hulika

Author Topic: ORANGE AMPS Users  (Read 39554 times)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ORANGE AMPS Users
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2017, 07:06:29 AM »
Bro between the micro dark and HT5, which has "more" gain?

The MD wins.

MD running through 2 Orange PPC108 cabs. The HT5 is running through an HT112 cabinet.

The Ht5 cleans up better but the MD has more gain and more clean headroom.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2017, 07:46:57 AM »
Ah, you found one. Very nice.  :-D

Best find of 2017 so far haha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2017, 07:54:25 AM »
Welcome bro. Happy to be of service. It's just amazing to hear the huge impact a guitar cabinet has on the tone and character of any amp. Even things like altering cabinet Q by changing between closed back, semi open back and fully open back is just plain mind-blowing.

For Micro Terror owners, I think it is nice to have both a 1x8 cab and a 1x12 cab so you can scale up or scale down your rig depending on the need.

This is GAS inducing  :-D

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2017, 07:54:58 AM »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2017, 09:44:42 AM »
The MD works well with dirt pedals.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2017, 02:55:22 PM »
Bro between the micro dark and HT5, which has "more" gain?

Just to add to the discussion & confusion, I have the dark terror & ht1 metal naman. I do find that the gain of the ht1 metal is very useable across the sweep of the knob. Whereas the dark terror gets very fizzy above 2 o'oclock. I actually could not get a bad sound out of the ht1 metal. Pero it still feels like a distortion pedal in the sense that its not a dynamic amp. Feels stiff. Yan ang lamang ng dark terror. Very touch expressive amp! Fizzy nga lang at extreme gain levels.
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2017, 03:32:05 PM »
Back for good. :D

Got my sights on this particular model. Waitin to pull the trigger kasi puede order sa jb if I want one daw.

Ano cab gamit mo sir? I read from the forums that its got the best cleans out of the current roster of oranges. Sabi nga daw sa internetz.

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »
Got my sights on this particular model. Waitin to pull the trigger kasi puede order sa jb if I want one daw.

Ano cab gamit mo sir? I read from the forums that its got the best cleans out of the current roster of oranges. Sabi nga daw sa internetz.

Hey man. I'm using a PPC112. It sounds really good and can easily hang with a full band setup (w/ 2nd guitar player). In fact you'll be asked to turn down more often. :-D Yes, the clean channel sounds really good. It's not Fender spanky clean; it's warm and dark-sounding, which is how I want it. You'll probably want to test it out first if this is the main reason you wanna get it.

Just this weekend I plugged this into a PPC212OB and it sounded GLORIOUS. :wink: Not getting one though as it's friggin heavy (literally). :oops:
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2017, 04:36:08 PM »
Hey man. I'm using a PPC112. It sounds really good and can easily hang with a full band setup (w/ 2nd guitar player). In fact you'll be asked to turn down more often. :-D Yes, the clean channel sounds really good. It's not Fender spanky clean; it's warm and dark-sounding, which is how I want it. You'll probably want to test it out first if this is the main reason you wanna get it.

Just this weekend I plugged this into a PPC212OB and it sounded GLORIOUS. :wink: Not getting one though as it's friggin heavy (literally). :oops:

Cool review bro! Matagal ko na gusto yun th30 pero my wife surprised me with the rocker 30. The th30 is still on my radar though.

Muntik ko na kunin yung kay cayle actually, pero nahuli lang ako kasi someone just bought it same day I asked. Tough luck!

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »
Cool review bro! Matagal ko na gusto yun th30 pero my wife surprised me with the rocker 30. The th30 is still on my radar though.

Muntik ko na kunin yung kay cayle actually, pero nahuli lang ako kasi someone just bought it same day I asked. Tough luck!

Yeah Cayle's ad was a really good deal. I still can't get over how heavy that cab is (plus it is oversized).

You can still get a ppc112 to pair with your R30 combo and it will still rock. That and you'll have a cool looking mini stack.  :wink:

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:08 AM »

The Orange cab was really heavy with speakers in it. I remembered you texted me just a few minutes after I met up with the guy who bought it. Tough luck indeed.  :lol:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:54:50 AM by cayle »

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
used to have a TH30. it was difficult to dial in the drive channel (that single tone knob) in a band/gig setting. I needed to put an EQ pedal in the effects loop to be able to have more control on the frequencies that wouldl enable me to cut through the mix.
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »
used to have a TH30. it was difficult to dial in the drive channel (that single tone knob) in a band/gig setting. I needed to put an EQ pedal in the effects loop to be able to have more control on the frequencies that wouldl enable me to cut through the mix.

This is exactly how I use my amp too; well actually same for all of my amps as well. :-D Minus the EQ in the loop, I agree; and depending on what genre you're playing, that it may have difficulty cutting through. But I've never had this problem on those instances I turned off my eq. On a recent gig (alternative covers) with another guitarist using a 212 cab vs my PPC112, he begged me to tone down. :wink:

@x_taxi: bro may sale ngayon ang JB @ 12 mos 0% interest on the PPC212OB. Do it. Do it.  8-)

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2017, 11:19:11 AM »
This is exactly how I use my amp too; well actually same for all of my amps as well. :-D Minus the EQ in the loop, I agree; and depending on what genre you're playing, that it may have difficulty cutting through. But I've never had this problem on those instances I turned off my eq. On a recent gig (alternative covers) with another guitarist using a 212 cab vs my PPC112, he begged me to tone down. :wink:

@x_taxi: bro may sale ngayon ang JB @ 12 mos 0% interest on the PPC212OB. Do it. Do it.  8-)

actually, the TH30 I had, had no problem cutting through if dadaanin ko sa volume...it had plenty of volume. the problem is, i'll either cut out the bassist or the other guitarist. So it wasn't an issue on volume. It was an issue on being able to bump out certain frequencies para rinig ang lahat without cutting the other instruments' frequencies

that shape knob is so limiting
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2017, 05:36:18 PM »
The Orange cab was really heavy with speakers in it. I remembered you texted me just a few minutes after I met up with the guy who bought it. Tough luck indeed.  :lol:

Yeah bro! Yan ang problema pag nagdalawang isip. Hahaha!

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2017, 05:38:59 PM »

Hahaha! Kung kaya lang ng bulsa eh. Way overbudget sa acquisitions ko last year. Actually ang gusto ko yun 212 na closed back in black tolex, meron pa yata sa megamall. Not the jim root one but the one with v30s!

Offline metalh3dz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2017, 11:39:32 AM »
I traded my ZT Lunchbox Junior and Cry Baby Mini Wah to an Orange Micro Terror and Laney Cub Cab 2x12 with the intention of reselling the Micro Terror and buying a bigger head but the Micro Terror totally exceeded my expectations. Ganda pala neto! This head will stay with me for a while.

I'm glad that you liked it! having fun with the ZT lunchbox Jr here! although im not a frequent user of Crybaby Wah, still glad it fell to a more capable hands.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
NAD! loving my dark terror!

Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline lyrad24

• Veteran Member
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
Hi everyone.

It's been more than a year that I don't have an amp and is planning to get a practice amp and my friend suggested getting an Orange Crush 20L.

I will be checking them at JB stalls and I just wanted to ask for reviews or suggestions too.

Thank you and Best Regards! :)

"Every hot girl is a rockstar." - PG

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2017, 12:00:20 AM »
NAD! loving my dark terror!

Congrats and welcome to the Orange family.  :-D

Hi everyone.

It's been more than a year that I don't have an amp and is planning to get a practice amp and my friend suggested getting an Orange Crush 20L.

I will be checking them at JB stalls and I just wanted to ask for reviews or suggestions too.

Thank you and Best Regards! :)

No experience on the 20, but I was able to use the 35rt. That amp can hang with bigger 50w solidstates. The cleans are not sparkly (i.e. Fender) but is quite how I like it (dark). It loves pedals. If your budget affords it, spring for the 35rt.  :wink:

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2017, 11:24:29 AM »
Used the Dark Terror here. :)

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2017, 04:39:37 AM »
Here goes my orange amps:

Dual Terror

and his niece:
Crush 12

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2017, 06:52:01 AM »
The MD works well with dirt pedals.

sir magkano lahat score mo sa amp mo?
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2017, 07:20:32 PM »

sir magkano lahat score mo sa amp mo?

Trade trade lang yan bro.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2017, 08:28:47 AM »
Trade trade lang yan bro.

tapos inabot ka na ng gnyan. wow. ako din ata i trade ko ung amp ko. kaso hindi aabot sa gnyan. hehehehe. ung amp ko is laney lx65. pero gusto ko mag try ng orange. maganda daw talaga kasi.
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!