hulika

Author Topic: Nadepress ka na ba? Ano yung feeling? Paano ka naka-bouce back?  (Read 5968 times)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Nadepress ka na ba? Ano yung feeling? Paano ka naka-bouce back?
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
parte ng buhay ang depression... in my case, it happens whenever i think too much about things in the future... glad someone taught me how to not think too much and concentrate on the present... laking tulong!

things i do to bounce back:

1. Sports/Activities - i play once in a while, badminton / basketball (pampatanggal stress sa work, exercise, meet friends) / do group activities

2. EAT  - masarap kumain at magdiscover ng iba't ibang klase ng pagkain

3. TALK - napakaimportante neto. Kung wala kang makausap, humanap ka.

4. Hope/PLAN - sa lahat ng bagay, umasa ka ng magandang outcome. Think Positive. At wag ka mawalan ng gana pag di mo nakuha gusto mo, may next time pa naman. See yourself, set objectives, and achieve them.

5. GAS/Hobbies - this is something that keeps you YOU. Make yourself happy by doing things you love the most.

On top of this all, always remember that YOU have friends, family, and GOD who's always there whatever happens.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »
I got depressed after college...because of the culture shock I had with the real world...minimum wage, crap-utak empleyedo officemates, saturday work..blighted cubao (before they gave it a facelift)I just couldnt get over the fact na "so, this is it?" this is what awaits a fresh young idealistic [strawberry] like me?...I also grew an afro which my boss hated...anyway...those were the times I really felt down..I even wrote a song about it called "Goodmorning Anxiety" because every freaking morning I wake up pulpitating and anxious about things! arghhh!!!

"Goodmorning Anxiety, another day has come for you to bother me...
Each time I look up the sky..the suns not  there I wonder why..."

etc.

I think what contributed to my depression was my hair..whenever I get a haircut..I fell good and lighter..even up to now..it makes me feel fresh and clean again..during my bouncing back..I sported the skin head look (buddhist monk closest shave) which I do by myself every few days..I bought tons of disposable razors..hahaha..and some cheapo electric clippers..and every time I shaved..I really felt good..

Even though nowadays I embrace the concept of  freethinking..(turned off by the corrupted church and the CBCP) I was quite religious back then and there was this one HOMILY that got to me...(ganda din ng timing because I was sort of praying to help get me out of my depression).

It was about ...people are like Clay pots..youve got to be kneaded, tswisted, turned rolled, squished to get the air out to ensure consistency ..then youve got to get baked in a very hot oven to harden and cure to become a perfect clay pot..

from then on,I felt better and forced myself to break out of miserable mindset...I tried to reorganize my thoughts....reinvented myself...(tamang tama nun I just passed the Board exams)...and tried to upgrade myself with new skills...new ideas, invested in good professional looking clothes...(yea like all of you we are rockers and we hate the corporate look....walked the walk and talked the talk...I even followed the Armed forces motto "do good,look good, feel good".....looking back..nakakatawa..pero I guess ganyan talaga ang buhay...ups and downs..you just got to know how to surf the wave of life..

@gainsucker

not think too much and concentrate on the present

Eto ang lagi kong problema!! ARGHHH!!!!! kahit ngayon!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:22:48 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 05:04:45 PM »
CARPE DIEM...I wish it is that easy.
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »
mahirap talaga kalabanin yun bro, especially we have no idea what's goin to happen... i was so uptight before, sobrang di ko maenjoy lahat ng bagay as i want everything to be planned, to be in place, to be organized, akala ko everything will follow through pag ganun perception ko... di pala, as anything can happen, a simple thing can alter your future... kaya ayun, i tried to not think too much, and just have fun instead, kumbaga take it daily, wag biglain.

i remember watching this documentary on this guy who is filthy rich. he said "Those who are saying being rich isn't fun/convenient at all must not have experienced an extravagant life."

hmmmm.... anu ba problema ng mga mayayaman financially?

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »
Guys, well, speaking of living in the moment..palagay ko there are varying degrees of this approach to life..

swerte tayo at medyo maayos ayos kahit medyo nastress or nadedepress...pero at least may fallback tayo..

meron kasi iba..sobrang LIVE TODAY yung approach..di nila iniisip yung future..party ng party gastos ng gastos..in the end laking perwisyo din...

sarap din yung song ni Bob na..."DOnt worry...about a thing...cos' everylittle things gonna be alright.,"

or linya sa DOnt worry be happy "in every life we have some trouble when you worry you make it double don't worry, be happy"
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »
haha.. tama ka bro... di rin naman maganda ang sobra... naalala ko na naman yung sa news, yung nanalo sa lotto.  :-(

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
yortots? :eek:
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline ritchieblackmore

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
I just bounced back from depresssion i had before....thru the help of...

1. Beleive in God naging tambayan ko ang Quiapo Church..
2. My Parent's Love and Support
3. SkidRow's Slave To The Grind Album
4. Stryper's To Hell with The Devil album
5. GNR's Appetite for Destruction Album
6. RedHorse 500ml [ 2 TO 3 bottles every night]
7. My Early Raon guitar 1988'S
8. My 1st stompbox VSHOCK HEAVY METAL
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:54:13 PM by ritchieblackmore »

Offline roei03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »
ako unang beses ako na depressed nung pinaglaruan ako nung nililigawan ko dati  :eek: :eek: :eek:
alam mo yung oo nalang ang kulang dahil parang kayo na talaga? tapos nakita mo sa fb may shuta na sya bigla?   :lol: :lol:
ang taba ko nun, after a week mukha nakong kawayan sa payat. di ako makakaen ng maayos. tapos na discover ko ang spongebob squarepants sa ch. 5. ayun, sumaya na ulit ako  :lol: :lol: :lol:
ang bumasa nito may t@e sa pwet!

Offline brighteyesbayside

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 02:53:57 AM »
sarap din yung song ni Bob na..."DOnt worry...about a thing...cos' everylittle things gonna be alright.,"
or linya sa DOnt worry be happy "in every life we have some trouble when you worry you make it double don't worry, be happy"

big fan of Mr. Marley
however, here's a surprising psychological fact, Optimists don't always cope well with stress

i almost had an issue with depression. i felt it was about to go there.
it feels icky to say the least. its like you're worrying for something thats not happening, or something beyond your control.

how i "bounced" back,
well, i first talked to my mom about what im feeling. just that act of telling someone, felt a huge lift.
also i felt a need to educate myself about whats going on, so i mostly read psych blogs or articles.
plus it's also good to surround yourself with good sensible people, a community

here's a tip for fellows around here,
whenever you feel like you're about to feel depressed, or if you're feeling depressed.
Think in Patterns. remember patterns,
what happened to you before the depression? what did you do before you became depressed?

if its beyond your control, if someone died in the family or a friend close to you, accept the fact that you'll be sad. let the emotion pass.

if you realize your actions are whats causing the depression, ex. staying in a job you hate, vices etc.
do something about it. this is a sign you have to eliminate something, and it should not be you.

also, write your thoughts, your feelings, it helps a lot because it validates what you're going through,
better yet make a song, a movie, inspire somebody
made an excel program to find the keys to a scale, and where to find them in a guitar's fretboard. http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=264555.0

Offline bolteranosaurus

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 04:44:45 AM »
it feels icky to say the least. its like you're worrying for something thats not happening, or something beyond your control.

how i "bounced" back,
well, i first talked to my mom about what im feeling. just that act of telling someone, felt a huge lift.
also i felt a need to educate myself about whats going on, so i mostly read psych blogs or articles.

whenever you feel like you're about to feel depressed, or if you're feeling depressed.
what happened to you before the depression? what did you do before you became depressed?

if its beyond your control, if someone died in the family or a friend close to you, accept the fact that you'll be sad. let the emotion pass.

if you realize your actions are whats causing the depression, ex. staying in a job you hate, vices etc.
do something about it. this is a sign you have to eliminate something, and it should not be you.

Tama si sir! the fact that you are able to tell someone trusted about it is a great way to lighten up your burden. Dito malalaman kung may totoong kaibigan ka na willing makinig. Tootoo talaga yung mga nasa lyrics ng "Pare Ko"

Baduy as it seems pero iba talaga ang may verbal outlet ka ng sama ng loob.

Also, ang depression ay parang virus nga, lilipas at lilipas din eventually. It just depends on the severity of your depression kung makakasurvive ka at pano ka makakacope kaya nung ako ang tinamaan ang mga naging sandigan ko ay:

Si Lord- Through sincere prayers, ayun awa ni Lord nakalampas naman ako
Friends- Real friends (Hindi basta barkada lang) who are willing to listen and share your agony and magpaikot ng tagay..
Alcohol - Mahirap talaga iwasan pag down na down ka.. Parang eto yung pinaka Biogesic ko nun...

Nahirapan lang talaga ako noon kasi ang cause of depression ko is someone na pinakilala ng close friends ko from work. Wala ako magagawa, hindi ko maiiwasan yung mga taong nagpakilala sakin sa kanya kasi unang una kasama ko sila sa work and after all e mga close friends ko sila, ayun sila din ang karamay ko kaya meron lagi nagreremind at nagreremnd sakin hahaha

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 05:46:57 AM »
big fan of Mr. Marley
however, here's a surprising psychological fact, Optimists don't always cope well with stress

how i "bounced" back,

also, write your thoughts, your feelings, it helps a lot because it validates what you're going through,
better yet make a song, a movie, inspire somebody

very very nice!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
I registered in depression forum. Realized it's a baaaaad idea. People all around it are talking about sadness, problems and shiznit. My sole purpose was to be happy, get my self back on its feet, not feel the burden of those people.

My father taught me to be a positive thinker. That's where everything started going back to normal days, to happy days. I normally don't go to the mall by myself, because I thought that was lonely, but now I can even spend some time in the arcade, alone. So, positive thinking helps. I may not have so many friends, but I have my self, at least.

"We live, not because we want to, but for others that want us in their lives."
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »
Wow. Parepareho nga lang din tayo ng mga symptoms. I'm going through depresison ngayon. On and off. Everytime na maaalala ko yung reason bakit ako nadedepress, it sucks me in. Pati mga dreams ko, naiinvade. Saklap. Yung magigising ka sa umaga na sobrang bigat ng dibdib mo. Hay.

Ang masaklap kasi, most of my friends don't understand depression. Para sa kanila nagiinarte ka  lang or "emo" ka lang. Di nila narerealize na ayaw ko din yung nangyayari sa akin.

Buti na lang I have a band na active sa gigs kaya nakakapag vent out ako. Pero pag nag peak talaga yung depression ko, wala, non functional na talaga ako.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
actually totoo..halos parepareho talaga yung symptoms..I think its some chemical inbalance..dapat talaga maganda social  and family network mo..and quickest way to imporve yung mood is is to try to exercise..all in the mind lang yan talaga..paano magbiofeedback training....and buti nga may banda..kakarelax nga yung pagtugtog at pangtanggal ng worries..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline globalwarmthings

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 10:48:12 AM »
I always keep in mind that any problem or situation is given to me by the one above because I can handle it, kahit na gaano kasakit ang situation ko, I am steadfast in my belief that everything will be better soon enough :)

Offline bolteranosaurus

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »
I always keep in mind that any problem or situation is given to me by the one above because I can handle it, kahit na gaano kasakit ang situation ko, I am steadfast in my belief that everything will be better soon enough :)

As long as malakas ang kapit mo hindi ka siguro talaga bibigyan ng challenge na hindi mo kakayanin regardless kung gaano pa ka grabe yun...