hulika

Author Topic: Have you heard of the new Mackie Thump powered speakers?  (Read 23220 times)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Have you heard of the new Mackie Thump powered speakers?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 02:18:40 AM »
san mo nabasa yung hf drivers ng Mackie Srm ay P.audio?  May nagsabi din kasi sakin that P.audio makes a lot of replacement parts for other brands as well?  :?  Aside frm Jbl,  even some Ev drivers are being supplied by P.audio as was mentioned to me. Tnx  :-)

here's one too - http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/product.asp?specific=954  

even turbosound uses p-audio hf drivers  :-D

p-audio bm d440 1" hf driver

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:37:18 AM by Jef2 »

Offline diapason

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
Whoah! Looks cool! Thanks for sharing!  :-)
diapason

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »
medyo OT.meron ba passive version ang mga thumb series?

Offline forerunnermusic

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »

no passive version :)
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »

p-audio bm d440 1" hf driver

Bro,  even with Das K8 and Peavey 44t drivers meron replacement diaphragms ang p.audio harhar

Offline stoney73

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »

Yeh read this on another thread saying that the Turbosound TXD-15M wedge monitor uses the P_audio hf BM d750 2" driver model:

Turbosound TXD-15M driver

P_audio BM d750 driver

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is STILL the wrong piece of gear".

Offline Solutions and Tools

• Netizen Level
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »
Panalo!

Malayo sa mga China Generics and Fake speakers! (Aray . . . )

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »
Yeh read this on another thread saying that the Turbosound TXD-15M wedge monitor uses the P_audio hf BM d750 2" driver model:

Turbosound TXD-15M driver

P_audio BM d750 driver

Galing!  8-)  8-)  8-)

Offline stoney73

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »
Bro,  even with Das K8 and Peavey 44t drivers meron replacement diaphragms ang p.audio harhar

Yes this is said to be the P Audio replacement diaphragm mainly used for JBL2445, 2440, 2441, 2447, 2450, 2451, 2445H, 2446H, 2447H, 2450H, 2451H, 2440H, 2441H, 376H and Peavey 44T & 44XT.  Awesome  :evil:

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:35:26 PM by stoney73 »
"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is STILL the wrong piece of gear".

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 05:50:28 PM »
Yes this is said to be the P Audio replacement diaphragm mainly used for JBL2445, 2440, 2441, 2447, 2450, 2451, 2445H, 2446H, 2447H, 2450H, 2451H, 2440H, 2441H, 376H and Peavey 44T & 44XT.  Awesome  :evil:

+1. mga kakilala ko p audio ang kinakabit sa mga JBL drivers nla. meron din yta ang neusch. mas mura pero agad nagcacrack yung dome at kulang sa highs  :-D 3.6k yta ang price ng p audio replacement.  8-)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »
+1. mga kakilala ko p audio ang kinakabit sa mga JBL drivers nla. meron din yta ang neusch. mas mura pero agad nagcacrack yung dome at kulang sa highs  :-D 3.6k yta ang price ng p audio replacement.  8-)

:? before 3200 lang ha. . . :cry:

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »
mga sirs, newbie question po. would replacing only the diaphragm and not the entire driver restore the driver to new or near new condition? wouldn't the magnet of the drivers be old, perhaps weaker na yung magnetic field nila? would you recommend replacing the diaphragm only or the whole driver if budget allows? also what other parameters do i need to consider, e.g., impedance matching, etc. patulong po and TIA

MAKING SOUND MATTER
make sound matter
"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard..." - Psalm 66:8a (NIV)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »
mga sirs, newbie question po. would replacing only the diaphragm and not the entire driver restore the driver to new or near new condition? wouldn't the magnet of the drivers be old, perhaps weaker na yung magnetic field nila? would you recommend replacing the diaphragm only or the whole driver if budget allows? also what other parameters do i need to consider, e.g., impedance matching, etc. patulong po and TIA

MAKING SOUND MATTER

would replacing only the diaphragm and not the entire driver restore the driver to new or near new condition? - it would if you'll replace it with the 'original' diaphragm.  replacement diaphragms (like the p-audio and not zomax china) can only provide 80 to 85% of the original frequency response but at a fraction of a cost.  8-)

wouldn't the magnet of the drivers be old, perhaps weaker na yung magnetic field nila?  haven't experience this so far on reputable brands.  :-)

would you recommend replacing the diaphragm only or the whole driver if budget allows? of course.  mura na ang p-audio replacement diaphragms.  take for example the original diaphragm of the jbl2446 hf driver.  i think it's around 10thou at audiophile.  the p-audio's latest version is at 3600 (from 3200 actually  :-().  still a fraction of the cost.  :lol:

also what other parameters do i need to consider, e.g., impedance matching, etc.  - i would say impedance since the p-audio 2412 replacement diaphragm should be rated at 4ohms to sound 80 to 85% just like the original jbl 2412 diaphragm.  8-)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:52:32 PM by Jef2 »

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 04:57:18 AM »
thanks for the reply sir Jef2. we have a pair of US-made Cerwin-Vega! CVX 253 FOH speakers, 3-way, full range, dual 15inchers. i saw original diaphragms on the net c.USD60 only per piece, option yun but i'm thinking of replacing the mids and the woofers with p-audio. di kaya ako magkaproblema sa alignment? or other problems for that matter? or have them rewinded na lang? the seniors from this forum were recommending someone who rewinds speakers well. nakakahinayang yung speakers, maganda yung baffles and orig na Cerwin kasi, though old na, baka may ibubuga pa. considering housing the band using them kung ma-rehab pa. vocals would go to a point source sana. mga sirs, your inputs will be greatly appreciated! thanks po uli

MAKING SOUND MATTER
make sound matter
"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard..." - Psalm 66:8a (NIV)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
thanks for the reply sir Jef2. we have a pair of US-made Cerwin-Vega! CVX 253 FOH speakers, 3-way, full range, dual 15inchers. i saw original diaphragms on the net c.USD60 only per piece, option yun but i'm thinking of replacing the mids and the woofers with p-audio. di kaya ako magkaproblema sa alignment? or other problems for that matter? or have them rewinded na lang? the seniors from this forum were recommending someone who rewinds speakers well. nakakahinayang yung speakers, maganda yung baffles and orig na Cerwin kasi, though old na, baka may ibubuga pa. considering housing the band using them kung ma-rehab pa. vocals would go to a point source sana. mga sirs, your inputs will be greatly appreciated! thanks po uli

MAKING SOUND MATTER

sir sikyo,  firstly,  i will not suggest you to let others 'rewind' or 'rewound' your speakers since you will only trying to revive something that is already dead.  it's just a waste of time and money.  a replacement part or a recone kit will be the best move. you just have to know where to buy and you need to spend more money.  :oops:

i cannot guarantee if by directly replacing the speaker components will solve your problem.  remember that your system is a 3way passive system and it involves a 3way crossover/network.  the network has been carefully matched with the speaker components.  impedance here is critical since the hf, mf and lf may have varying impedances.  the only way to check is by installing the replacement speaker directly to your box and hear if it matches well.

for a fullrange 15inch speaker,  in the past i tried the p-audio c15 300mb model as a direct replacement and so far it did wonders.  just make sure if you have a pair of speakers, you need to change both speakers, not just one.  

p-audio c15 300mb  i think the price is below 6thou  :lol:

you can check with xstatic if they still have a sample c15 300 with them or just try to call music box in pampanga.

hope this helps.  :-)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:18:30 AM by Jef2 »

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 01:50:33 PM »
thanks again, sir Jef2, your explanation helps a lot. bukod sa impedance worried din ako sa cross since di ako sure kung yung replacements would work well at a particular crossover freq., i don't know if selectable yung xover freq nung lumang speakers (hardwired btw), use a separate xover (say, from a DRPA+ or another source,) use the speakers bi-amp or tri-amp option (sobrang gastos na yata yun for an old setup,) or sell them and replace them outright with new ones using newer technology (mas mahal nang di hamak but sure ang tunog). resigned na ako to recommend the last option until i read your reviews and experiences (nothing beats this  :-)) in this forum about the p-audio replacements   :| whatever direction i take, i take home with me increased knowledge, so maraming salamat uli

MAKING SOUND MATTER
make sound matter

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 07:52:08 AM »
thanks again, sir Jef2, your explanation helps a lot. bukod sa impedance worried din ako sa cross since di ako sure kung yung replacements would work well at a particular crossover freq., i don't know if selectable yung xover freq nung lumang speakers (hardwired btw), use a separate xover (say, from a DRPA+ or another source,) use the speakers bi-amp or tri-amp option (sobrang gastos na yata yun for an old setup,) or sell them and replace them outright with new ones using newer technology (mas mahal nang di hamak but sure ang tunog). resigned na ako to recommend the last option until i read your reviews and experiences (nothing beats this  :-)) in this forum about the p-audio replacements   :| whatever direction i take, i take home with me increased knowledge, so maraming salamat uli

MAKING SOUND MATTER

+1. Same experience here.  I had my DAS K8 driver installed with a P.audio replacement diaphragm (thanks to sir Jef & Philmusic) and now it's like the time I bought them from the showroom more than 10yrs ago  :lol: :lol:  Hindi uubra yung sinasabi nilang "rewind".  Tama si sir Jef - you are just trying to revive what is already dead.  You just have to replace them with a high quality replacement diaphragm like that of P.audio.  For my old DAS 12 inchers,  a direct replacement of the P.audio C12 500 did the job  :-D  :-D.  Same with my DAS 18 woofers.  I had the chance of choosing from four P.audio woofer models. Sound output and response is almost identical except P.audio is a lot cheaper and comes with complete parts 8-)  8-)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:06:06 AM by king_james »

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »
thanks for sharing your experience, sir king_james. looks viable talaga ang p-audio replacement for us. ask ko lang sana who's distributing p-audio here, check ko models/specs and pricing. maraming salamat uli  :-)
make sound matter

Offline barracks01

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
ang pinag uusapan dito..Have you heard of the new Mackie Thump powered speakers?

mukhang nalihis na yata ang topic natin sa paudio.

sino nakarinig na at naka evaluate ng thump? any info pa.

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2010, 04:12:01 PM »
sa ibang forums ok ang review ng thump kaya lang ang parts ang problem nila.

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:06 PM »
sa ibang forums ok ang review ng thump kaya lang ang parts ang problem nila.

:? boz san f0rums mo nabasa?  or beter yet inquire at TMS outlets if they have parts for the Mackie thumps already. . .  or bka naMan may pyesa ang p audi0 din sa thumpS ?  :|

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
djforums.com. hindi ko na makita yun link. pero kahit sa kanila bilib sila sa mackie thump. malakas daw ang bass at sulit sa price.

Offline ooze_ooze

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 04:50:23 AM »
just bought one yesterday... in the best of my ability of using my ear, it sounded better than the b3sigma12a when demo-ed to me at hi-fi.. the lesser weight is a plus for me.. will submit a review in a month..

Offline Glennox

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 12:56:21 AM »
...Maiproject nga...Mackie brand name pa...ok sa presyo!...,, :wink: