hulika

Author Topic: Are you really a Rasta Dread Thread?  (Read 49052 times)

Offline r0nd0gg

Are you really a Rasta Dread Thread?
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:30:53 PM »
napaka lungkot na marami sa nagrereggae dito s pinas na hindi naman nila naiintindihan ang ibig sabihin ng Rastafari at pag Dedreadlocks. For me, Reggae music is not only feeling music and smoking marijuana. dapat malaman natin kung ano yung puno't dulo ng lahat ng ito. ang reggae ay ang kwento ng mga tao sa Jamaica at ang pakikipaglaban nila sa paniniwala nila. si Bob Marley, Peter Tosh at marami pang iba ang mga nag silbing messenger sa mundo ng kwento ng mga Rastafarian. Ang reggae music is a music for a cause, musika na nag lalayunin na mabago ang pananaw ng mundo. reggae music is spiritual music, you feel it, you dont hear it. Dreadlocks is not a fashion nor status symbol, dreadlocks is sacred you wear it with respect. kahit hindi ka naka dreadlock basta alam mo yung roots ng Rastafari by heart you are surely a Rastaman.

Reggae Music penetrates the Mind, Body and Soul... reggae music is not what you hear, reggae music is what you feel, and if you dont feel reggae music, you will never know it.  –Peter Tosh

caphai_hemp@hotmail.com

Offline dread@thecontrol

Re: Are you really a Rasta Dread Thread?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:33:53 AM »
Oh how I wish to see more posts like this out here...

First things first, Reggae and Rastafari are two different things. Not all Reggae listeners are Rasta and not all Reggae music is about Rastafari.

Rastas embraced Reggae as a vehicle to convey their positive spiritual messages, as well as to enlighten those who have been blinded by all the [strawberry] of the Babylon [gooey brown stuff].

Rastafari, whose beliefs and practices are deeply rooted in Christianity (which incidentally traces its origins in Ethiopia), is not a religion per se but rather a path taken by those who seek enlightenment. This is pretty much similar to the path taken by the Rizalistas, the Ascetics and Buddhists in Asia, the Amish in Amerikkka, etc etc

The wearing of dreadlocks (which gives Rastas that "dreadful appearance) can be traced back to Biblical times as the Nazarenes took on the vow not to cut nor comb their locks (hair). Another significant influence to the Rastafari practice of growing their locks was a photo of Kenyan Mau-Mau warriors fighting alongside HIM Hailie Selassie I when Ethiopia was being attacked by Mussolinni's forces in the 1930's, which they successfully repelled.

Dreadlocks was also a sign of not conforming to the established norms of Babylon. Back in 1950's and 60's Jamaica, flashing your locks in public was an act of defiance and could land you in jail. Sad to say, in these present times, it has been reduced to a mere fashion [strawberry] by morons in red gold and green outfits mimicking all the patois they could imitate (and not understand) and land you a spot on some stupid sensationalist tv show cleverly disguising itself as an  investitigative reportage.

As for the pathetic state of the local Reggae scene, I would have to say that it would take us years (I even seriously doubt that I will see it in my lifetime), before most of our musicians and listeners alike, truly grasp the true essence of what Reggae and Rasta truly is.  To this day, I have only seen a handful of musicians who know how to play Reggae (from the heart) and understand its meaning. The rest are just leeches sucking on to keep their poseur asses alive. Many are called, but few are chosen. You've got to beware of wolve in sheep's clothing... as the saying goes.

Its good to know that there are still free thinkers like you who do not swallow all the [strawberry] out there. May your tribe increase ten thousand fold rondogg!

Until we overcome the "Doobie Nights" and Xaymaca syndromes that plague the curent scene, I guess we're all riding up [gooey brown stuff] creek my friend... and this is where I'n'I get off.

"WORD, SOUND AND POWER"

Offline nichteque

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:00:48 AM »
Until we overcome the "Doobie Nights" and Xaymaca syndromes that plague the curent scene, I guess we're all riding up [gooey brown stuff] creek my friend... and this is where I'n'I get off.

you forgot the bobojoe syndrome  :lol:

Offline dread@thecontrol

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 04:30:43 AM »

you forgot the bobojoe syndrome  :lol:

Bumboklaaaat!
"WORD, SOUND AND POWER"

Offline xed26ph

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 06:51:30 PM »

i agree, makes sense.. real sense.
positive vibes nga.
If knowledge can create problems, then it is not through ignorance that we will solve them.

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 08:43:43 PM »
may comment ako dyan sa Doobie nights compilattion... yung ibang mga banda dun and halos lahat pera lang yung peace pipe, coffee break at may ilan pa naman na real reaggae... pero karamihan lalo na yung bandang nag sisimula sa The "C" napanuod ko sila, binaboy lng nila yung reggae, and i will consider them as a reggae band. beat lang nila reggae and most of the time heavy riffs sila.. sana nag alternative na lng sila... binababoy lng nia yung reggae music.. sila yung isang example ng naka dreads lang reggae na ang tingin nila sa sarili nila... binastos lang nila yung music.

Offline jerickrazon

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 11:37:17 PM »
may comment ako dyan sa Doobie nights compilattion... yung ibang mga banda dun and halos lahat pera lang yung peace pipe, coffee break at may ilan pa naman na real reaggae... pero karamihan lalo na yung bandang nag sisimula sa The "C" napanuod ko sila, binaboy lng nila yung reggae, and i will consider them as a reggae band. beat lang nila reggae and most of the time heavy riffs sila.. sana nag alternative na lng sila... binababoy lng nia yung reggae music.. sila yung isang example ng naka dreads lang reggae na ang tingin nila sa sarili nila... binastos lang nila yung music.

I see. I know them personally. I don't think that they joined that compilation just for the money and that they mistreated the genre. I don't like that kind of reggae as well, but thats their stuff and we just gonna have to respect it. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. They were just trying to make a difference in their own way. But I agree that some of them were just bogus, pretending to be a reggae band, but I have nothing against them. Lets get better, start with the man in the mirror. Inspire others to dig deeper and embrace reggae as a whole. Improve the state of reggae in our country. Stop the negativity. Peace.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:45:49 PM by jerickrazon »

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »
hindi naman ako against sa sinasabi mo na respect natin yung ginagawa nilang music. they are good. but i guess they have the wrong attitude, and i think it comes along. siguro nga na pa skank lang ang karamihan sa kanila kaya sila sa album na yun. and i learn to accept the fact not to blame them on spreading such music. eh dapat siguro nag submit din ako ng demo at baka ako pa yung krini-criticize d2 sa Thread na to. hehe..

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 11:47:23 AM »
i just want to clear that this thread is not about 1 person or 1 band who's on the hot seat. but in this small space they are getting 2 kinds of publicity: 1st they are getting known, 2nd they get criticize. they are lucky 50%.

and if any topic will reach these personalities and bands, they are free to join this thread.

the important thing is we could change facts and opinions about what we are goin to talk about in the future. everybody is free to speak what's in his mind and heart.

we can educate and be educated :-)

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 12:44:35 PM »

As for the pathetic state of the local Reggae scene, I would have to say that it would take us years (I even seriously doubt that I will see it in my lifetime), before most of our musicians and listeners alike, truly grasp the true essence of what Reggae and Rasta truly is.  To this day, I have only seen a handful of musicians who know how to play Reggae (from the heart) and understand its meaning. The rest are just leeches sucking on to keep their poseur asses alive. Many are called, but few are chosen. You've got to beware of wolve in sheep's clothing... as the saying goes.

Its good to know that there are still free thinkers like you who do not swallow all the [strawberry]ery out there. May your tribe increase ten thousand fold rondogg!

i totally agree with you but it's hard to become a rasta when you're born and raised as an indio. doobie nights and xaymaca syndrome? hmm... last time i checked doobie nights is just a radio show/album and xaymaca is just a place for gathering and good music, same goes for chakik's and island riddims :wink: most of the wolves in sheeps clothing nowadays are not musicians (although some are, at least i know one) but prods who offer a good helping hand but don't give the musicians the right pay after the album is produced, in short - soloista/gustong yumaman agad! i enjoy playing reggae music every single time i get up on stage, but that doesn't make me a rasta or an idiot trying to be a rasta. the world is opening-up to new things, iba nung panahon ni bob marley sa panahon ngayon. music has changed in style, groove and even in concept (like the reggae-hardcore bands which i personally don't dig) which is a good thing because at least musicians are coming up with new ideas. it's all up to us listeners if we would support these artists because if nobody listens anymore they'd most probably shut up
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline nichteque

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »

the c. hehe. i know them...they're good friends. hindi naman tama yata yung "binaboy" na term. think of it like this...kumakain ba kayo ng adobong may mayonnaise? binaboy mo na ba yung adobo pag nilagyan mo ng mayonnaise? i don't think so. pero may magsasabi na "yak, kadiri ka naman". eh kung sa nasasarapan ako eh. parang spaghetti na may peanut butter.

it's just a matter of choice and taste. for some, it will never be true reggae. for some, it's just plain music that they can enjoy. for some, it's funny. respect nalang.

Offline dread@thecontrol

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 09:24:16 PM »

i totally agree with you but it's hard to become a rasta when you're born and raised as an indio. doobie nights and xaymaca syndrome? hmm... last time i checked doobie nights is just a radio show/album and xaymaca is just a place for gathering and good music, same goes for chakik's and island riddims :wink: most of the wolves in sheeps clothing nowadays are not musicians (although some are, at least i know one) but prods who offer a good helping hand but don't give the musicians the right pay after the album is produced, in short - soloista/gustong yumaman agad! i enjoy playing reggae music every single time i get up on stage, but that doesn't make me a rasta or an idiot trying to be a rasta. the world is opening-up to new things, iba nung panahon ni bob marley sa panahon ngayon. music has changed in style, groove and even in concept (like the reggae-hardcore bands which i personally don't dig) which is a good thing because at least musicians are coming up with new ideas. it's all up to us listeners if we would support these artists because if nobody listens anymore they'd most probably shut up

Now, whoever said that you had to be a Rasta to enjoy listening to, and playing Reggae? I think you should brush up a little more on your comprehension skills before you start firing away my friend. Faith and music have no boundaries. It sees no race, no color, no creed. Don't use it as an excuse to cover up for your lack of understanding.

As for your other insinuations, I suggest you start naming names and backing them up with facts and hard evidence. Otherwise, all these would be reduced to the level of plain gossip and hearsay.
I would like to dwell more on this topic but I really don't think this is the proper forum for such, so I suggest you open a new thread and I will divulge all the dirt you can ever imagine.  Believe me, once I open my mouth, the sh*t's gonna hit the fan so hard you had better run for cover.

For now, all I can say is, if it weren't for producers who go out of their way to get these bands heard, most (if not all) of them would still be playing for peanuts in some uncharted hole-in-the-wall bar along with dozens of other bands who will eventually get lost in obscurity. I bet you don't even have the slightest idea as to how much a producer spends before an album deal gets approved ... and that comes out of his or her own pocket. Believe me, its more money than you've ever made in your life.

Fact is - and you can ask any band who's been in the recording business for years - there is really no money to be made by making an album as most of the expenses go into production. Its the gigs you get when the album is released that's financially rewarding. Well, that's if you know how to play your cards right. Bottomline is, if you don't have a long-term goal and you think you know this business more than we do, then go right ahead and make your mark. Mahirap magmarunong kung di mo naman talaga alam ang puno't dulo ng bawa't bagay.

As far as new ideas being injected into the genre are concerned, I'm all for it for as long as the people concerned know what they're doing. Therefore, it would be wise to know the rule before you start breaking it. Sad to say, all these so called "new" ideas that you're referring to have all been done before and sounded a whole lot better back then when musicians had more heart and conviction. The problem is you all think it's new because your musical history only goes back to a certain period. Try digging deeper and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

"WORD, SOUND AND POWER"

Offline burnok100

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 01:56:39 AM »
[/quote]
===================================
hmmmmm..... hey .... teka muna....
while reading between the lines... parang personal na ang mga poste mo...? can you please name names? or name JUST ONE NAME?

anyways... how about THE NEW IDEAS that you have..? can you share it with us "OLDIES"...??

for me.. pare.. you have to KNOW your PAST to get to the FUTURE... simple lang... YOU DO NOT KNOW SH**t ABOUT THE "OLD IDEAS" THAT'S WHY YOU CREATE YOUR SO CALLED NEW IDEAS TO COVER UP YOUR LAME BS...
my $200.00 OPINION...

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:19:32 PM by burnok100 »
- inosente lang ang nagtataka

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 01:48:32 PM »

Now, whoever said that you had to be a Rasta to enjoy listening to, and playing Reggae? I think you should brush up a little more on your comprehension skills before you start firing away my friend. Faith and music have no boundaries. It sees no race, no color, no creed. Don't use it as an excuse to cover up for your lack of understanding.

