hulika

Author Topic: Why you should NEVER get a MAC.  (Read 15584 times)

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Why you should NEVER get a MAC.
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »
siguro nasa gagamit lang talaga , sa case ko kasi gusto ko rin magkaroon ng imac for the purpose of my work, hindi naman necessary at requirement sa trabaho pero why not to try it... pero since cannot aqfford dahil as i've said before dollar pricing curreny kasi nila ni base kadalasan talaga market ng mgaq yan malalaki US at UK kaya ganyan mahal. kong dollar eraner ka naman ang sweldo eh kayang kaya mo yan. pero kong si pedro ay peso medyo mag-aalanganin...normal yon.

lalo na ngayon sa hirap ng buhay sayang yong pera pwede pang paggamitan yong sobra  sa ibang mahalagang bagay na kailangan... PC for me as of the moment is enough.

mga cliente ko lulufet ng mac nyon lalake US, UK pa galing pero i've i said before they can afford because they are dollar earner...its easy for them.

yep thats true.. ako kasi I use both eh (mas matagal pa nga ako gumamit ng PC eh).. pero I dont have prejudices on the two machines or the people who chose to use them or the other way around kasi its unfair eh..

ako both on our house and office I use Mac and PC what the other cant do the other can, vice versa, it makes a good team.. our team app developer use the PC when he develops "Web-Based Applications, JQuery etc" and when he creates "Native Applications" he switch to the Mac.. something like that.. so I really think its really uncalled for to debate about which is faster.. better.. cooler.  :-(

presyo siguro pwede pa..  :-D
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
Ayos tong thread na to ah. Haha. I have a macbook pro. And I find my mac better than those typical laptops. I have used MSI, Asus, HP, Acer and Dell and I can say that my current Macbook is better.

*IMHO, you buy what you can afford, you buy what you want, you don't need others' comments to buy what you think you deserve. :)
RN. MD. General Surgeon. Bassist. Audiophile.
2 Elegee Custom 5-string Bass. 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass. Mono Vertigo.

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »
Ayos tong thread na to ah. Haha. I have a macbook pro. And I find my mac better than those typical laptops. I have used MSI, Asus, HP, Acer and Dell and I can say that my current Macbook is better.

*IMHO, you buy what you can afford, you buy what you want, you don't need others' comments to buy what you think you deserve. :)

yep.. since if you can afford it then nobody can say sh*t about it when you buy one..

altho totoo din naman na sa price ng mac eh may malupet na PC ka ng pwedeng bilhin.. pero thats not the case to people who wanted the "experience" using a mac.. and navigating thru the Mac OS X.. and the feel of the "seamless integration".. yung ang forte ng Mac eh, di lang basta status symbol..

dig this..

My bro has a Sony Vaio Laptop with Windows 7

I have a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard

our mom use an AMD Desktop PC with Windows XP for her usuall web-browsing and facebook chores..

nasira yung PC ng ermats namin.. eh since wala pa ako extra budget di ko pa mapaayos or makabili ng bago.. so ang ginawa namin is yung laptop muna ng kapatid ko ginamit nya to browse the net and do facebook.. one night wala yung bro ko so yung Macbook ko ang ginamit nya.. FIRST TIME gagamit ng Mac ang nanay ko so di nya kabisado.. tinuro ko lang yung basics sa kanya.. after 1 hour yata alam na nya gamitin.

the following night pag uwi ko nagmamadali yung nanay ko makigamit ng laptop para makapag internet sya kasi di pa daw sya nakakapag internet the whole day.. tanong ko "bakit di mo gamitin yung vaio laptop?"

sagot nya: "Eh mas madali kasi gamitin yang laptop mo eh"

thats to a point of view of a "middle-aged non-techie mother" who used windows pc all her life.. mas ginusto pa nya wag na muna mag internet buong araw kesa gamitin yung laptop ng utol ko.. I dunno if di lang sya sanay sa trackpad ng vaio or baka pag may mouse mas madali.. pero I see my mom use my laptop the same way as I do.. "one hand navigation" using the multi-touch trackpad (unless magta-type ka).

di nga nya pinapansin yung magic mouse sa tabi eh.. sabi pa nya: "ah mouse ba yan?"

:-D :-D

Offline hegalong

• Netizen Level
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 06:24:20 AM »
I bought my first Mac (MBPro 13) in 2009.  No issues until now.  I upgraded to OSX Lion na, the best pa rin.  Sobrang astig.  I bought an iMac last year...  Perhaps I'll get an MBP 15 this year too because of the Retina display.

Tama yung nag-post sa taas.  Buy what you can afford.  For me, sobrang astig ang Macs.  I will never go back to PCs.

I'm posting this using an iMac which has been ON for 5 days now.  Hindi nagha-hang.  A total workhorse.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2012, 01:02:11 AM »
2 weeks into having a mac. Wala na. Pang games nalang talaga yung PC ko sa bahay. Haha. School, work, email, yung MBP na ginagamit ko.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »
At the risk of being called makulit, I'll say it again; Macs are PCs (or Mac OS-powered PCs if you want to separate yourself from the dirty masses).  :-D

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
At the risk of being called makulit, I'll say it again; Macs are PCs (or Mac OS-powered PCs if you want to separate yourself from the dirty masses).  :-D

yep.. nasanay nalang siguro tayo sa terminologies.. but to be fair with apple, their hardware is "designed by them" to the exact specifications of their Mac OS X software..

unlike windows which is designed to "run and support multiple hardware" (regardless of the manufacturer) with regards to 3rd party parts "specifications" and "optimizations" they allow "plugins" and "drivers" to be downloaded and installed into their software to run it.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »
We have strayed away from the topic. Let us remind ourselves that we are talking about a Mac, a desktop computer, not their mobile Macbooks.

Qroon is right, Macbook prices ARE competitive, not overpriced at all; which is sadly in contrast with their desktop counterparts.

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 07:18:15 PM »
We have strayed away from the topic. Let us remind ourselves that we are talking about a Mac, a desktop computer, not their mobile Macbooks.

Qroon is right, Macbook prices ARE competitive, not overpriced at all; which is sadly in contrast with their desktop counterparts.

Yeah I myself will be caught dead buying that exagerrated Mac Pro..

Offline hegalong

• Netizen Level
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
Actually, I think that their iMacs are more practical to buy.  I have one.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2012, 02:21:49 AM »
Yeah I myself will be caught dead buying that exagerrated Mac Pro..

I'd rather go hackintosh than get a Mac Pro.

Actually, I think that their iMacs are more practical to buy.  I have one.

I was actually choosing between the iMac and the MBP before ultimately choosing the MBP. I figured I might need the portability of the MBP that's why I got it.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
i dont know guys, i still think Macs are boring. they call it simple, elegant, stylish and user friendly - i call it boring.

i have used macbooks and imacs.ive used those so called 'programs' that are specifically designed to work seamlessly on macs and they indeed work great.but i dont find the chaos that im used to having whenever i use pcs and linux based desktops.being a black coffee type of guy, its like someone put coffeemate on my coffee and the smoothness is making me puk3.

and im ready for whatever stone youre gonna throw at me. at least ive stated my opinion.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
i dont know guys, i still think Macs are boring. they call it simple, elegant, stylish and user friendly - i call it boring.

i have used macbooks and imacs.ive used those so called 'programs' that are specifically designed to work seamlessly on macs and they indeed work great.but i dont find the chaos that im used to having whenever i use pcs and linux based desktops.being a black coffee type of guy, its like someone put coffeemate on my coffee and the smoothness is making me puk3.

and im ready for whatever stone youre gonna throw at me. at least ive stated my opinion.

Well, boring nga talaga sya. Helps boost my productivity though. Haha!

Until Logic Pro is available for Windows, which is malabo mangyari since Logic is developed by Apple, I'll be using both Macs and PCs.

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »

I wont throw any stones at you dude heheh as im a windows user myself.. atleast you dont have any prejudices upon "mac users" but simply aired your opinion about your "user experience" using macs..

:-D :-D

Offline hegalong

• Netizen Level
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 02:41:59 AM »
Tama.  No debate.  Love what you can afford.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2012, 08:41:49 AM »
I get a fair amount of beachballs with the macs in the office, and these are Protools macs. A mac won't tell you what's wrong with it. Good thing I'm very familiar with pc hardware. If there's one thing, the signs are the same.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline hegalong

• Netizen Level
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »
Basta ako, very happy.  The Macbook Pro I bought in 2009 is still alive!  Walang issues.  Never ako nag-reformat, never nag-hang kahit isang linggo nang bukas, never nagka-virus, walang sira except that the batteries last for 2 hours na lang.  Same with my 2011 iMac.  I'm planning to buy an MBP 15" to use for gigs dahil sa sobrang pagkakatuwa ko bilang Mac user.  Sa Mac, never magbu-bluescreen kung maingat ka.  If I had the money, I'm gonna buy a MacPro.  Super reliable editing machine.  Yung video editor ko recently got herself a new Macbook Pro.  Dahil labis siyang ipinahiya sa kliyente niya ng kaniyang 2012 updated na superpowerful PC na combination ng matataas na hardware specs.  Nag-crash sa kalagitnaan ng isang project.  Three full days of work, naibasura.

Kung browse-browse lang at Word processing lang naman, OK na ang PC.  Pero kung computer-based ang trabaho mo at kailangan mo talaga ng workhorse (video production or music production or graphics), mag-Mac ka.  Sa first purchase mo lang ang mahal.  Hindi or madalang niya papasakitin ang ulo mo.  And sobrang bilis niya, mag-shutdown.  Wala yung inip factor pag PC nag gamit mo.  Hehe.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2012, 11:17:13 AM »
Sa Mac, never magbu-bluescreen kung maingat ka.

Because you never get bluescreens with a mac, you get beachballs and this can be infuriating to diagnose.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
Kung browse-browse lang at Word processing lang naman, OK na ang PC.  Pero kung computer-based ang trabaho mo at kailangan mo talaga ng workhorse (video production or music production or graphics), mag-Mac ka. 

Really depends on your field. For video, music, and graphics, you can probably do well with a Macbook. For most mainstream 3D applications, it's very hard to use a Mac (or more specifically, Apple OS).

But again, this really isn't really about Apple in general, but about the Mac Pro.

Offline hegalong

• Netizen Level
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2012, 12:23:21 PM »
Th MacPro is a very reliable workhorse.  It's worth the price. The biggest music and video prodhouses in the country use MacPros. Even Diwa de Leon has one in his home studio.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
Th MacPro is a very reliable workhorse.  It's worth the price. The biggest music and video prodhouses in the country use MacPros. Even Diwa de Leon has one in his home studio.

Sure, if you can afford it and are willing to pay double the price of its counterpart, by all means, go for it.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
Well, boring nga talaga sya. Helps boost my productivity though. Haha!

i agree. i did say it runs the programs smoothly right? the macbook i used ran 3 heavy programs(PS, Illustrator and a Safari with 8 deviant art tabs) and i did not experience any lags kahit scrolling lang ng browser.im sure may idea na kayo how it fared nung sa iMac ko na ginamit yan.was very tempted to explore the hardware but the owner doesnt want me to hehehe.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »
Because you never get bluescreens with a mac, you get beachballs and this can be infuriating to diagnose.

This. :)

And regarding viruses, my HP Pavilion desktops that run windows 7 haven't had viruses since we got 'em (2009/10). And we haven't reformatted 'em as well. My company-issued laptop is performing well too (Lenovo Thinkpad). And I work in the I.T. field. Work horse? I have 4-6 Linux VMs running to test configs and other new technologies.

Don't be complacent that Apple PCs/Laptops are that secure. There are new exploits coming out.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline stirfriedstrat

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 11:19:12 PM »
pwede nyo namang ma experience ang mac kahit naka windows pc or laptop kayo. check nyo lang kung compatible yung hardware ng desktop nyo or yung laptop for which osx version you wanna install here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

tapos yung osx installation mismo dito: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=137

marami pang sites dedicated to osx86 (hackintosh) pero di ko na alam kung active pa like osx86project. you can get the osx installers from torrents.

i was a big fan of hackintosh way back nung tiger pa lang hanggang leopard lang. medyo huminto na ko kasi medyo busy na sa ibang bagay. i had a perfectly running leopard on my pc (gigabyte p35 ds4 mobo) using the vanilla leo disc (unmodified) using an hfs partition. might try the newer flavors (lion & mountain lion) if i have the time.

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »
overrated talaga ng MAC, i could buy a super fast gaming PC sa range na yon.

grabe lang talaga ang hype whenever na maglalabas sila ng bagong products.