaines may be a bit less hot than the EMG's but had a much thicker tone. The lows and mids of the Mustaines are greater than the EMG 81, which I think is perfect for C tuning. It will sound better too if you use the strings with gauges 13-17-26-36-46-56.

Just my two cents.

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2012, 12:31:53 AM »
Mustaine! That's badass!

Was actually thinkin of passive pups, either jb or distortion for the bridge. and just disconnect the tone pot. pero i'm kinda curious sa blackouts. i do have emg81/85 on a prs and emg81/81 on an ibby, both mahogany. And i do love that metal tone i get from active pups. diba si mustaine naka jb din dati? I worry kasi where to shoehorn the battery.

Seymour Duncan Mustaine LiveWire is practically a set of SH-4 JB and SH-2n Jazz pickups but are "ACTIVE". So imagine the punch it can give you. Mr. Lito of Audiophile Pioneer was able to properly make room for the battery when he installed the LiveWire to my King V JS32T. I think kaya naman yan with an Epi V.

As for your other question, that I can not answer. Di ako maalam with Epiphones but I'll help you by me trying to google it in the next few days. Can you post a picture of your Epi V? Thanks!

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
@mustaine_factor,

thanks bro! dami kasing info na magkakaiba. nothin definitive on a 90s epi V. think the actives will be the best for tightness. plus the body wood won't be the weakest link in the tone, if it does prove to be a laminate body. otherwise i'm still on the fence with the passives, either a hot paf, distortion, jb or even a rail bucker of some sort like a L500xl, dimebucker or x2n! plano ko dito to take away the tone pot and neck pup from the circuit, and just have volume pot and an uberhot bridge pup!

pero that hot jb tone with the mustaine set sounds like what i'd like to get. megadeth rules! \m/

Seymour Duncan Mustaine LiveWire is practically a set of SH-4 JB and SH-2n Jazz pickups but are "ACTIVE". So imagine the punch it can give you. Mr. Lito of Audiophile Pioneer was able to properly make room for the battery when he installed the LiveWire to my King V JS32T. I think kaya naman yan with an Epi V.

As for your other question, that I can not answer. Di ako maalam with Epiphones but I'll help you by me trying to google it in the next few days. Can you post a picture of your Epi V? Thanks!

Offline riffmeister

« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2012, 12:45:29 AM »
What's left of my guitars after wifey gave birth hehe. It's a Dean VMNTX with an Entwistle Darkstar on the bridge:

Gonna rebuild my arsenal this year \m/

Offline siopao69

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »
Hey guys, anyone here use a V with the output jack on the front face of the guitar? usually near the bottom wing tip.
I was wondering- parang awkward ang design- the cable would be very exposed to movement when playing live. and when hooked through the strap, makes the guitar look weird (nag-shape na triangle)

sorry pag medyo vague (hope i make sense)
Anyways, any thoughts on these?

Im new to flying v's so maybe im missing something..

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »
check-out Dimebag ;)

Hey guys, anyone here use a V with the output jack on the front face of the guitar? usually near the bottom wing tip.
I was wondering- parang awkward ang design- the cable would be very exposed to movement when playing live. and when hooked through the strap, makes the guitar look weird (nag-shape na triangle)

sorry pag medyo vague (hope i make sense)
Anyways, any thoughts on these?

Im new to flying v's so maybe im missing something..
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;