hulika

Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 1871 times)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Led Zeppelin
« on: April 03, 2005, 11:06:28 PM »
Ok, next on the agenda is the 2-DVD set of Led Zep from previously unreleased performances... Not as gorgeously filmed as The Song Remains The Same, but no weird fantasy sequences that get in the way of the music, or so I've read. Back to you guys later....

Offline Destroyer Of Senses

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Led Zeppelin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 05:12:10 AM »
This DVD blows Song Remains The Same away tenfold.  I'd think that way especially when describing the first DVD on the set since it shows the band as the hungry and ambitious musicians that I loved listening to from albums I-III.  This is a great companion to the triple CD live set in Long Beach, CA.  If anything, it's worth it to see them do Communication Breakdown and Dazed and Confused on one of those Scandinavian TV shows.  My favorite part is on the second DVD at Earls Court where they do a sublime rendition of Going To California and That's The Way.  I've always liked acoustic Zep over the electric stuff mainly because Pagey's guitar arrangements shine more clearly.  You'll also be surprised to look at the footage as though it seemed like it was only filmed last year, especially with the way haircuts and fashion right now seem to look the same as when this was filmed...uncanny.

Offline isis

Led Zeppelin
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 06:43:24 PM »
i have to agree with destroyer of senses when he says that this blows the song remains the same away! it's completely awesome! :D
i'm not crazy. the rest of the world is.