hulika

Author Topic: In your own opinion, How important is stage performance to you?  (Read 5452 times)

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: In your own opinion, How important is stage performance to you?
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 08:19:48 AM »
Yup, projecting your aura to the audience by making them feel what you play can make up for the poste style....

and thats where BammBamm didn't get what i meant...

stage performance ISN'T LIMITED to doing that "rockstar running around the stage and headbanging like a maniac" thing... as a matter of fact, i actually find that kind of "performance" fake these days ... those kids doing those crazy things claiming they feel the music and stuff when all they wanted to achieve is shocking ppl and being "cool" in the process.

as i have said, performance is about connecting with the audience, and having fun. believe it or not, you can connect with the audience if you just look into each and everyone of their eyes while you perform.

i agree with BamBam, that when jaco is drunk, he is sloppy. and also, more often than not, i'd rather listen to jazz at home rather than go out of my way to watch it live...

Sad to say, Lots of bands nowadays are pre-fabricated for marketing purposes,or desperately trying to project an affected "attitude" on stage, thus I used the word stage acts. :|
So Be It.

Offline Diadem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 01:18:10 AM »
thanks  for the opinions guys, really appreciate it! thanks again. :)

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 03:29:11 AM »
"dance like nobody's watching"
-Bono
im screaming, im shouting...

nO RLY

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 03:56:02 PM »
it depends on the environment that youre in and the music that you play.

yung mga bossa, di naman pwedeng iitsa yung gitara sa roadie crew, tumapak sa amp tapos mag backflip. :-D

also in a stage performance, it requres a lot of heart and confidence.. :lol: