hulika

Poll

which processor is better?

Intel
0 (0%)
AMD
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Intel Vs. AMD  (Read 9905 times)

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Intel Vs. AMD
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »
that was the old amd when it got really hot and prone to crackin the core during installation.  the x2's have been cool, even with the stock fans.  the only reason you'd probably want to change the fans would be if you wanted a silent pc, not that the stock fans are silent enough though.

just get a low wattage rated processor.  the x2 i've been usin only uses 65 watts, so essentially less power consumption and most importantly, less heat.  presyong pinoy pa!

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 12:33:21 PM »
I read in a post somewhere of someone complaining that his Intel was always overheating and he sent pics to help with analysis.

Talk about USER ERROR:-o
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »
hahaha!

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 03:08:22 PM »
ahem, i can see where he made a mistake...
that fan is mounted as an intake fan, it should be mounted in reverse and outside the casing as it was designed and also at the upper hole!  idiot...

that bare processor is ok as it is.... he he he
yup its a rainy friday, have fun naman tayo
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »
naging external cooling hehehee...
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 03:31:12 PM »
that was the old amd when it got really hot and prone to crackin the core during installation.

Yup! the early Thoroughbred Athlons and especially Durons did get hot with the stock fans. Most of us moved to high cfm fans like the volcanos, thermalrights and other aftermarket fans to alleviate this since the stock cooler was insufficient for local temps. Also, mounting the HSFs at angle usually resulted in a cracked core and a dead cpu. The bad part was that a LOT of cracked cores can be attributable to faulty installation procedures by computer techs at... guess where?  :evil: I guess they wised up after a lot of returns. Another thing, not too many know how to lap their heatsinks so that it functions more efficiently by flattening the lathe machine grooves on the copper inserts.

@3650 - I think the HSF is in exhaust mode judging from the fan blade angle.  :-D
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »
that bare processor is ok as it is.... he he he
yup its a rainy friday, have fun naman tayo

haha.  puedeng pang-gawa ng kape.  just need to route some hoses to the coffee maker.

@kitc, pinoy ba yan?  someone we know?

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »
Another thing, not too many know how to lap their heatsinks so that it functions more efficiently by flattening the lathe machine grooves on the copper inserts.

true.  lappin does help a lot for conductivity with the heat spreaders.  plus artic silver, not too much of it though.  some people just drench the thing in it like a dallop of mayo at the hotdog stand.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 04:03:38 PM »
x,

I got it off a madshrimp/hardocp post from here. As far as I can tell, NOT pinoy.  :lol: :lol: :lol: The guy who owned the computer was a "master" at building computers. ROTFLMAO!!!

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 04:58:21 PM »
x,

I got it off a madshrimp/hardocp post from here. As far as I can tell, NOT pinoy.  :lol: :lol: :lol: The guy who owned the computer was a "master" at building computers. ROTFLMAO!!!

yeap, he really knows what hes doing... :lol:

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »
What's an upgrader to do?  :|
Wait for Socket AM3, perhaps?  :lol:

Heck, I might just do that. Early next year pa naman ang planned upgrade ko e. Hehehehe.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 11:24:50 PM »
I read in a post somewhere of someone complaining that his Intel was always overheating and he sent pics to help with analysis.

Talk about USER ERROR:-o

fake. hehehe. kitang kita na flatten na yung thermal agen dun sa processor.  :lol:
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 12:56:50 AM »
fake. hehehe. kitang kita na flatten na yung thermal agen dun sa processor.  :lol:

Yup! Pero click on the link, and then comments, it will take you to the Hardocp forum. It goes on for 5 pages (explanation on page 4) about tech "Help Desk Humor". The actual tech who looked at the pc took pics first time he opened the case, or at least that's what he claims.

Going back on topic, AMD or Intel, it's all the same. They're both tools and so are we if we let ourselves be swayed by popular opinion and price, instead of performance for a set budget. Just choose what works for you.

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »
 'twas very well explained a couple of pages back, and I think you had the last word.

kahit saan techie forum ka pumunta, somebody will always post an Intel vs. AMD. its great for creating traffic... and letting our biases get the better of us...

for me my duron 900 on a coolermaster rocks! he he since 2003 pa siya ha....

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2007, 11:28:07 AM »
Going back on topic, AMD or Intel, it's all the same. They're both tools and so are we if we let ourselves be swayed by popular opinion and price, instead of performance for a set budget. Just choose what works for you.

yup, it's kinda like the long standin mac vs pc debate, even though macs now are essentially pcs.  or lasalle vs ateneo.  hehe.  kanya kanyang preference lang talaga.

dunno if it still applies though, pero it used to be that amd was so much better for overclocking/games.  and intel for multimedia creation.  maybe that's why i'm a bit biased towards amd.  hehe.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
In general, amd still is better for games although multimedia capabilities between the 2 is somewhat blurred; eoi-jepoy will attest that his 4400+X2 processes video faster than an equivalent Intel (and he does this on an almost daily basis so he knows what he's talking about). It does make me take online reviews with a grain of salt.

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »
In general, amd still is better for games although multimedia capabilities between the 2 is somewhat blurred; eoi-jepoy will attest that his 4400+X2 processes video faster than an equivalent Intel (and he does this on an almost daily basis so he knows what he's talking about). It does make me take online reviews with a grain of salt.

cool!  could it be cause the amd memory controller is on chip?  video does use a lot of memory in its tasks.

not to rain on intel's parade, but my friend's got bsod's on his intel quad just playin swat 4.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 01:32:06 PM by x_taxi »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2007, 01:39:02 PM »
kahit saan techie forum ka pumunta, somebody will always post an Intel vs. AMD. its great for creating traffic... and letting our biases get the better of us...

yun nga ang dahilan kung bakit dito ako nag post at hindi sa ibang forum...sa iba kasi pag nag post ako ng ganitong tanong katakut takut na flaming ang aabutin ko...mashado na daw redundant yung thread title madami na daw nakasagot...i tried searching for a good answer sa tipidpc pero susmaryosep, andaming threads na iisa lang ang topic...at pag nagbukas ka ng isa, makikita mo puro asaran lang...hindi ko na nahanap yung gusto ko malaman...at least dito hard core techy man o hindi, sasagot ng maayos based sa POV nila...

salamat nga pala at nalinaw nyo sakin kung ano na ang meron sa Intel at AMD ngayon...antagal dumating ng cash loan ko hehehee biling-bili na ko eh!

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2007, 02:03:24 PM »
Nakow! TPC pa, ang daming fanboys ng Intel at AMD dun... they're all tools. Bottom line is, it's all dependent on your motherboard and what your application will be. Point in case, my experiences with audio applications and my soundcards.

I use a couple of relatively professional soundcards plus I am a registered user of Sonar and Cubase. I've built several digital audio workstations already, choosing parts so that they will not conflict with my cards and software; iba ang needs ng digital audio compared to gaming and just plain computing.

While I started out with a Pentium, I was already looking at AMD because from the practical standpoint of cost, theirs was a good platform, the chipsets worked well with my hardware/software and reviews from other users vindicated my choice. It all boils down to cost and performance for your intended application. Always build to a specific usage and try to get the best parts you can afford, like motherboard, ram and cooling solutions. Cheap parts usually cost you in terms of performance/expansion and worse, can be incompatible with your software and peripherals. Always do your research before buying.

Another thing to consider, always choose a mobo that allows you to upgrade easily for the next 2 - 3 years and don't be on the cutting edge because that is where you bleed. Follow the sagas of early adopters and trailblazers and learn from their mistakes.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »
dun ka na lang magbasa sa amin sa PinoyPC.net hehehehe.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 05:38:51 PM »
^heheheeee...endorser  :-D

teka nga tanong ko naman...lets say meron akong 25k-30k  na budget para sa pc at ang gamit ko sa kanya ay gaming/image and video editing...sa tingin nyo ba pasok na yung budget na yun?kahit on-board soundcard muna ang gamitin ko kasi 2.1 channel speakers lang ang pwede ko magamit dahil maliit lang apartment ko at gabi ko lang sya lagi magagamit...pede na ba ang budget ko?

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2007, 06:33:31 PM »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2007, 08:01:42 PM »
^sarap ng setup nito ah?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ AM2 2000Mhz - P 3,800
Emaxx NF6100 - P 2,650
250GB seagate 7200rpm SATA NCQ - P 3,450
2x1GB DDR2 667 PQI - P 4,100
LG DVD-Writer 18X GSA-H44L Black with Lightscribe - P 1,750
Cyclops V21B SB with Keyboard/Mouse/Speaker - P 1,450
17" Redfox (Black) - P 3,700

kulang na lang magandang vid card...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:05:49 PM by marzi »

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2007, 02:16:29 AM »
25-30k naman budget mo e. the new ATi 2600 Pro seems like a good buy.

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2007, 09:50:15 AM »
IMO depends on your application and how you take care of your pc... I've been sticking with intel until now. It has never failed me. I'll change if i don't get my money's worth. I haven't bought AMD before but I tried a couple so I can't say it's bad. But I'm willing to look at that direction if I'm not happy with Intel. If you look at pricing e medyo malaki nga ang difference but over all sa experience ko kung sa tingin mo sulit yung pera mo ok lng, pero minsan may mga parts na masmaganda yung masmura para hindi mo na isipin kapag nasira palitan mo nalang. So unless your really going to push your cpu to the max not so highend stuff's will do.