hulika

Author Topic: Looks versus Tone  (Read 55733 times)

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Looks versus Tone
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 01:05:58 PM »
i think laging meron mahuhulog sa category ng looks over tone. depende na sa maturity  or preference (as in gusto talaga looks+tone di bale na mag hanap ng ilang taon) madami dami lang sa Pinas na nagbibigay ng priority sa looks, but meron din sa ibang bansa.

baka sa sobrang panget hindi na kayo makatulog! haha

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 01:10:42 PM »
t@enang yan. sumasakit lang ang ulo ko kakaisip. da point op ol dis?

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
ignore mo na lang sir para walang sakit sa ulo  :-D

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
Kung pangit ang itsura, bakit mo sinubukan? Kung maganda ang tunog, bakit hindi mo binili? Nasa budget ba ng usual pinoy guitarist? Why are you shocked when you yourself did not buy it even after testing it?

Yung tele ko pangit nung makita ko sa display. It is very dull and may white spots pa. Yet I tried it and I bought it. I am now happy that I got it, especially after I made it shiny and removed the white spots.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:27:28 PM by royc »

Offline soundhole8

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »
baka eto yung Guitar na parang Armalite sa RJ. hehe
 :-D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »
t@enang yan. sumasakit lang ang ulo ko kakaisip. da point op ol dis?

beauty is in the EAR of the beholder?  Este, rather the ear is in the BEAUTY of the beholder.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2014, 01:43:26 PM »
Kung pangit ang itsura, bakit mo sinubukan? Kung maganda ang tunog, bakit hindi mo binili? Nasa budget ba ng usual pinoy guitarist? Why are you shocked when you yourself did not buy it even after testing it?

(As I said, na una ko binili ang Komet Aero 33 at BC Rich USA Handmade na Mockingbird.  So, ipon ipon lang ng kaunti.  Heh Heh.  Kaya nga unahan eh.)

Yung tele ko pangit nung makita ko sa display. It is very dull and may white spots pa. Yet I tried it and I bought it. I am now happy that I got it, especially after I made it shiny and removed the white spots.

(Good for you.  Actually mas tama ang process mo.)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »
(As I said, na una ko binili ang Komet Aero 33 at BC Rich USA Handmade na Mockingbird.  So, ipon ipon lang ng kaunti.  Heh Heh.  Kaya nga unahan eh.)

Ah babalikan mo pala :-)

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
I agree with all that Alex said.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »
beauty is in the EAR of the beholder?  Este, rather the ear is in the BEAUTY of the beholder.

ok so sayo na rin nanggaling: what sounds great to some is meh to others, vice versa.

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2014, 02:17:15 PM »
Looks?....because looks are primarily deceiving so such instruments are for the tonally deceived...hehehe
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2014, 02:28:34 PM »
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »
Kaya nga kakaawa ang mga bingi dahil wala na silang itsura at wala pa silang tone.

F**k you Alex! I have a deaf/mute nephew and hindi ko gusto tabas ng dila mo!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:13:27 PM by stringman »
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:11 PM »
As much as I love high-end, hiyaw-certified custom guitars, I gotta say that a guitar's aesthetic appeal is also important to me. Maybe not as important as tone (my #1 priority) and playability/feel (#2), but it's part of what I look for in a guitar. That's why I prefer to order customized small-shop guitars instead of buying them off-the-rack: I can get the exact looks that I want and I'll have a better chance of getting a great sounding guitar because of the luthier/manufacturer's know-how. If I were to shell out top dough for a guitar, I gotta make sure that I get a pretty darned good deal. But that's just me.

Nevertheless, there are a lot of great sounding guitars out there. Maybe they won't be in Alex's top 5% most toneful list, but as long as the guitar connects with you in a special way (admit it guys, that's why you have your respective go-to/#1 guitars :) ) and it's used to play music to inspire people or to give them a good time, then that guitar is good enough.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
As much as I love high-end, hiyaw-certified custom guitars, I gotta say that a guitar's aesthetic appeal is also important to me. Maybe not as important as tone (my #1 priority) and playability/feel (#2), but it's part of what I look for in a guitar. That's why I prefer to order customized small-shop guitars instead of buying them off-the-rack: I can get the exact looks that I want and I'll have a better chance of getting a great sounding guitar because of the luthier/manufacturer's know-how. If I were to shell out top dough for a guitar, I gotta make sure that I get a pretty darned good deal. But that's just me.

Nevertheless, there are a lot of great sounding guitars out there. Maybe they won't be in Alex's top 5% most toneful list, but as long as the guitar connects with you in a special way (admit it guys, that's why you have your respective go-to/#1 guitars :) ) and it's used to play music to inspire people or to give them a good time, then that guitar is good enough.

Very well said sir. I totally agree with the Guitar and Playerr connection for the #1/go-to Guitar. I have loads of gutiars pero for some reason, I always play on my strat. hahahaha!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
^pupusta ako: with a solid logic like that, may makikita pa ring paraan maka-kontra lang.

#1 ko ang playability and handling. tied ang tone at looks. parang boses lang: hindi lahat ng tao type ang boses ng mga biritera, and the concept of preference is lost to some.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »
^pupusta ako: with a solid logic like that, may makikita pa ring paraan maka-kontra lang.

#1 ko ang playability and handling. tied ang tone at looks. parang boses lang: hindi lahat ng tao type ang boses ng mga biritera, and the concept of preference is lost to some.

Uhhhh ako ba to? hahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »
I'm sure Sean was pertaining to Alex, Ralph.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
I'm sure Sean was pertaining to Alex, Ralph.

thanks bro. hahaha. nakakalito lang hahaha!

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »
siguro offset guitar yan ano? FM55?  :lol:

I love looks--! though subjective naman ito.. looks muna then if it plays and feels well and right... BOOM! ..Keeper na!

parang ganito ang guitar + Guitarist connection for me:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:47:53 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »

Uhhhh ako ba to? hahaha

ke boss PC yan :lol:

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2014, 03:42:36 PM »
Dami namang butthurt. Tama naman si Alex eh.

I first choose guitars for looks, then try it out for tone and playability. If the guitar had decent tone, I would not buy it if it was unplayable, and I'd think about buying it if it looked good.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
Dami namang butthurt. Tama naman si Alex eh.

I first choose guitars for looks, then try it out for tone and playability. If the guitar had decent tone, I would not buy it if it was unplayable, and I'd think about buying it if it looked good.

+1

― Duane Allman

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2014, 03:53:14 PM »

my point exactly
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »
somewhat related, I made the mistake of purchasing a pedal based on its good looks and awesome artwork. when I tested it, all the knobs needed to be maxed out for the effect to be heard. it was my biggest pedal GAS mistake ever.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers