hulika

Author Topic: KRK to release new VXT Studio monitors in June  (Read 5270 times)

Offline forerunnertech

KRK to release new VXT Studio monitors in June
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:04:45 AM »

Hollywood, Florida, March 28th
- KRK Systems is proud to announce the release of the VXT Series studio monitors at Musikmesse. The VXT Series monitors are the latest products from a company known for creating world class studio monitors for a variety of markets. The series was created using stringent design philosophies similar to KRK's flagship close-field monitor, the Exposé E8B. The VXT Series has been designed to reproduce the true nature of the audio material and raises the bar for recording monitors used by professional engineers, musicians and DJs world wide. .

The VXT Series includes new proprietary woofers and tweeters, a newly designed curved face plate for excellent imaging, a new cabinet design that provides low resonance, improved structural integrity and extended low-end and slotted ports that greatly reduce port turbulence.

KRK engineers started with the extremely functional cabinet design of the flagship monitor, the Exposé E8B to create a very high performance yet attractive line of monitors. The curved cabinet and faceplate provide excellent imaging characteristics and a wider "sweet spot". (Many monitors have discontinuous elements which can increase diffraction.) The use of ABS structural foam as the cabinet material provides excellent damping characteristics and extended low end due to more internal volume. The ABS foam also absorbs shocks really well so the cabinet is extremely impact resistant.

With the VXT Series, KRK engineers set out to improve transient response in the system. The tweeter's dome is comprised of true silk, as opposed to cloth, which translates to fast transient response, excellent imaging and extended frequency response.

The new woofer inside the VXT Series has improved transient response by using a stiffer, lighter cone that provides very low distortion and extended low-end.

"It was important for us to have the VXT Series mirror the same look and performance of our flagship monitor, the Exposé E8B" commented Mike Newman, KRK System's Product Manager. "The same expertise and care that went into the design of the Exposé, went into the design of the VXT Series. The wider sweet spot, excellent imaging and extended frequency response will make the VXT Series the preferred choice for recording professionals and musicians worldwide."

With such attention to detail taken in the creation of VXT Series' key components, it should come as no surprise to learn that KRK has designed numerous "extras". The VXT Series features tamper resistant switch covers to protect against others changing your personal settings, integrated Omni Mount support for easy wall or corner mounting, ground lift, defeatable limiter and auto mute controls, and high and low frequency adjust switches on the VXT6 and VXT8.

KRK Systems distributed by Forerunner Technologies.
email: info@forerunnertech.com/   Tel: 9282821
Forerunner Technologies Inc.<br />Tel: 9263630/ 9252597<br />email:  info@forerunnertech.com

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
Re: KRK to release new VXT Studio monitors in June
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:04:08 PM »
Pasensya na po, but does KRK have a local distributor?

Nagtatanong lang po.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »
master kedy

yang si mario of forerunnertech ang distro

yung isang store nila ay yung nasa may edsa "The Music Source"

:D
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »
maganda to sir forrunnertech...musta naman?maA/B nyo ba kaya to sa KRK RP5ss nyo dyan?malaking tulong sir..salamat.gbu
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:26:42 PM »

Hollywood, Florida, March 28th
- KRK Systems is proud to announce the release of the VXT Series studio monitors at Musikmesse. The VXT Series monitors are the latest products from a company known for creating world class studio monitors for a variety of markets. The series was created using stringent design philosophies similar to KRK's flagship close-field monitor, the Exposé E8B. The VXT Series has been designed to reproduce the true nature of the audio material and raises the bar for recording monitors used by professional engineers, musicians and DJs world wide. .

The VXT Series includes new proprietary woofers and tweeters, a newly designed curved face plate for excellent imaging, a new cabinet design that provides low resonance, improved structural integrity and extended low-end and slotted ports that greatly reduce port turbulence.

KRK engineers started with the extremely functional cabinet design of the flagship monitor, the Exposé E8B to create a very high performance yet attractive line of monitors. The curved cabinet and faceplate provide excellent imaging characteristics and a wider "sweet spot". (Many monitors have discontinuous elements which can increase diffraction.) The use of ABS structural foam as the cabinet material provides excellent damping characteristics and extended low end due to more internal volume. The ABS foam also absorbs shocks really well so the cabinet is extremely impact resistant.

