hulika

Author Topic: Ok ba ang WIFI?  (Read 9354 times)

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Ok ba ang WIFI?
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 07:15:42 PM »

You can surf Talk@PhilMusic while sitting in the CR. That's my recommendation of the day for the truly addicted.  :lol:

ui, nagawa ko na ito kahapon lang(march 20, 2007).........gamit ko psp

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Ok ba ang WIFI?
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 11:16:25 AM »
You wifi'ers might find this interesting... DIY WiFi Antennas.

Mostly waveguides and yagi's that increase the gain. I wonder if this will increase reception and help prevent dropouts. Hmmm... there's even one based on a Pringles can.  :lol:

interesting...

but i believe that if there are multiple users we dont need to increase the gain, for it will narrow the beamwidth.

meaning the antenna will be directional...kung nakatutuok sa isang user ung waveguide or yagi antenna, mlakas signal nya, pero sa ibang user, hihina or baka mwalan ang signal, wala rin...

i thnk its better to keep it omnidirectional...para equal ang radiation  :lol:

Huh?

If you'll notice, most of the antennas are at the receiving end. You are not depriving other users of signals but are merely increasing signal strength (gain) at the user end by focusing the signals on your own antenna. Most wifi transmitters use a single-point dispersion configuration so signal strength decreases logarithmically to the distance from the source. The purpose of the DIY antenna is to increase gain at the user side thereby preventing dropouts. Dropouts occur when the signal level falls below a certain threshold; below that threshold, the receiver has difficulty discerning the wifi signal from noise. Increasing the gain at the receiving side should sufficiently keep the signal above noise level.

The upshot of the waveguide is that you are also increasing your own signal strength going to the source (base) antenna making your uploads less prone to dropouts as well since the signal strength from the end user's antenna is several magnitudes weaker than the signal from a base transmitter.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:17:30 AM by KitC »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire