hulika

Author Topic: Fuzz Freaks arise!  (Read 274833 times)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fuzz Freaks arise!
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »
have you tried the fulltone 69? how does it stand against the GE sunface? cheaper alternative?

i'm also curious about this buzzmaster with 4 GE transistors. what the hell is that about?  :-D

Only heard it live sa shootout last last week. Sa price diff ng 69 mkii at sunface, sulit na talaga 69 mkii. :-)

im new to fuzz., anyone can help me about the outcome of this,

lower output pick ups "vintagey" + fuzz(fuzz face, tonebender,muff) = ?
hight output pick ups "hot" or modern + fuzz(same as above)= ?

I think sa fuzz face type, mas maganda talaga strat with single compared to say, a lp with humbuckers.

For tone bender.. Check out burgerman's scarab deluxe video sa youtube. May two takes, one witha strat and one with lp. Medyo malaki din difference in sound. :)

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »
on some fuzz related news:

did anyone catch the tweets billy corgan made slamming devi ever and the silver rose?

https://twitter.com/#!/Billy

grabe, that must be devastating since the SM was made to sound like the siamese dream fuzz. that's her flagship pedal.  :-(

i wonder what's up?

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »

did anyone catch the tweets billy corgan made slamming devi ever and the silver rose?

grabe, that must be devastating since the SM was made to sound like the siamese dream fuzz. that's her flagship pedal.  :-(

i wonder what's up?

It's not pulling. Care to put a screenshot? This is epic.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
What happened?

Daming heat with Devi recently ah (JHS fiasco anyone?)

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
Has anyone tried a Cusack Screamer Fuzz II?

In theory this seems like my ideal od+fuzz pedal... would love to hear some opinions or clips...

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »

i wonder what's up?
http://www.reddit.com/r/lgbt/comments/jtpmu/billy_corgan_is_a_transbashing_asshole/

here is Devi's response.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhVpCARW1iI

devi ever :" I also never threatened to sue him, "start a war", or threaten him with physical harm. I just had an opinion on the way I felt he was disrespecting me, and the fact I didn't like the things he was involved with, or his apparent moral stance on various aspects of... life in general. If that makes me a bad person in people's eyes... fine... but I know I'm not wrong in having the opinions I had, or stating the facts I stated. On the other hand... the transphobic attacks, and now the physical threats and legal threats... that's some pretty [strawberry] up [gooey brown stuff]... and if anyone doesn't agree with that... then those are definitely people I don't want to be associated with."

im still gonna buy that silver rose

• Veteran Member
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »
here's a link on netphoria:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=173879

at some point devi gives a partial explanation:

"Here's my three-strikes-he's out for Billy and the pedals.

1) I gave him a Shoe Gazer and Rocket a long time ago, and when I met him in person and mentioned the Shoe Gazer, he said something along the lines of "It's a great fuzz, but you can't use that live... you know?" ... No, I don't know Billy. Tell me why you're too afraid to do anything interesting with your live sound anymore. Oh right, everything has to be pristine and perfect these days or vintage and unprogressive... just like you.

2) The Rocket diss in the "Stompland" video. The Rocket was not designed to emulate the sound from Rocket. The pedal is a nod to the song, and a love letter of sorts to Siamese Dream... but anyone who's actually spent good time with it knows that it goes WAY beyond that... so his obvious misunderstanding (through undoubted little use) of the pedal was kind of annoying. What made it pretty [strawberry] infuriating though was that I was in the middle of developing the pedal which I -thought- I was working with him on (the Silver Rose) to make a fuzz that would fit his "modern yet vintage" fuzz needs.... and to have him publicly (metaphorically and literally) toss the Rocket aside was a real [gooey brown stuff] move in relation... to well EVERYTHING going on that point. Fortunately no one gives much a [gooey brown stuff] about Billy anymore in regards to such things, so any business lost because of his off hand comment isn't business I'm worried about. It was just a [sausage] move. I like what a good friend of mine in the industry said "When it comes to fuzz, you're bigger than Billy Corgan... [strawberry] him."

It's true... I'm selling Silver Roses like crazy... not because of anything Billy did... but because people like what I do, and could give two [gooey brown stuff] at the end of the day who uses my pedals... but still... I don't do well with idiots and assholes, and Billy fits the bill (lol) of both these days.

3) The Silver Rose. I spent well over three grand developing the Rose for that ungrateful [pineapple]. I listened to what he wanted, developed something that was far beyond what my business usually does, went through a costly research and development process, and ultimately sent him around $1k worth of gear on top of all the R&D costs during the SR time... and what came of his use, or thanks, or anything for that time spent?

Nothing. The guy didn't say [gooey brown stuff] in response to all that hard work. As a matter of fact, just for [gooey brown stuff], I decided to toss the name of a fellow pedal builder his way who was building a pedal he might like, just as a last... we'll see what happens. So what happens? The [strawberry] writes back the next day saying he'd love one of those!

lol

The guy has the attention span of a carrot.

Seriously though. I'm unapologetic in any of this, and glad to finally just cut ties with the guy. He is definitely the epitome of the fallen hero story that seems to eventually play out to anyone and at least some of their heroes over time.

So yeah... this is the pedal side of things... but beyond that, once again... there is so much about Billy Corgan beyond the music and gear that I just don't vibe with... actually ALL OF IT.... and the music isn't there anymore... so [strawberry] him."

• Veteran Member
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2011, 08:54:58 PM »
It's not pulling. Care to put a screenshot? This is epic.

oh, here's another thread on ilovefuzz.com:

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=19445

in it devi posts the email threats corgan makes on facebook.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:00:52 PM by johnny_jackhammers »

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2011, 10:38:40 PM »

oh, here's another thread on ilovefuzz.com:

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=19445

in it devi posts the email threats corgan makes on facebook.

Hmmm. What a douche. Oh well. lol
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
Hey guys, dati nung una kong makarinig ng FUZZ pedal ng boss. medyo di ko trip. siguro dahil bata pa ang tenga ko nun. hehe.

pero eto, panalo.

feature=related

• Veteran Member
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »
Has anyone tried a Cusack Screamer Fuzz II?

In theory this seems like my ideal od+fuzz pedal... would love to hear some opinions or clips...

+1!  looks pretty cool too.  :-D

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2011, 09:11:40 AM »
what a D. i like the Silver Rose and what it does which only goes to show the effort Devi put into it. never been a fan of big muffs (and smashing pumpkins, thank heavens LOL!), so i think the SR is a good compromise and is leagues better than the BM (and corgan, too :lol:) sound-wise.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
What happened?

Daming heat with Devi recently ah (JHS fiasco anyone?)

are you referring to that whole drama about someone critiquing the build quality of her pedals?

IMO, the guy had a point naman and pics to go with the critique. and the thing is, a few weeks after the whole issue, she changed the circuit board of the pedal to a much tidier config. so it was all for the best (for future purchase.).

Offline IncX

« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2011, 02:21:18 PM »
That's a good one. My fave fuzz at the moment is a Lovetone Big Cheese clone.

im really a bassist, so i am not well-versed on fuzz ... my guitar player is worse... he thinks a fuzz is just a distortion pedal with the gain and bass maxed lol

maybe i should have asked this thread about what i wanted in a fuzz before i bought the redwitch ... i guess i just had a super good experience with a redwitch moonphaser, i trust everything they put out lol

now, since you said its a good one... whew!

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2011, 03:29:03 AM »
here's a link on netphoria:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=173879

at some point devi gives a partial explanation:

"Here's my three-strikes-he's out for Billy and the pedals.

1) I gave him a Shoe Gazer and Rocket a long time ago, and when I met him in person and mentioned the Shoe Gazer, he said something along the lines of "It's a great fuzz, but you can't use that live... you know?" ... No, I don't know Billy. Tell me why you're too afraid to do anything interesting with your live sound anymore. Oh right, everything has to be pristine and perfect these days or vintage and unprogressive... just like you.

2) The Rocket diss in the "Stompland" video. The Rocket was not designed to emulate the sound from Rocket. The pedal is a nod to the song, and a love letter of sorts to Siamese Dream... but anyone who's actually spent good time with it knows that it goes WAY beyond that... so his obvious misunderstanding (through undoubted little use) of the pedal was kind of annoying. What made it pretty [strawberry] infuriating though was that I was in the middle of developing the pedal which I -thought- I was working with him on (the Silver Rose) to make a fuzz that would fit his "modern yet vintage" fuzz needs.... and to have him publicly (metaphorically and literally) toss the Rocket aside was a real [gooey brown stuff] move in relation... to well EVERYTHING going on that point. Fortunately no one gives much a [gooey brown stuff] about Billy anymore in regards to such things, so any business lost because of his off hand comment isn't business I'm worried about. It was just a [sausage] move. I like what a good friend of mine in the industry said "When it comes to fuzz, you're bigger than Billy Corgan... [strawberry] him."

It's true... I'm selling Silver Roses like crazy... not because of anything Billy did... but because people like what I do, and could give two [gooey brown stuff] at the end of the day who uses my pedals... but still... I don't do well with idiots and [pineapple], and Billy fits the bill (lol) of both these days.

3) The Silver Rose. I spent well over three grand developing the Rose for that ungrateful [pineapple]. I listened to what he wanted, developed something that was far beyond what my business usually does, went through a costly research and development process, and ultimately sent him around $1k worth of gear on top of all the R&D costs during the SR time... and what came of his use, or thanks, or anything for that time spent?

Nothing. The guy didn't say [gooey brown stuff] in response to all that hard work. As a matter of fact, just for [gooey brown stuff], I decided to toss the name of a fellow pedal builder his way who was building a pedal he might like, just as a last... we'll see what happens. So what happens? The [strawberry] writes back the next day saying he'd love one of those!

lol

The guy has the attention span of a carrot.

Seriously though. I'm unapologetic in any of this, and glad to finally just cut ties with the guy. He is definitely the epitome of the fallen hero story that seems to eventually play out to anyone and at least some of their heroes over time.

So yeah... this is the pedal side of things... but beyond that, once again... there is so much about Billy Corgan beyond the music and gear that I just don't vibe with... actually ALL OF IT.... and the music isn't there anymore... so [strawberry] him."

regarding to the alleged "Rocket" diss comment, here's the 'Stompland' vid of Billy Corgan (skip to 02:05):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZemTcTyJKs

"here's the devi ever rocket pedal, just in case... [chuckles] I don't think we'll be needing that, but ah, since we got the original deal**"
(** hmm, maybe he's referring to the Silver Rose pedal by that time? ???)

dunno if that sounded offensive enough... (oh, the fuzz pedal melodrama heheh :D )
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:31:16 AM by xelalien »

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:37 AM »

coming soon..... :-D

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »

coming soon..... :-D

You ordered?

Can't wait for my new one.. lol

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
You ordered?

Can't wait for my new one.. lol

yeah bro, according to Devi 3rd or last week this month nya ipapadala. ordered a silver rose and the hyperion. fuzz party when you get yours na! :D

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »
yeah bro, according to Devi 3rd or last week this month nya ipapadala. ordered a silver rose and the hyperion. fuzz party when you get yours na! :D

Nice!

Gaaaame. haha may gusto akong subukan na fuzz na someone here has.

Offline benji_devi

« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2011, 04:11:45 PM »
MUSKET FUZZV2

Offline acidspeedandmonica

• Netizen Level
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2011, 05:31:58 AM »
Good day mga sirs,

I just have a quick question re the germanium fuzz face. They said that if its Germanium, it shouldnt be included on a chain with the non germanium peds, and that it should have its own power supply.

My question is can I use a separate ordinary 9v adapter to power a germanium ped?

The reason I asked is im getting a germanium fuzzface here, but im not sure if i can use an ordinary 9v adapter to power it,

Salamat in advance mga sirs! Ingat po.
"Led Zeppelin didn't write songs that everybody liked! They left that to the Beegees...."
                                                                  -Wayne Campbell -
Wayne's World

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2011, 08:04:38 AM »
What model are you getting? Iirc, some ge pedals are center positive. So I wouldn't suggest plugging them in unless you have the red converter cable. You might fry your pedal.

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »
IMO converting one of the plugs of a regular center negative DC 9V daisy chain to make one plug center positive is a no-no pa rin. it should have a separate adaptor/battery :-)

• Veteran Member
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »
Good day mga sirs,

I just have a quick question re the germanium fuzz face. They said that if its Germanium, it shouldnt be included on a chain with the non germanium peds, and that it should have its own power supply.

My question is can I use a separate ordinary 9v adapter to power a germanium ped?

The reason I asked is im getting a germanium fuzzface here, but im not sure if i can use an ordinary 9v adapter to power it,

Salamat in advance mga sirs! Ingat po.

better to power your germanium pedal with a battery. i think read in some of the forums that daisy chaining it overloads or stresses the GE transistor particularly.

i noticed nga that when when my Fuzz Factory is daisy chained it is noisy as hell. zvex even confirms this.

using a cheap 9v everready battery solves this. the battery lasts long because the current draw is low and as the battery dies out, it sounds better.

Offline acidspeedandmonica

• Netizen Level
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2011, 07:35:49 PM »
Salamat mga Sirs! I'm using the Dunlop JDF2 Fuzz Face (Red). Im planning on using a battery clip adapter so i can plug it to a separate 9v PSU.
Would that work?
Can I use an ordinary 9v adapter as long as I will just use it for the FF?

Thank you for your seggestions. :)
"Led Zeppelin didn't write songs that everybody liked! They left that to the Beegees...."
                                                                  -Wayne Campbell -
Wayne's World