With the VXT Series, KRK engineers set out to improve transient response in the system. The tweeter's dome is comprised of true silk, as opposed to cloth, which translates to fast transient response, excellent imaging and extended frequency response.

The new woofer inside the VXT Series has improved transient response by using a stiffer, lighter cone that provides very low distortion and extended low-end.

"It was important for us to have the VXT Series mirror the same look and performance of our flagship monitor, the Exposé E8B" commented Mike Newman, KRK System's Product Manager. "The same expertise and care that went into the design of the Exposé, went into the design of the VXT Series. The wider sweet spot, excellent imaging and extended frequency response will make the VXT Series the preferred choice for recording professionals and musicians worldwide."

With such attention to detail taken in the creation of VXT Series' key components, it should come as no surprise to learn that KRK has designed numerous "extras". The VXT Series features tamper resistant switch covers to protect against others changing your personal settings, integrated Omni Mount support for easy wall or corner mounting, ground lift, defeatable limiter and auto mute controls, and high and low frequency adjust switches on the VXT6 and VXT8.

KRK Systems distributed by Forerunner Technologies.
email: info@forerunnertech.com/   Tel: 9282821

Two words... HOW MUCH?  :-o

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 01:34:03 PM »
I have enjoyed KRK speakers from the set up of master arranger/jazz keyboardist Yoyong Nalaza. He's now in Hollywood still doing some music arranging.

Thanks for the info.  Tama si skunkyfunk sa next question.

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »
i just called them. they still don't have a price for the vxt series. they do have the v series on stock, and i tried both the v4 and the v6. although i personally like the v4 better, you can't go wrong with either one.

oh, by the way, they also have the st (passive) series.

@kedy - the krk's yoyong used to use were from the k-rok series (passive). as far as i can remember, krk has always been known to sound so much bigger than their actual size. the v series are powered, and in my opinion, so much better than the k-roks. music source is pretty close to gma records, so you might wanna pay them a visit. just look for richard.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 09:34:26 PM »
Thanks for the info, Master Marvs. 

Will definitely check them out.  Pucha kung pangit pa yung set up ni Yoyong, di I can expect more from these VXT sets.   

If ever, tama ba ang intindi ko na OK na yung mga V6?

Pag kulang ang budget ko, uutang ako sa iyo, ha? Ha? Kumpadre?  :-D

Offline forerunnertech

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 04:49:36 AM »
Hi Guys,

The VTX Monitors were released to fill in the between the V-Series and the Top of the line Expose'.  It takes is form from the Expose and employs newly designed components by the KRK Team. the rear also offers more functionality & settings .    The hirarchy would be Expose'/ VTX/ V-II/ Rokit not withstanding an offering of the M2-18 Main Monitors for the bigger studios.

The price range of the 3 models of VXT ranges from P19K to about P38K.  but good news to interested parties, when the stocks in the US become available, I hope to offer Philmusic members a prepaid deal that will slash a chunk off the cost. (this idea comes from our friend John)

I invite you to the new KRK website at www.krksys.com to see more info on the whole line.

Just a bit of History:

KRK Systems was founded in 1986, by Keith Klawitter. He had been an engineer for years working on such films as "Brainstorm" and "The Doors". Frustrated by the fact he couldn't find a monitor that gave him clarity and accuracy, he began building his own monitors. Other engineers and producers began to take notice of Keith's high-end studio monitors, a groundswell began and a company was born. They also began commissioning him to build custom main systems as well. We attribute this remarkable beginning to Keith's affinity for electronics, his passion for music, and his originality and insight.
Forerunner Technologies Inc.<br />Tel: 9263630/ 9252597<br />email:  info@forerunnertech.com

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »
Thanks for the info, Master Marvs. 

Will definitely check them out.  Pucha kung pangit pa yung set up ni Yoyong, di I can expect more from these VXT sets.   

If ever, tama ba ang intindi ko na OK na yung mga V6?

Pag kulang ang budget ko, uutang ako sa iyo, ha? Ha? Kumpadre?  :-D

if you wanna check them out, and have the chance to compare them to my other monitors (mackie hr624, m-audio bx5a, fostex 6301b), feel free to drop by my studio. medyo malayo-layo nga lang. sa betterliving sa paranaque.

ok yung v6. had the chance to try out the v4 too, which i prefer, but i think it's out of stock as of the moment.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============