As for your other insinuations, I suggest you start naming names and backing them up with facts and hard evidence. Otherwise, all these would be reduced to the level of plain gossip and hearsay.
I would like to dwell more on this topic but I really don't think this is the proper forum for such, so I suggest you open a new thread and I will divulge all the dirt you can ever imagine.  Believe me, once I open my mouth, the sh*t's gonna hit the fan so hard you had better run for cover.

For now, all I can say is, if it weren't for producers who go out of their way to get these bands heard, most (if not all) of them would still be playing for peanuts in some uncharted hole-in-the-wall bar along with dozens of other bands who will eventually get lost in obscurity. I bet you don't even have the slightest idea as to how much a producer spends before an album deal gets approved ... and that comes out of his or her own pocket. Believe me, its more money than you've ever made in your life.

Fact is - and you can ask any band who's been in the recording business for years - there is really no money to be made by making an album as most of the expenses go into production. Its the gigs you get when the album is released that's financially rewarding. Well, that's if you know how to play your cards right. Bottomline is, if you don't have a long-term goal and you think you know this business more than we do, then go right ahead and make your mark. Mahirap magmarunong kung di mo naman talaga alam ang puno't dulo ng bawa't bagay.

As far as new ideas being injected into the genre are concerned, I'm all for it for as long as the people concerned know what they're doing. Therefore, it would be wise to know the rule before you start breaking it. Sad to say, all these so called "new" ideas that you're referring to have all been done before and sounded a whole lot better back then when musicians had more heart and conviction. The problem is you all think it's new because your musical history only goes back to a certain period. Try digging deeper and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

first up, i'm not naming names because this does not concern a certain individual. NO ONE IN PARTICULAR. not even the person you're thinking of. i was simply spitting out something off my mind, just my piece. but if it got to you, well....  second, i don't recall saying that you have to become a rasta to play reggae. did i? i admire you for lecturing us about rasta history and enlightening us with your knowledge, that was really refreshing.

spending money on a band is one thing, but getting properly paid for is another. yes, it's true, some prods go out of their way to get these bands heard and they shell-out money and all that but don't they get paid back? doesn't the record company provide the budget for the band and all their recording expenses?

Bottomline is, if you don't have a long-term goal and you think you know this business more than we do, then go right ahead and make your mark. Mahirap magmarunong kung di mo naman talaga alam ang puno't dulo ng bawa't bagay.

so ano po ba ang puno't-dulo ng mga bagay? di po ako nagmamarunong, nakikialam lang :wink:

As far as new ideas being injected into the genre are concerned, I'm all for it for as long as the people concerned know what they're doing. Therefore, it would be wise to know the rule before you start breaking it. Sad to say, all these so called "new" ideas that you're referring to have all been done before and sounded a whole lot better back then when musicians had more heart and conviction. The problem is you all think it's new because your musical history only goes back to a certain period. Try digging deeper and you'll understand what I'm talking about

so you're saying musicians nowadays don't have heart and conviction? that everything sounded much better then than now? i'm sorry but i think that's crap! i envy you because you lived in an era of legends and great music (while all i can do is just watch it in dvd and listen to an edited recording) but there's nothing i can do about that. yup, you're probably older than i am but does that really make you superior? does that give you the right to say what is and what's not? it's hard to dig-up history because it goes waaaay back... reason why i'm living in the present and not in the past

again this is just my opinion based on what you had to say. if i sound offensive, i'm sorry. i'm taking this as a healthy argument, nothing personal.

cheers,

franco

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »
while reading between the lines... parang personal na ang mga poste mo...? can you please name names? or name JUST ONE NAME?

anyways... how about THE NEW IDEAS that you have..? can you share it with us "OLDIES"...??

for me.. pare.. you have to KNOW your PAST to get to the FUTURE... simple lang... YOU DO NOT KNOW SH**t ABOUT THE "OLD IDEAS" THAT'S WHY YOU CREATE YOUR SO CALLED NEW IDEAS TO COVER UP YOUR LAME BS...
my $200.00 OPINION...

[/quote]

wow! that knocked-in alot of sense! thanks charlie manson :-D

Offline earlb

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »
Our band may not be considered as a reggae band but as a ska reggae band.

The thing that influences and makes our band love reggae music is the message of the songs.

Fight for what you believe is right!!!

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »
Our band may not be considered as a reggae band but as a ska reggae band.

The thing that influences and makes our band love reggae music is the message of the songs.

Fight for what you believe is right!!!

+1

OT: sir mmya na yung gig nyo sa starmall di ba? magkano tix? nood ako :-D tnx! btw, ksama nyo ba si jorge jackson sa banda?

Offline dread@thecontrol

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 07:45:16 PM »

spending money on a band is one thing, but getting properly paid for is another. yes, it's true, some prods go out of their way to get these bands heard and they shell-out money and all that but don't they get paid back? doesn't the record company provide the budget for the band and all their recording expenses?

The recording company allots a certain amount for recording expenses. But most of the time, the producer goes over the budget due to the following reasons...

1)The band takes too long in the studio eating up precious hours

2) The producer opts to hire session musicians to fill in for incompetent musicians.

3) People from the record label usually ask for a cut from the production budget

These are just some of the unseen expenses that you do not seem to keep into account.

so ano po ba ang puno't-dulo ng mga bagay? di po ako nagmamarunong, nakikialam lang :wink:

My goodness, you were born with a mind of your own, go figure it out... and while you're at it, try working on your sarcasm a little bit more.

so you're saying musicians nowadays don't have heart and conviction? that everything sounded much better then than now? i'm sorry but i think that's crap! i envy you because you lived in an era of legends and great music (while all i can do is just watch it in dvd and listen to an edited recording) but there's nothing i can do about that. yup, you're probably older than i am but does that really make you superior? does that give you the right to say what is and what's not? it's hard to dig-up history because it goes waaaay back... reason why i'm living in the present and not in the past.

My friend, age has nothing to do with the issue here. It's how well you know and understand your music that's being discussed and you are simply going off tangent with your rantings. I know a 19 year old kid who probably knows more about reggae than you do... and can play it way better than you. Oh yes, I've seen you play and you aren't even halfway to being mediocre. Sad to say, I would have to answer YES to your question. This of course is not a sweeping statement. There are a few exceptional bands out there from all sorts of genres, including reggae, that I quite admire. But, they're just a handful of gold nuggets you find in a river of sh*t.

I do not have any right to say what you should or should not listen to, but I have every right to say what is crap and what is good. If you think digging up history is a tedious task, then I pity you. You have the luxury of today's technology and yet you still choose not to learn. All the information you need is at your fingertips but I think you'd rather be spoon-fed like a baby. Some heart and conviction you have, huh?

Just to give you the benefit of the doubt, give me some examples of these so-called "new ideas" of yours and let's see if we can make anything out of it... just for the heck of it.

again this is just my opinion based on what you had to say. if i sound offensive, i'm sorry. i'm taking this as a healthy argument, nothing personal.

No offense taken and I hope you don't take any as well. Excuse my frankness, but I would rather say everything in your face than talk behind your back.

cheers,

franco
[/quote]
"WORD, SOUND AND POWER"

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 09:30:45 PM »
before anything else happen here... peace be with you..
hehehe

Ok ok.. its a money money thing.. parang global warming effect yan. umuunlad ang ilang tao sa mga natural resources, at pag kumita sila hindi naman nila binabalik sa kalikhasan to. i think ganun yung ginagawa ng artist and record companies na nababangit sa thread. you just cant say kung ayaw mo sa kanila wag mong pakinggan. no offense man. but i think is a wrong idea. imagine.. kung maririnig ng mga jamaicans yung ginagawa nila.. ang sasabihin nila... anong ginawa nyo sa music namin. parang yang isang novelty composer na ginagamit ang charismatic melodies sa isang jingle na may double meaning. ok lang kung sa kabutihan ginagamit. pero kung kabastusan lang gagamitin would you call that respect?

meron tayong pagpipilian kung pakikinggan natin si o hindi. meron silang karapatan para gawin ang gusto nilang gawing musika. at hindi natin sila hinahadlangan sa mga pangarap nila. pero bago mawala ang tunay na ibig sabihin ng reggae mag isip ka. tama ba ang ginagawa nila. lets use raggae music for good cause, not just making money and losing it.

Offline nichteque

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 09:44:27 PM »
i agree but reggae music is still music, hindi maiiwasan ang business kapag music ang pinag-uusapan. mas mahalaga para sa mas maraming producer ang kumita kahit walang mapupulot sa music, kesa sa magkaroon ng laman ang music pero hindi naman maibenta. laging nananalo ang mas marketable. ilan ang kantang naririnig natin talking about revolution, change, reality, etc. etc. na nabibigyan ng airplay sa radyo? at ilan ang naririnig nating kanta na tungkol sa pagkembot pero sobrang sikat, kahit bata eh kinakanta na? ano ang mas gugustuhing ilabas ng tipikal na producer, yung nauna o yung pangalawa? i can't mention names because i really don't know any names,  pero i'm not naive about what is really happening in the music scene. peace :)

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »

The recording company allots a certain amount for recording expenses. But most of the time, the producer goes over the budget due to the following reasons...

1)The band takes too long in the studio eating up precious hours

2) The producer opts to hire session musicians to fill in for incompetent musicians.

3) People from the record label usually ask for a cut from the production budget

These are just some of the unseen expenses that you do not seem to keep into account.

My goodness, you were born with a mind of your own, go figure it out... and while you're at it, try working on your sarcasm a little bit more.

so you're saying musicians nowadays don't have heart and conviction? that everything sounded much better then than now? i'm sorry but i think that's crap! i envy you because you lived in an era of legends and great music (while all i can do is just watch it in dvd and listen to an edited recording) but there's nothing i can do about that. yup, you're probably older than i am but does that really make you superior? does that give you the right to say what is and what's not? it's hard to dig-up history because it goes waaaay back... reason why i'm living in the present and not in the past.

My friend, age has nothing to do with the issue here. It's how well you know and understand your music that's being discussed and you are simply going off tangent with your rantings. I know a 19 year old kid who probably knows more about reggae than you do... and can play it way better than you. Oh yes, I've seen you play and you aren't even halfway to being mediocre. Sad to say, I would have to answer YES to your question. This of course is not a sweeping statement. There are a few exceptional bands out there from all sorts of genres, including reggae, that I quite admire. But, they're just a handful of gold nuggets you find in a river of sh*t.

I do not have any right to say what you should or should not listen to, but I have every right to say what is crap and what is good. If you think digging up history is a tedious task, then I pity you. You have the luxury of today's technology and yet you still choose not to learn. All the information you need is at your fingertips but I think you'd rather be spoon-fed like a baby. Some heart and conviction you have, huh?

Just to give you the benefit of the doubt, give me some examples of these so-called "new ideas" of yours and let's see if we can make anything out of it... just for the heck of it.

No offense taken and I hope you don't take any as well. Excuse my frankness, but I would rather say everything in your face than talk behind your back.

cheers,

franco
[/quote]

well said, no offense taken :-) pramis! hehehe! i would really love to chat (non-violent) with you in person :-D i'm kinda new to the "pathetic" reggae scene since i've always been a punk drummer, maybe you could enlighten me. as to the new ideas, i believe i didn't mention anything about coming up with one. i only said that bands nowadays are cooking up music to come up with a different sound like, let's say, soulfly. i heard a track which started out very roots-ish type of reggae then the chorus burst-out something like slipknot :-o *lol* indio-i, on the other hand, mixes a bit of funk & jazz with reggae and the flavor they came-up with is better than cookies and cream. thanks for staying positive, i'm gonna have to give you the floor on this one :wink: damn! yer good

cheers,

franco

Offline earlb

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 01:18:38 AM »
only in the Philippines that the music scene still has politics

Sir franco free entrance kasabay namin mga show band nga eh

Offline nichteque

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 04:39:06 AM »
may politics din naman sa ibang bansa ang music. basta may nagclaclash na ideas, meron yan.

Offline earlb

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »
may politics din naman sa ibang bansa ang music. basta may nagclaclash na ideas, meron yan.

sa atin kasi mas mahalaga ang pera para sa mga involved

Offline burnok100

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 04:12:54 PM »

my $200.00 OPINION...

wow! that knocked-in alot of sense! thanks charlie manson :-D
[/quote]

CHARLIE MANSON...?? MY ASS ?!! i would tell you right now.. you don't even know anything about manson, except for his bitches, maybe...

as i read your REPLIES to PPD... suko na agad ang bataan mo...??  hehehehe... now you're praising the guy... kasi punk drummer ka dati.. kasi bago ka palang sa scene..?? and all those lame BS .."again".....

you're nothing but hot air... NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..  .

isa pa

NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:
NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :roll:
NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :-D
NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :evil:
- inosente lang ang nagtataka