hulika

Author Topic: SLAPSHOCK @ DESERT ROCK FEST/INTERNATIONAL RECORD LABEL OFFER  (Read 25631 times)

Offline masterofmayhem

SLAPSHOCK @ DESERT ROCK FEST/INTERNATIONAL RECORD LABEL OFFER
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »
SLAPSHOCK JOINS KORN AND KILLSWITCH ENGAGE AT DUBAI DESERT ROCK FEST 2008!!!
It’s confirmed! Slapshock will be part of the Dubai Desert Rock Fest V 2008 happening on March 7 and 8. Slapshock will be sharing the stage with Headliners Korn and Killswitch Engage, Velvet Revolver and Machine Head. This is the biggest, most prestigious annual rock event in the Middle East with thousands of rock afficionados gathering from all parts of the globe. Previous year’s performers include Iron Maiden, Prodigy, Incubus, Megadeth, Sepultura, Testament, Stone Sour and In Flames. This is gona be a huge break for the band as they become the first Filipino artist ever to participate on the said event. Thanks for all the prayers and support! Keep posted for more updates on this. For more info check out www.desertrockfestival.com

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 09:08:55 PM by masterofmayhem »

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
Re: SLAPSHOCK JOINS KORN & KILLSWITCH ENGAGE @ DESERT ROCK FEST
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 01:38:28 PM »
This is good news... Finally Filipino talent gets noticed more and more by peers abroad...

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 02:19:04 PM »
no doubt about slapshock.. honestly naging influence din namin to nung una..

they deserve it

finally.. they are on the map

sana sunod na yung ibang mga bands na may talent din talaga

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »
To all our Kababayan :

From the promoter of Dubai Desert Rock Festival who brings Iron Maiden, Prodigy,Incubus,Megadeth,Sepultura,3 Doors Down,The Rasmus and other famous International Bands NOW ! brings another BIG lineup for DUBAI DESERT ROCK 2008.

Our very own Filipino Band SLAPSHOCK will perform live in Dubai !!! Along with KORN, MACHINE HEAD, MARK RAMONE, KILLSWITCH,JULIANA DOWN and more famous international bands to be announced soon.

Pass this great news to all our Kababayan and be proud!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ma. Filipinas

Office Assistant

CSM Center Stage Management

P.O Box 66376

Dubai, UAE

Phone: +9714 3390550

Fax: +9714 3395534

www.csmentertains.com

"Without music, life is a journey through the desert"
It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline clubdredd

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 05:58:39 PM »
Dapat naman. Sa dami ng Pinoy sa Dubai, mas marami pa sigurong fans ang Slapshock doon kaysa sa Korn. hehe

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 07:02:06 PM »
Astig talaga! keep it up Slapshock!  :-D tumugtog narin ang Slapshock sa Malaysia! nung september sa planet hollywood with popshuvit at lovemebutch etc.. tas tumugtog uli sila sa Penang malaysia nung November! recently bumisita din dito ang popshuvit! astigin din na banda.. hiphop/rock ang tugtugan.. ang galing! high-tech ang mga equipments! halatang mamahalin!  :-D

sana eto na ang way para mas marecognize mga filipino musicians sa ibang bansa!

eto pa trivia! Slapshock became also the first filipino band to be enlisted in a well known BAND website..  theprp.com \m/  :-D
It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »
Hahahahaha, nasaan na kaya yung mga uminsulto sa Slapshock dun sa Chicosci or Slapshock thread?  :?  :lol:

Is this the first time na pupunta sila sa ibang bansa para tumugtog kasama ang mga kilalang foreign band?  :?  :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 07:24:32 PM »
Ahahaha!..pansin ko lang ha! meron talagang mga tao na mahilig mang-insulto ng ibang BANDA na hindi naman kalait-lait.. at yung masakit pa dun mga musikero rin na taga rito..pero yung mga nang-iinsulto na yun eh WALA NAMANG NAAABOT AT NAPAPATUNAYAN sa MUSIC INDUSTRY... hanggang PANGARAP na lang at YABANG, sus! ANG MAGAGALIT SAPUL!!!!! :lol:

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 08:36:59 PM »
Napansin mo din pala.  :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline totpa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 11:03:01 PM »
wow! ayus to ah! magaling naman sila. they deserved it!

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 11:16:45 PM »
iSIGAW na natin ito!!!
Click Here

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 12:05:07 AM »
whoa! this is it! kasabay namin sila last dec 1 at Mayric's w/ Malaysia's Popshuvit.. they deserve to be there coz solid naman silang lahat.. i used to be a critic then but when i met the guys (forgot kung kelan), mali pala ako.. very down to earth sila & di mayayabang.. way to go slapshock!!! til next gig hopefully in malaysia  :evil:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:16:23 AM by Indie_Boy »

Offline spife

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 01:07:02 AM »
pinoy! mabuhay ang pinoy!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline el dorko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 01:08:57 AM »
wow! congrats sa slapshock  :-) 
www.youtube.com/jebspogi<br />www.soundclick.com/jebs<br />www.facebook.com/ginilingfestival<br /

Offline masterofmayhem

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »
galing ng pinoy

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »
update lang sa gig..

SLAPSHOCK WILL BE HAVING A SPECIAL RARE PERFORMANCE WITH MASTER VIOLINIST JAY CAYUCA ON DEC 19, @ METRO BAR, WEST AVE..

HANEPS DAW TONG SI JAY CAYUCA.. NAKADISTORTION ANG VIOLIN TAS
NAGHEHEADBANG PA! ahaha! \m/

Offline urdownfaaal

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 12:42:59 AM »
astig! congrats, sana sumunod yung ibang banda makuha din sa pinas (pero yung talented lang tulad ng slapshock) :-)

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 04:35:42 AM »
they definitely deserve it. 8-)
go pinoy!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:35:11 AM by lateralis »

Offline masterofmayhem

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »
i don't know what the setup is like in Dubai but if they had smaller stages like they do at Vans Warped or Ozzfest, I wouldn't doubt that Urbandub, Battery, Greyhoundz or similar bands (what bands came out of Wolfgang?) would be able to hold their own against a few of the bands on the bill. The thing with Urbandub is that the songwriting is quite good and you can't pigeonhole them into the nu-metal or emo mold that Slapshock spawned from, you know? I mean, Slapshock's Agent Orange is proof enough that those guys rode on the nu-metal bandwagon with nothing "new" to add to the genre to make it their own. Heck, even their new songs are rehashes of their old songs with a touch of contemporary emo-ness to make it a bit more current. One can't seriously think that you would have enough gall to pit something like Slapshock on the same stage as bands like Iron Maiden ! You might as well have James Blunt and The Academy Is try to open a rock show with Slayer and Cradle of Filth as headliners!

There are a ton of other great bands from the Phils that deserve a place on the Dubai bill as Slapshock - maybe even moreso because they have something unique to offer and show others in the rock scene that the Filipino people are quite capable of producing great, hard rock music.

Offline kuwerdaslapuertas

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 09:10:04 AM »
congrats slapshock! sana pati Queso isama na, nakakaflip yung tugtugan eh haha galing..
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds and you're gone...

Offline masterofmayhem

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 07:53:40 AM »
ituloy lang natin ung pagsuporta sa lokal band natin tiyak na makarating din un iba sa intenational scene....

Bawasan lang ang paggiging utak talangka ng iba...kaya tayo napagiiwanan... eh....

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 01:44:59 AM »
Nakausap ko si jamir nung pp8 sa Slaphouse,QC tungkol sa pagtugtog nila sa dubai.. sabi niya they will play for 45 mins in front of 75 thousand people  :-D sila daw ang tutugtog bago ang KoRn... astig diba?!  :evil: may mga booth din daw ang mga banda sa side ng crowd na nagbebenta ng cds, \m/

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 08:34:33 AM »
Nakausap ko si jamir nung pp8 sa Slaphouse,QC tungkol sa pagtugtog nila sa dubai.. sabi niya they will play for 45 mins in front of 75 thousand people  :-D sila daw ang tutugtog bago ang KoRn... astig diba?!  :evil: may mga booth din daw ang mga banda sa side ng crowd na nagbebenta ng cds, \m/

wish i could get there para makabili ko directly from that band.

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »
Sana tugtugin nila ang..

Shed your skin
Sleepless blvd.
Shezzo wicked
Stranded
Sexfreak
Wake up
Agent orange
We are one
Push me
Misterio
Adios
Lo mejor
Lie (one more day)
Blisters

para happy slappy ang CROWD  :-D :evil:

Offline masterofmayhem

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »
angat ko lng :lol: