What the audience says
13 (65%)
What the gearhead says
2 (10%)
What YOU say
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 14, 2006, 09:52:55 AM

Author Topic: Audience vs You  (Read 3343 times)

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Audience vs You
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 05:10:59 AM »
in a gigging situation.. the gearhead would be the irritating guy carrying a beer, coming near the stage and asking "play the reasonnnn" and you pretending not to notice, turn around wildly, hit the guy on the head with the headstock of your guitar.. and say "oopss.."  :P

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Audience vs You
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 09:46:17 AM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
in a gigging situation.. the gearhead would be the irritating guy carrying a beer, coming near the stage and asking "play the reasonnnn" and you pretending not to notice, turn around wildly, hit the guy on the head with the headstock of your guitar.. and say "oopss.."  :P

bad idea. the guy has a beer in his hand. he could easily spill that on your stompboxes or modeler :lol:

tas if someone yells for Freebird, give 'im the finger. its a free bird. :lol:

Offline fourth_cycle

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Audience vs You
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
pwedi ba dalawa you at audience

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
very good topic!  since voting has closed, i'll just voice out my comment here.  :-D

my 1st priority is to sound good to the audience. 

when you're playing LIVE and you sound like crap to audience, what's the point?  you better go to your room, lock the door and play by yourself. 

some amateur musicians always complain that they don't hear themselves on-stage, when in fact they are already very clear with the audience.  that's the tech's fault, of not being able to make the performers hear themselves through the monitors.  it all boils down to the tech..so be-friend them.  don't fight with them.

it will also help having musician friends in the audience.  you can ask them if you can be heard properly from their perspective.  as for me, it's my dad whom i always ask if i can be heard clearly.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline everpogi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 11:59:54 PM »
play for the audience.. you're out there to entertain.. to express.. to connect..
live is different.. even you sound suck, but the crowd gives back your energy what you give, i can say it's sweet..

kung magpapaapekto ka sa mga gearheads, 'wag kang mag-gig nang di ready at timplahin mo ng maigi ang tunog mo..
if you deliver the goods with full confidence, ayus na yun!

baaaahhhhh!!! :roll:
:)

Offline cumembular

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 08:02:05 PM »
I say play for yourself and what sounds good to you.

Maraming klaseng audience and not all of them will appreciate your sound. IMO, if you play for the audience, talo ka na. Never forget why you play music. Kung hindi nila masakyan, problema nila yon. Hindi naman parating lalapit yung mga nanonood after ng gig para sabihin "ang galing nyo" or mamamato ng kamatis/walk out/parinig/snide remarks para malaman nyong sabog talaga tugtugan nyo. Kadalasan naman banda at kaibigan din ng banda yung nanonood kaya more of respeto sa kapwa musikero makukuha mo don. Kung wala kang makuhang respeto, gumawa ka para sa sarili mo. Be open to criticism. Baka talagang kelangan mo pang magkulong sa kwarto para mahanap at malinis ang tugtugan mo/nyo.

Also, it wouldn't hurt kung pipiliin nyo yung mga tinu-tugtugan nyo(Reggae tugtugan nyo tapos tutugtog kayo sa isang MetalEmoDeathCore prod) Wag na kayong umasa ng kahit anong appreciation from the audience. Kung me natuwa, well and good.Kung wala, for obvious reasons, ganon talaga. Iwas pusoy lang.

Ibang usapan pagSHOW/SIGNED band kayo. Of course, you have to play for the audience. Look good, sound good, stage rapport and stuff. Pagbinabayaran na kayo para tumugtog, siguro tama lang na iniisip nyo yung gusto ng tao kasi nagbabayad sila para mapanood ka/kayo.
Someday my pain/ Will mark you.

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 08:05:39 PM »
"What the audience say"

Of course, this is the basis if your music is appreciated or not.

Offline cinzons10

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »
what the audience says syempre..  :-) pwede rin siguro sounding good notice by you, aapply siguro to kapag nasa studio or rehersal, kung satisfied ka na sa tunog mo, then observe how your audience react to your sound..

Offline alchemy9

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
i say play for your self first.... do what you love to do and don't let anyone steer you away from it. if some people dig what you do then add that to the many reasons you have to want to play well. if not, then keep on doing what you like and maybe someday it'll be appreciated by others... don't sell out for the sake of popularity, it just might keep you from defining you own truly original concept and that's what we need more of... innovation rather than imitation :- :wink:

william251082

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 03:10:04 PM »
What I care most about is giving my best in my playing, if I did that then I'm satisfied, some people might want it, some people might not. It's ok, you can't please everybody.

That's a part of being an artist, you won't let anybody decide for your craft except you. Otherwise you're just some MTV guy.

You have to admit that inexperience listeners eh "gusto lang kung ano ang uso" or makakita lang ng mabilis ang kamay kahit walang groove magaling na ang tingin. Since ang pinapaulit-ulit lang sa mtv eh yung mga crappy music (not all) eh yun na ang nagugustuhan ng mga tao.

IT'S MORE OF A "POWER OF SUGGESTION" THAN ANYBODY ACTUALLY LIKING SOMEONE'S PLAYING.

So I vote, the player....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:25:17 PM by william251082 »

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »
i will try to find my own tone first and when im satisfied, then ill try to blend my tone to what the audience might like, and ill try to come to a point that my audience and me, the player, would both love the tone.

of course there are people who will not like my tone, in any way. bawiin nalang sa playing
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

william251082

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »
Great artists, musicians, innovators etc. won't exist today if they just follow what the audience prefers. It would be a lame a$$ world we'll live in.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:12:49 AM by william251082 »

william251082

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »
I did some cover band show before but I felt more like a jukebox than a musician...

Here is another innovative stuff that wouldn’t have happened if musicians just stay on their comfort zone and just follow what the audience wants.

feature=related

Offline fourth_cycle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 09:52:36 AM »
@william251082

kaya nga ako sir SARILI ko at AUDIENCE palagi yung iniisip ko...

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »
I follow what The Rock says.

LOL kidding.

it's the audience. most of the time they watch our for the songs you'll play and how well did you perform. Minsan kasi pag live masyadong mabilis ang pagsesetup para lang makuha mo yung preferred tone mo, so minsan lumalabas nagiging crappy ang tunog mo minsan.

Plus if the crowd is cheering, clapping and singing along loudly, it's a mroe than enough compensation for an accidentally dialled crappy tone.

plus the chicks too haha

Offline caloy the man

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
giggin' - audience 100%
studio - myself, the band and the tech guyz
home - myself
church - God and the worshippers

very well said bro!  :mrgreen:
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel." - Jimi Hendrix

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 09:45:21 AM »
audience syempre kaya ka nila dalhin sa taas and kaya ka din pabagsakin hehehehe
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline glbert

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »
If playing your own music, I'll vote for the player's satisfaction.

Once the player/musician becomes satisfied with his sound, he will feel good, and it will reflect on the performance of his music. And once this happens, the rest will follow...the audience will always have a connection and interest on what they see and hear on stage. And gearheads, though they may have 'what ifs', will be satisfied and/or convinced too.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:06:40 PM by glbert »
Hatankaru:
feature=plcp&context=C3624703UDOEgsToPDskKlm3Q3SJwNn0b34rMFjbp6

Offline spliffbwoy

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 05:55:33 AM »
sounding good and people will feel the meesage of the song...  :mrgreen:

Offline blackwingchai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 01:47:13 PM »
"Stevie Ray Vaughn was booed in one of his earlier gigs back in 1982 in Montreaux, Switzerland (mali ata spelling). 3 years later , after releasing an album, he was invited back and was cheered for the guitar hero that he truly is."

audience says? it depends. you can still play great but it depends on the audience's mood. If you play great jazz in front of a metal crowd, they'd boo the hell out of you.

All i'm saying is, it all depends.

But i think it's more on YOU. Becuase i think that music is for yourself. People are there just to witness it.
agree dito nagkaiba ang artist versus entertainer
MAKE ME SICK I MAKE MUSIC

Offline blackwingchai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
What I care most about is giving my best in my playing, if I did that then I'm satisfied, some people might want it, some people might not. It's ok, you can't please everybody.

That's a part of being an artist, you won't let anybody decide for your craft except you. Otherwise you're just some MTV guy.

You have to admit that inexperience listeners eh "gusto lang kung ano ang uso" or makakita lang ng mabilis ang kamay kahit walang groove magaling na ang tingin. Since ang pinapaulit-ulit lang sa mtv eh yung mga crappy music (not all) eh yun na ang nagugustuhan ng mga tao.

IT'S MORE OF A "POWER OF SUGGESTION" THAN ANYBODY ACTUALLY LIKING SOMEONE'S PLAYING.

So I vote, the player....
now this is an artist
MAKE ME SICK I MAKE MUSIC