hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 359945 times)

Offline sOnicmArk

Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
dyna souls pinoy beatle...la lang  :-D

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #226 on: March 11, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
Si Yoko ba yung kumakanta sa "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill" fr. the White Album LP?

Yoko sang the line, "Not when he looked so fierce." on "Bungalow Bill". That's her alright.
I have the book The Beatles Complete Recording Sessions by Mark Lewisohn and endorsed by EMI. The book affirms this one.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2010, 07:43:20 PM »
Yoko sang the line, "Not when he looked so fierce." on "Bungalow Bill". That's her alright.
I have the book The Beatles Complete Recording Sessions by Mark Lewisohn and endorsed by EMI. The book affirms this one.

sabi ko na nga ba e, merong weird na boses :-D

where did you buy that book bro? thanks. very informative.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2010, 05:11:19 AM »

The making of A day in a life. One of the most beautiful songs of John. His vocal here is beyond compare.

This being the last song on the album, The Beatles found an interesting way to close it out. After the final note, Lennon had producer George Martin dub in a high pitched tone, which most humans can't hear, but drives dogs crazy. This was followed by a loop of incomprehensible studio noise, along with Paul McCartney saying "Never could see any other way," spliced together. It was put there so vinyl copies would play this continuously in the run-out groove, sounding like something went horribly wrong with the record. Kids, ask your parents about vinyl.

The final chord was produced by all 4 Beatles and George Martin banging on 3 pianos simultaneously. As the sound diminished, the engineer boosted to faders. The resulting note lasts 42 seconds, and the studio air conditioners can be heard toward the end as the faders were pushed to the limit to record it.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »
The making of A day in a life. One of the most beautiful songs of John. His vocal here is beyond compare.

This being the last song on the album, The Beatles found an interesting way to close it out. After the final note, Lennon had producer George Martin dub in a high pitched tone, which most humans can't hear, but drives dogs crazy. This was followed by a loop of incomprehensible studio noise, along with Paul McCartney saying "Never could see any other way," spliced together. It was put there so vinyl copies would play this continuously in the run-out groove, sounding like something went horribly wrong with the record. Kids, ask your parents about vinyl.

The final chord was produced by all 4 Beatles and George Martin banging on 3 pianos simultaneously. As the sound diminished, the engineer boosted to faders. The resulting note lasts 42 seconds, and the studio air conditioners can be heard toward the end as the faders were pushed to the limit to record it.

I bought the book at National Bookstore 3 years ago at P800.00 (mediyo mababa baba ng kaunti run, sinakto ko na lang). It is a white hardbound book and for that price it is VERY CHEAP - perhaps because it was printed in China. I don't know if it is easily available today. So inquire ka muna sa mga branches malapit sa iyo. If say the book is available in another branch, you can request it to be pulled out para mabili mo na malapit sa iyo.

A day in a life is also very interesting. Not only was the four Beatles plus George Martin playing the piano, Malcolm Evans - their gentle giant roadie - also played the E Major chord there. Geoff Emerick thought of the brilliant idea of boosting the faders so as to maintain the volume as the pianos (yes, if I remember right there were 3!) fade out.

The late 1966-1967 era of the Beatles is their most fascinating times. Their most creative and also the final days of their united creativity.

I am blessed to own the UK versions of all their albums and everytime you listen to them, there is always something new to discover.

I am just hoping to acquire the original UK pressing of Pepper because that was the only issue with the high pitch whistle and the run out groove noise. Not even the original Capitol US issue have this.

Unfortunately, the original UK pressing costs an arm and a leg in its mint condition. I am hoping when the 2009 remasters are released on vinyl, it will contain the whistle and the run out groove noise. Probably, that will cost a bit lower.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline bluestlight

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »
STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER!

best acid song ever.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2010, 05:07:18 AM »
STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER!

best acid song ever.

vocal extraordaire! galing! pati orchestration

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2010, 05:08:29 AM »
dyna souls pinoy beatle...la lang  :-D

existing pa ba ang Dyna souls? Funny but I don't know if apat din sila? meron nakakaalam jan mga bros

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2010, 04:21:50 PM »
existing pa ba ang Dyna souls? Funny but I don't know if apat din sila? meron nakakaalam jan mga bros

The Dynasouls used to be called The Dynasonics in the '60s. They changed their name in the '70s. The line up of The Dynasouls upon release of their first album:
1. Vick Generoso - Guitars, vocals
2. Tony Generoso - Bass, vocals
3. Walter Pennington - Drums, vocals
4. Dan Villarosa - Keyboards
5. Buoy Catuncan - Lead Guitar
6. Jojo Domingo - Bass

Their debut album which I am holding as I type this is basically Tagalized lyrics of Beatles classics. The cover is fascinating, one has to see to believe it!

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
The Dynasouls used to be called The Dynasonics in the '60s. They changed their name in the '70s. The line up of The Dynasouls upon release of their first album:
1. Vick Generoso - Guitars, vocals
2. Tony Generoso - Bass, vocals
3. Walter Pennington - Drums, vocals
4. Dan Villarosa - Keyboards
5. Buoy Catuncan - Lead Guitar
6. Jojo Domingo - Bass

Their debut album which I am holding as I type this is basically Tagalized lyrics of Beatles classics. The cover is fascinating, one has to see to believe it!

:-D haha I tip my hat to you bro :wink: there's a gold mine in you. anyway I have a cd (copy) of Dynasouls, magaling nga as in..

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2010, 04:54:30 AM »

During the tensions in the making of Let it be, Paul deliberately didn't sign the contract to hire Mr. Klein. john, george & ringo didn't mind it since they always follow the majority rule, but one of the three mockingly said, " because we three are from Liverpool,  paul is from London". :wink:

Offline Mocho

« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:52 AM »
I remember my former officemate, nung college daw sya yung classmate nyang chinese na lilipat sa bagong bahay, may mga lumang gamit na kailangan idispose. Binigay lang naman nung father nung classmate nya yung isang kahon ng mga Beatles LP albums, swerte...(envy).

Anyhow, I was able to download yung Decca Audition tape ng Beatles.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2010, 09:59:29 PM »
I remember my former officemate, nung college daw sya yung classmate nyang chinese na lilipat sa bagong bahay, may mga lumang gamit na kailangan idispose. Binigay lang naman nung father nung classmate nya yung isang kahon ng mga Beatles LP albums, swerte...(envy).

how do you find it bro? okay ba?  :-)

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2010, 12:33:36 AM »
how do you find it bro? okay ba?  :-)

The Decca Audition Tape is heavily bootlegged. I used to see a lot of them in thrift stores in Quiapo. But I never bothered getting any of them because the sound quality is pretty bad.

I think you can find these in utorrents.

Offline Mocho

« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
The Decca Audition Tape is heavily bootlegged. I used to see a lot of them in thrift stores in Quiapo. But I never bothered getting any of them because the sound quality is pretty bad.

I think you can find these in utorrents.

Magandang quality na siya (192kbps). Parang nilabas yata sa market years ago.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:13:03 AM by Mocho »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »

Please right me if I'm wrong bro. On these recordings, Pete best was their drummer then and Ringo was still with Rory Storm & The Hurricanes? How about Stu Sutcliff?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2010, 07:54:30 AM »

Lennon wrote this about a guy he met at the Maharishi's camp in India who loved to hunt. The 4 Beatles went on the retreat to study meditation, but were not impressed with the results.

The hunter's name was Richard A. Cooke and his wife Bronwyn explained in Mojo magazine September 2008 that Richard, "had asked the Maharishi if it was a sin to kill a tiger. John and George were in the room. Maharishi's response was, 'Life destruction is Life destruction.' Rik has not shot anything since. He became a freelance photographer for National Geographic."

Yoko Ono sang the line "Not when he looked so fierce." It was the first female vocal on a Beatles song.
The opening riff that sounds like a flamenco guitar was played on a Mellotron, which is a type of synthesizer.

Ringo's wife Maureen sang harmony.

The Beatles recorded this in an overnight session. Everyone around the studio was invited to sing on the chorus.

thanks burnsbhn. :-)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:56:30 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline audio deft

« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2010, 10:54:59 PM »
guys, every saturday, 7-8pm, sa rjur 105.9, beatles lahat ng tugtog

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2010, 04:57:55 AM »

George Martin (from Q Magazine, July 2007): "John's voice was the kind of thing that would send shivers down your spine. If you hear those opening chords with the guitar and piano, and then his voice comes in, 'I heard the news today, oh boy' It's just so evocative of that time. He always played his songs to me on the guitar and I would sit on a stool as he strummed. The orchestral section was Paul's idea. We put two pieces of songs together that weren't connected in any way. Then we had that 24-bars-of-nothing in between. I had to write a score, but in the climax, I gave each instrument different little waypoints at each bar, so they would know roughly where they should be when they were sliding up. Just so they didn't reach the climax too quickly. With A Day In The Life, I wondered whether we were losing our audience and I was scared. But I stopped being scared when I played it to the head of Capitol Records in America and he was gob smacked. He said, That's fantastic. And of course, it was."

Offline Mocho

« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »
Please right me if I'm wrong bro. On these recordings, Pete best was their drummer then and Ringo was still with Rory Storm & The Hurricanes? How about Stu Sutcliff?

Yup, si Pete Best na. Wala na si Stuart dito, nagdecide sya na magpursue na lang sa art. As per Paul, yung skill nya sa bass guitar ay basic lang (just sticking to root notes). Eventually pinahiram nya yung bass nya kay Paul nung umalis na sya sa band (wag lang daw nyang babaligtarin yung mga strings).

Offline Mocho

« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »
Lennon wrote this about a guy he met at the Maharishi's camp in India who loved to hunt. The 4 Beatles went on the retreat to study meditation, but were not impressed with the results.

The hunter's name was Richard A. Cooke and his wife Bronwyn explained in Mojo magazine September 2008 that Richard, "had asked the Maharishi if it was a sin to kill a tiger. John and George were in the room. Maharishi's response was, 'Life destruction is Life destruction.' Rik has not shot anything since. He became a freelance photographer for National Geographic."

Yoko Ono sang the line "Not when he looked so fierce." It was the first female vocal on a Beatles song.
The opening riff that sounds like a flamenco guitar was played on a Mellotron, which is a type of synthesizer.

Ringo's wife Maureen sang harmony.

The Beatles recorded this in an overnight session. Everyone around the studio was invited to sing on the chorus.

thanks burnsbhn. :-)

I will, written by Paul in the camp. There's a vid of him singing in the porch of where they're staying wearing that white indian pajamas style dress. Dear Prudence, the sister of actress Mia Farrow(?) na nagkulong lang sa kanyang kwarto ("dear prudence, won't you coma out & play") during the whole week(s) of sessions. And this was also the time na namatay si Epstein.

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
During a Rolling Stone interview sometime in 1971, Lennon was asked how was George as a guitarist. He said he was good. He would laughed. He added that: but he preferred himself. One could ask Eric (Clapton) if he could play. He could make his guitar sing. He was a rhythm guitarist who made a valuable contribution to the Beatles sound. Though, he admitted that he would no longer improve his playing. Anyway, he was not interested in getting technical.

George as an artist. John said that he had not yet made his best work. He just developed. However, he could not assess him.

On quitting Beatles. He was the first one to manifest it. He was advised by Paul not to go public about it. But it was Paul who actually went first. John was upset. He should have gone public first.

On people claiming that they made Beatles. John would say F--k them. It was the Beatles who made them. There was no [sausage] James music or a George Martin music. There was Beatles music.

:-) :-) :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2010, 04:41:14 AM »
guys, every saturday, 7-8pm, sa rjur 105.9, beatles lahat ng tugtog

on week days too. 5 to 6 a.m, so nice eating you breakfast with the music of the Beatles

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2010, 05:17:07 AM »
A day in a life

David Crosby was at Abbey Road studios when The Beatles were recording this. In an interview with Filter magazine, he said: "I was, as near as I know, the first human being besides them and George Martin and the engineers to hear A Day In The Life. I was high as a kite - so high I was hunting geese with a rake. They sat me down; they had huge speakers like coffins with wheels on that they rolled up on either side of the stool. By the time it got the end of that piano chord, man my brains were on the floor."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:24:40 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2010, 02:50:55 AM »
Peter Frampton had to listen to Sgt. Pepper's lp and would not get out of his room for a while.

Bryan Wilson had to congratulate fellow Beach Boys at the time Sgt Peppers was released.

Uk radio stations play altogether Sgt Peppers lp/ album to commemorate its anniversary.

Sgt Peppers was voted as the No. 1 album of all time by the Rolling Stone Mag.

Sgt Peppers is the no. 1 album by the RS Mag for the pd. 1967-1987.

Sgt Peppers remains to be my No. 1 album of all time.

According to Lennon, Sgt Peppers was the peak.