hulika

Author Topic: Mapex V Series or 90's Pearl Session?  (Read 3775 times)

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
Mapex V Series or 90's Pearl Session?
« on: October 17, 2007, 04:33:19 PM »
Which one will you let go? if you have both of these?
reason to retain and reason to let go? hehehe

6pc - Pearl Session Series
or
5pc - Mapex V-Series

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:41:09 PM by Akira JUMBO »
successful deal via meetups/shipping: rasta_gopz, Blood_saves, nuthead, yekoz, nuthead, beepbeep, akgm52192, ivanovich05, wipeout, mr.diddle, wax_static, sandythedrummer, peeves24, vhinming, shotsofredmist, zildjian07, jejunaidrmmr, thegreatone, markcasq

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Mapex or Pearl
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 04:36:35 PM »
retain the mapex v-series, sell the pearl session to me  :-D

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »
retain the mapex v-series, sell the pearl session to me  :-D

ayos! sa hirit, ganda ng entry mo bro.. hehehe. inisip ko pa hanggang ngayon. mainit kasi sa bahay yung dalawang kit.
successful deal via meetups/shipping: rasta_gopz, Blood_saves, nuthead, yekoz, nuthead, beepbeep, akgm52192, ivanovich05, wipeout, mr.diddle, wax_static, sandythedrummer, peeves24, vhinming, shotsofredmist, zildjian07, jejunaidrmmr, thegreatone, markcasq

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 04:52:15 PM »
Hahaha!  The topic title sounds like a JP Buduan love triangle to me.  Kidding bro JP!  :-D

Regarding the question above...  I'll let go of the Mapex V-series.  The Pearl Session kit is much better for me in terms of design and features.

Oh by the way, what kind of Session Series kit are we talking about here?  The 90's model, or the newer ones?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 04:54:05 PM by drumster »

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Mapex or Pearl?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
90's session series sir.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 04:56:09 PM »
90's session series sir.

Hmm... In that case, I think halos magkaka-pantay lang sila.  Because the newer Session Series drums are much better and much more improved.  But the 90's Session drums aren't so bad, and I heard they possibly have a collector's value (Pearl Session aficionados, please verify).

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »
Keep the Session if you want to keep using more drums. Keep the V Series if you want to get more money.

I want the Session for myself too, haha. Antayin ko ito :D
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:34:25 PM »
JPMB Love triangle thread dapat to..Hahaha! :-D

Re. your question..I suggest you sell the Session to us  :wink:

I think your getting the picture.. :lol:

Goodluck!

DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 09:34:53 PM »
bro, that's a very good question...even the pros' are having second thoughts about it....

well, i like the Pearl more so stay with Mapex and sell me your Session... :-D :-D
(same joke with S' Peeves)

kidding aside...I'd still go with the Pearl Session Series specially the 90's model.

it was said that the wood of the 90's Session is good for tropical countries...it goes well with the heat and humidity here...this is in terms of the consistency of the sound. and that's what we use in our church.

this info was given to me by our AM church drummer, sa PM kasi ako...anyway, he said that back then when they were to get a drumset from Yupangco, he did a quick research from the web, and he got the same review from different sites.

he was down from choosing either a Masters or a Session. i know, alot of drummers here would think that he should've gone with the Masters..but because of the influence of the review, he then chose the Session. Either way, I can say that our church is blessed with a decent kit.(sorry for the OT..)

my apologies for the long story, i just want to justify my answer for you bro....hope this helps!
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline jacobus

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 09:40:21 PM »
i would let go of the mapex v series hmmm i duno why but a 6pc pearl session would be much usefull for the music we play:) given it has 14" and 16" floor toms
FOR GOD, FOR COUNTRY, FOR DeMOLAY

Offline zound_tech

Re: Mapex V Series or 90's Pearl Session?
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »
nakita ko kahapon ung limited edition ng mapex,
v series ata un,
basswood ang kahoy,
sobrang ganda,
simple lang pero ang linis tingnan, ang sarap hawakan, hehe,
tapos mura pa! 50k lang,
eh halos mid level kit lang ung mabibili mo sa ganung presyo!

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 01:12:27 AM »
^ Actually, the V-series is Mapex's mid-level line.

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:41 AM »
JPMB Love triangle thread dapat to..Hahaha! :-D

Re. your question..I suggest you sell the Session to us  :wink:

I think your getting the picture.. :lol:

Goodluck!

malamang... both kits kasi nahandle nya during his time in yupangco. hehehe

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 06:40:36 AM »
nakita ko kahapon ung limited edition ng mapex,
v series ata un,
basswood ang kahoy,
sobrang ganda,
simple lang pero ang linis tingnan, ang sarap hawakan, hehe,
tapos mura pa! 50k lang,
eh halos mid level kit lang ung mabibili mo sa ganung presyo!

yes bro ganda talaga. parang mas makapal pa wood nya sa session series

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 09:42:41 AM »
well, i like the Pearl more so stay with Mapex and sell me your Session... :-D :-D
(same joke with S' Peeves)

who said i was joking?  :-P

sell sell sell sell sell sell

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
who said i was joking?  :-P

sell sell sell sell sell sell

thinking... thinking... thinking... thinking... thinking... thinking...

hmmn... napapaisip tuloy ako ha? hehhee

Offline zound_tech

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 02:25:30 PM »
^ Actually, the V-series is Mapex's mid-level line.

pero at least limited edition po,
 :-)

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 03:08:47 PM »
hehehe. seems like no message from jp? :) suggestion naman dyan sir jp.

thanks

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 04:19:53 PM »
hey man...sori just came back from my china trip..eto pa nga yun bus na sinakyan ko...

anyway regarding your question...mapex vx or pearl 90's session..hmmm lets put it this way..medyo love triangle nga sa akin (like having a two girlfriend at the same time)

both sets are good and have their own character..if thats a 90's session then it can be the same level of that vx because the session sets now belongs to the hi-end level (on our local market)...i believe you got both sets at second hand right..well the session has a bigger value and dio is right that it has some kind of collectors value..but check also if restoring it wont cost you a fortune..i believe you are looking for parts of it and medyo matagal na ata wala ka pa nakukuha :wink: i suggest you review again your thoughts on this..if im on your situation maybe i would keep both..haha..thats how i handle love triangles..hehehe...use the mapex v series on your everyday use (since its designed for rugged purpose) then preserve the session and use it on your special gigs on occasion...hope this helps and that is no biased answer from the former Pearl drums dept. head and current Mapex Drum dept. head ..happy drumming brother
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline royalletones

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 05:05:06 PM »
musta travel? thanks sa suggestion. just need opinion. i loved na yung both kit. kasi medyo malaki na attention and cost ko dito. baka magalit na misis ko pag nabasa nya 'to. hehehe.

sana this month mabili ko na mapex throne.

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »
hey man..the china trip was good and iu learned a lot from it pare..

wow thats good if you will keep both sets pare..i am sure you wont regret it man..cheers brother :wink:
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66