hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 360027 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »

Ringo have 3 sons who are also drummers

1. Zakk - The WHO & Oasis
2. Jason
3. Lee

one evening they a jam with close friends all night long. Ringo described it as a one very noisy evening filled with fun :-)

Offline spongegen

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2009, 10:46:09 PM »
Nasa Anthology DVD yan.. wala naman kasi daw sa iterinary nila that they would appear at Malacanang.Nagulat nga sila nong marinig nila na ini snab nila si Macoy :-)

Yesterday I was at Sofitel dun sa bar nila meron book about the Beatles, browse browse and nabasa ko about this.  Naka quote pa nga "Mga Beatles, alis dayan!" (typo!) hehe.

Galing nung book, ang kapal, heaps of colored pictures, stories, tas detailed talaga meron side bar ala-diary! Waah wala lang gusto ko itakas ung book hehe  :-D
...my personality is not split... it\'s shredded.<br /><br />http://itspongegen.blogspot.com<br />http://flickr.com/photos/spongegen

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2009, 08:10:21 AM »
Yesterday I was at Sofitel dun sa bar nila meron book about the Beatles, browse browse and nabasa ko about this.  Naka quote pa nga "Mga Beatles, alis dayan!" (typo!) hehe.

Galing nung book, ang kapal, heaps of colored pictures, stories, tas detailed talaga meron side bar ala-diary! Waah wala lang gusto ko itakas ung book hehe  :-D

:lol: where is it located bro?

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
:lol: where is it located bro?

i think she's referring to mark lewisohn's book "the complete beatles chronicle".  i have a copy at home, binili ko sa powerbooks nung mga late 2007 ata.  since powerbooks sucks these days (at least when it comes to books on music), i'm sure some fully booked branches still carry this title.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:12:09 PM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline Zazza

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2009, 10:10:06 PM »
"...If it weren't for DONOVAN, the White Album wouldn't have sounded the way it did!"

-George Harrison

Know more about DONOVAN at http://www.donovan.ie/
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline Zazza

« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2009, 10:54:26 PM »
A reporter asked once in an interview with The Beatles if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, John and Paul were quick to answer...

"...He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles"

Of course, they cannot doubt that Richard Starkey is IT!

Ringo was always overshadowed by his stellar bandmates, but the bloke from Dingle town, Liverpool, has his own moments of glory, the one John Lennon referred to as a true "Working Class Hero" who rose from the slums of Liverpool to lavish with fame and fortune, napakaswerte talaga  :-D

To many people Ringo was the vital cog in The Beatles, take for example, one of the many concerts thay've had, their first in the US, at the Washington Coliseum in '65, one can't hear over 30,000+ screaming fans, and the three can't hear each other from their Vox amps and at a time where PAs doesn't exist, the one who kept them in tune, was Ringo. He gave The Beatles the BEAT!

He also brought innovations for the next generation of drummers, he was the first to hold the drumsticks in a straight manner (ba ang tawag dun?) unlike the traditional way like Charlie Watts does it. He also was the first to use the Drum Riser, as he was quoted as saying that he wanted to be visible as well  :-D

quotes about Ringo:

"Drummers will see him and think, Hey, he's part of it too" - Alex Van Halen

"The drumfills in A Day in The Life is very complex. Ask a drummer today and say you want it like that, they wouldn't know what to do" - Phil Collins

With much respect to Pete Best, Ringo is the shiz!
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »
A reporter asked once in an interview with The Beatles if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, John and Paul were quick to answer...

"...He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles"

Of course, they cannot doubt that Richard Starkey is IT!

Ringo was always overshadowed by his stellar bandmates, but the bloke from Dingle town, Liverpool, has his own moments of glory, the one John Lennon referred to as a true "Working Class Hero" who rose from the slums of Liverpool to lavish with fame and fortune, napakaswerte talaga  :-D

To many people Ringo was the vital cog in The Beatles, take for example, one of the many concerts thay've had, their first in the US, at the Washington Coliseum in '65, one can't hear over 30,000+ screaming fans, and the three can't hear each other from their Vox amps and at a time where PAs doesn't exist, the one who kept them in tune, was Ringo. He gave The Beatles the BEAT!
He also brought innovations for the next generation of drummers, he was the first to hold the drumsticks in a straight manner (ba ang tawag dun?) unlike the traditional way like Charlie Watts does it. He also was the first to use the Drum Riser, as he was quoted as saying that he wanted to be visible as well  :-D

quotes about Ringo:

"Drummers will see him and think, Hey, he's part of it too" - Alex Van Halen

"The drumfills in A Day in The Life is very complex. Ask a drummer today and say you want it like that, they wouldn't know what to do" - Phil Collins

With much respect to Pete Best, Ringo is the shiz!

no doubt. I even believe truly that if not for him, the Beatles may not be as famous as they are.

One famous drummer even commented, it was first of a kind, he wonders where Ringo got those idea.

very nice input man.. :wink:

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
"Yellow Matter Custard"

Yellow Matter Custard is a Beatles tribute supergroup consisting of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Transatlantic, OSI, Liquid Tension Experiment, Liquid Trio Experiment), Neal Morse (Transatlantic, Spock's Beard), Paul Gilbert (Racer X, Mr. Big) and Matt Bissonette (Mustard Seeds, Jughead, The Squirts, Joe Satriani, ELO).

Search nyo na lang sa youtube, i'm sure, mage-enjoy ang mga Beatlemaniacs dito.
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »
"Yellow Matter Custard"

Yellow Matter Custard is a Beatles tribute supergroup consisting of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Transatlantic, OSI, Liquid Tension Experiment, Liquid Trio Experiment), Neal Morse (Transatlantic, Spock's Beard), Paul Gilbert (Racer X, Mr. Big) and Matt Bissonette (Mustard Seeds, Jughead, The Squirts, Joe Satriani, ELO).

Search nyo na lang sa youtube, i'm sure, mage-enjoy ang mga Beatlemaniacs dito.

ganda aa! mike portnoy at paul gilbert! while my guitar gently weeps isa sa magaganda don!

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2009, 01:51:21 PM »
Sabi ko na magugustuhan to ni slowhandpal eh. hehe. Check mo to, namali sila ng pagkanta pero dinaan sa patawa, nakakatuwa lang haha.

You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »
Sabi ko na magugustuhan to ni slowhandpal eh. hehe. Check mo to, namali sila ng pagkanta pero dinaan sa patawa, nakakatuwa lang haha.

hahaha.. thanks a lot bro :lol:

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »

for me si Mike Portnoy ang best performer dito. kitang kita ko tuloy paano ginawa ni Ringo yong mga drum fills nya sa while my guitar gently weeps at lalo na ang drum solo ng The end using his very simple set up. :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2009, 06:07:37 AM »

you can hardly see John & George using their Rickenbacker at the same time except for one song at the Shea Stadium.

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2009, 01:52:02 AM »
Speaking of the Shea Stadium, kakatapos lang ni Macca tumugtog ulit doon last July 17-18. Actually, hindi na Shea Stadium ang pangalan. Citi Field na, homecourt na yata 'to ng isang baseball team. Historical din kasi last year, guest si Macca sa last gig sa Shea with Billy Joel. Parang curtain call na rin para sa Shea. At ngayon opening ng Citi Field, si Macca naman ang binyagan.

So what's special about Shea? Ito ang quintessential American Beatlemania gig.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2009, 01:47:19 PM »
Ows? Di nga?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
Breaking News.

Yellow Submarine artist dies at 75

RIP

:wink: you know to much bro.. I never know this man before. thanks a lot

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2009, 01:18:04 PM »

paul & george duet.. few years after the break up

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:02 PM »
Remastered CD of the Beatles' albums will be out by Sept. 9, 2009 (09.09.09)
Sabi ng iba (mostly audiophiles), ang "Love" album daw ang pinakadisenteng recording ng Beatles. With respect to cd, these audiophiles might have a point. With the lp/s, no problem. Beatles' sound was raw and very natural. This was probably the reason why the Mobile Fidelity re-issued all the Beatles albums in lp format. Of course, the primary reason being all these Beatles albums are classic.

If you listen to the Anthology albums in CD format, they sound like of the 90s already. This can be attributed to the technology of remastering. While it may be true that there is a great debate as to the sound quality of the original/ re-issue albums as to their re-mastered counterparts, the Beatles sound only proves that they can go with the times.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »
Remastered CD of the Beatles' albums will be out by Sept. 9, 2009 (09.09.09)
Sabi ng iba (mostly audiophiles), ang "Love" album daw ang pinakadisenteng recording ng Beatles. With respect to cd, these audiophiles might have a point. With the lp/s, no problem. Beatles' sound was raw and very natural. This was probably the reason why the Mobile Fidelity re-issued all the Beatles albums in lp format. Of course, the primary reason being all these Beatles albums are classic.

If you listen to the Anthology albums in CD format, they sound like of the 90s already. This can be attributed to the technology of remastering. While it may be true that there is a great debate as to the sound quality of the original/ re-issue albums as to their re-mastered counterparts, the Beatles sound only proves that they can go with the times.

good point bro which I agree. sabi nga ni George Martin The sound you heard from them on cds are not the one really heard in the studio, especially the low frequency (bass) :-)

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »
ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE'S NO. 1 ALBUM OF ALL TIME

SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (1967)

NO. 3

REVOLVER (1966)

NO.5

RUBBER SOUL (1965)

NO. 10

THE BEATLES (aka White Album) (1968)

From 1965-1968, the Beatles were "revolutionizing" popular music. Just imagine, four albums by the fab four in the Rolling Stone's list of Top 10. Incidentally, Abbey Road (considered by many music critics as the greatest pop album [sorry sa mga MJ fans at hindi "Thriller"]), Please Please Me, Meet the Beatles and Let It Be found their respective places in the Top 100 list.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2009, 06:49:26 PM »
ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE'S NO. 1 ALBUM OF ALL TIME

SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (1967)

NO. 3

REVOLVER (1966)

NO.5

RUBBER SOUL (1965)

NO. 10

THE BEATLES (aka White Album) (1968)

From 1965-1968, the Beatles were "revolutionizing" popular music. Just imagine, four albums by the fab four in the Rolling Stone's list of Top 10. Incidentally, Abbey Road (considered by many music critics as the greatest pop album [sorry sa mga MJ fans at hindi "Thriller"]), Please Please Me, Meet the Beatles and Let It Be found their respective places in the Top 100 list.

nice find bro! very informative.. how about the singles bro?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
Pauls instrument he really loves to play is trombone but the problem was he can no longer sing with the thing on his mouth! :-)

George was once asked if there would be any Beatles reunion thing in their minds, his answer was, as long as John remains dead there will not be any.. hehe piolsopo minsan e :lol:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:44:57 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2009, 06:19:54 AM »

for those who were not able to listen to all of their officially released albums yet you admire them & love Ringo's drumming, actually there are three (3) songs in which Ringo played drum solo.

1. The end- Abbey Road album
2. Birth day- The white album
3. What you're doing- The Beatles for sale

of course The end is the most popular and was played by many great drummers like Phil Collins, Mike Portnoy et al.. but I'm glad Ringo still sound different. :wink:

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »
nice find bro! very informative.. how about the singles bro?

As requested (or asked), hereunder is the list of Beatles' songs (with their corresponding rankings) in RStone (RS) 500 Greatest Songs of all time:

8. Hey Jude
13. Yesterday
16. I Want to Hold Your Hand
20. Let It Be
23. In My Life
26. A Day in the Life
29. Help!
64. She Loves You
76. Strawberry Fields Forever
83. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
135. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
139. I Saw Her Standing There
153. A Hard Day's Night
184. Please Please Me
202. Come Together
273. Something
289. Can't Buy Me Love
304. With a Little Help From My Friends
362. All You Need Is Love
384. Ticket to Ride
449. Penny Lane
463. Rain

Out of 500 greatest songs by the RS Mag, 22 (tama ba?) of them are by the Beatles. 10 of which also landed in the top 100 list. If I am not mistaken, they (the Beatles) may have the most number of songs in the said list. Bob Dylan or the Rolling Stones may have come next. I am not so sure.

In case one wonders what songs topped the RS list, the Top 3 are: 1.) LIKE A ROLLING STONE- Bob Dylan; 2.) SATISFACTION- Rolling Stones; 3.) IMAGINE- John Lennon  :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »
try this at home if...

you have a cassete tape player/ recorder or phono, then use a headphone  & listen to I will song(from the album love songs or white album).

you will notice the Beatles (probably Paul) didn't use a bass guitar but vocals to mimic the bass lines. probably one of their experimentations o katuwaan lang. na recall ko lang kasi nong high school at uso pa ang walkman.. :wink: